• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WingGAF: Drums or flats?

Drums or Flats?

• Drums

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Flats

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I don't like wings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a vegetarian or vegan

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

brap

Banned
D6dKLKHXsAAkZtE.jpg

I'm gonna have to say drums. Easier to eat and seems like more meat.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I think I like the drums a little bit more. But they’re both good. The flats have more succulent innards as triple mentioned.

Drums, mainly because they are more fun to eat for me. I eat fried chicken Baptist preacher-style - I strip every single piece clean to the bone. You can do the technique from the video, but there is still meat on those bones!

You can also redip a drum into sauce or blue cheese more easily than a flat, and I love my sauces and blue cheese dressing. It's hard to sop up every drop of a delicious peanut butter sauce with a flat, but drums you can get two or three bits out of.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I like em both as well, but prefer the flats. I think there are more creases in there to catch flavor, but then again the drums have potential for more crispy skin. My research is not scientific.

Super Mario

Banned
Who cares? It's all about how it's cooked and the sauces. There is this dive bar by me with amazing wings. Like mini fried chickens. Then I need either a spicy dry rub, hot garlic parmesan, hot, or sweet heat. Mmmm

Who cares? It's all about how it's cooked and the sauces. There is this dive bar by me with amazing wings. Like mini fried chickens. Then I need either a spicy dry rub, hot garlic parmesan, hot, or sweet heat. Mmmm

Places here in Buffalo started doing traditional wing sauce with Cajun spice sprinkled on top afterward. It’s divine.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Drums now, I was all-in on flats as a kid but they're not quite as meaty as the mini-drums.

The last two options should have a bit in parentheses about prefering the company of other men.

#teamdrumetts

Last edited:
Ugh, time for some over priced wings and wedges. B-Dubs, here I come.

Wingettes, but I got to have the drumettes with them.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Fried a whole batch last night. Curry for a few, plain for a few, and Dave’s Insanity Sauce for a few. Good supper.

Codes 208

I enjoy both but I prefer flats. The meat is easier to strip from the bone. (Plus the skin makes for a much nicer crispy texture.)

Also drumettes don’t really have all that much more meat when you think of it. About half of it is bone and cartilage.

Grinchy

Banned
Flats all the way. I wish I could buy bags of just flats. With how much much everyone else seems to like the drums more, it seems like that shouldn't be a problem. Yet, here we are, living in a world where I can't get all flats. And people have the audacity to bitch about fake oppression while I'm sitting here eating drums.

I've never heard wings called "flats". Is that a European thing?
I'm in Ohio, heard them called wingettes/drumettes or wings/drums.

Haven't heard the term flats until looking stuff up online. 🤷

Flats all the way. I wish I could buy bags of just flats. With how much much everyone else seems to like the drums more, it seems like that shouldn't be a problem. Yet, here we are, living in a world where I can't get all flats. And people have the audacity to bitch about fake oppression while I'm sitting here eating drums.

You can get a pack of flats at walmart lol.

Last edited:

Shelbutt

me and the bf are big eaters of wings, and we recently discovered papa johns has these wings with some kind of Chipotle sauce on them and it's SO GOOD.
Also our local Sir Pizza has the classic style of BBQ, it's so fucking good
goddamnit OP now i'm hungry
🤤

CyberPanda

Banned
me and the bf are big eaters of wings, and we recently discovered papa johns has these wings with some kind of Chipotle sauce on them and it's SO GOOD.
Also our local Sir Pizza has the classic style of BBQ, it's so fucking good
goddamnit OP now i'm hungry
🤤
Me too. But everything is closed where I live.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I like drums, the wife likes flats. It's caused problems.

While I know I prefer on the bone, we have gone boneless for the sake of the marriage and the kids.

Top Bottom