• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popularity=/necessitate critical opinions. Which is the most popular game doesn't mean that people think it's the best game of the year. GTAV is a much more popular game but TLOU is probably going to win because more people think it's a better game.

It's a measure of what's popular and well-liked among the population of hardcore gamers that make up this forum. That's all.

This whole argument over the AOTY voting scheme reeks of people who need some sort of validation that what they like is what everyone else who matters likes.

Go_Ly_Dow

We forgot the Wall of Shame

Disgusting 100+ posters below

User Name Posts
KirbYayoi 1,109
cajunator 1,053
CorvoSol 871
Theonik 607
R_thanatos 530
Gazoinks 495
Jarmel 470
Admiral Woofington 435
Narag 417
duckroll 417
Branduil 379
wonzo 374
Dedication Through Light 372
Hitokage 342
cnet128 335
hosannainexcelsis 331
ZachDeKoromaru 316
fertygo 307
madp 287
dakkumauji 276
firehawk12 269
Syrinx 259
zeroshiki 252
Shard 243
Quasar 233
foxuzamaki 213
Articalys 210
Jexhius 209
Save 'N Quit 201
dimb 199
Basileus777 195
cosmicblizzard 165
nintendoman58 164
Vito 157
Jintor 154
Mature 153
hipbabboom 150
Joe Molotov 143
Dresden 141
jman2050 140
rhizomatic 136
astrogamer 132
BGBW 129
chickdigger802 127
jgminto 127
Bombless 122
jbug617 121
FelixOrion 106

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Minimum shows is probably a bad idea just because it will result in people listing random shows or shows they've heard of. Same reason making their votes count for less if they vote for less shows is a bad idea.
It's only two shows I'm suggesting. I've decided to stick to the old scoring method as a consensus was not met.

Anyone know the top 10 shows based on total sales?

Dresden

Popularity=/necessitate critical opinions. Which is the most popular game doesn't mean that people think it's the best game of the year. GTAV is a much more popular game but TLOU is probably going to win because more people think it's a better game.

Nah, more like it's a first-party sony exclusive that's well loved and sold millions on a forum filled with sony fans.

That's better than Angel Beats and Ano Hana ranking in AOTY.

At least we didn't have a revote that resulted in the same thing again.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This thread is going to be interesting as it retains the Cajunatior sized hole for another week or so.

Owwari

Banned
Subscribed modafoca!

I'm ready for some more Log Horizon, man this anime is goooood.
Nagi no Asukara can go sink on a whirlpool.

CorvoSol

Ah, glorious third place. All is as it should be, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm keeping Kill la Kill and Gundam Build Fighters, and picking up Mazinger Girls and Nobunaga the Fool. I might do Space Dandy just to stay hip, but so far I've been mostly uninterested in it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This whole argument over the AOTY voting scheme reeks of people who need some sort of validation that what they like is what everyone else who matters likes.
Well I'll likely have shows like KKK and Puchimas in my list so I obviously don't see the final results reflecting my taste. I just feel that those who take the time to rank shows should be rewarded over those who only list one show with no thought.

Anyone know the top 10 shows based on total sales?

Based on Japanese sales ranked by per-volume average (realize that some of these sales are not complete):

1. Attack on Titan
2. Monogatari SS
3. Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000%
4. Free!
5. Love Live!
6. Infinite Stratos 2
7. Railgun S
8. Oreimo S2
9. Hataraku Maou-sama!
10. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Jarmel

Banned
Nah, more like it's a first-party sony exclusive that's well loved and sold millions on a forum filled with sony fans.

GAF full of Sony Ponies confirmed.

It's a measure of what's popular and well-liked among the population of hardcore gamers that make up this forum. That's all.

And having a group of people list a single or possibly two shows tells everybody what? Especially when it's possible those are the only two shows they saw this year. Gaming side doesn't run into this problem because GAF is a gaming forum.

Mortemis

Banned
So Space Dandy will premiere first on Toonami right? Not sure if I should watch just the dub or waste my time and watch both. Lol

Winter looks okay this year, well better than last years winter.

Dresden

And having a group of people list a single or possibly two shows tells everybody what? Especially when it's possible those are the only two shows they saw this year. Gaming side doesn't run into this problem because GAF is a gaming forum.

But why does that matter? If they like it, let them vote for it. A popular vote by nature doesn't allow for much critical expression.

That was kinda cold.

Cutting the fat.

Gazoinks

So Space Dandy will premiere first on Toonami right? Not sure if I should watch just the dub or waste my time and watch both. Lol

Winter looks okay this year, well better than last years winter.

Might as well watch the first episodes of both and see which you like more.

Continuing

Kill La Kill
Yowamushi Pedal
Samurai Flamenco
Gundam Build Fighters
Hajime no Ippo
DokiDoki Precure
Pupipo

Will watch

HappinessCharge Precure
Space Dandy
Tonari no Seki-kun (thanks wonzo)
Nobunagun
Sakura Trick

Kansoku

Will continue Kill la Kill, might check Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha and Chuu2 if I like the first season (which I'll be watching soon). Nothing really caught my eye this season =/

Kazzy

That was kinda cold.

Pew-Pew!

I wasn't even going to qualify this, because somehow it'll probably make it seem worse. I just meant in terms of the thread moving so quick, meaning I never have the time to actually read most of it.

sonicmj1

Then why does it matter holding it in the first place?

Votes from previous years have been useful as a nice shorthand for recent stuff that curious people might enjoy. Also everyone loves a top 10 list, even if just to disagree with it.

Gazoinks

Winter has finally arrived!

ibhKNmYnVwvRus.gif

I will never get tired of this gif.

Wiktor

Will definitely watch Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene and D-Frag based on the studios making it alone :)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Votes from previous years have been useful as a nice shorthand for recent stuff that curious people might enjoy. Also everyone loves a top 10 list, even if just to disagree with it.

Hate is another form of love? You're starting to sound like Caster my friend.

jman2050

Disappointment is not the appropriate word. Unending hatred peppered with the intense desire to excise it from the chronicles of our world by force or time travel would be the emotion I would cite.

But is it worse than fetuses knowing what sex feels like?

Jarmel

Banned
Someone should just put the format up to a vote and let it be decided that way. It's apparent that there isn't going to be a solution that pleases everybody. So let the majority decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom