• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic! 23

Damn even when Kurz gets his hand and foot cut up good in a fight, his first thought is still about wishing he could get a picture of Melissa. I almost respect that, but at the same time, she's not in the best condition herself at the moment so...put it in the holster for a while, dude.

Gauron's just straight fucked. He just wants chaos and destruction. He doesn't even care if he dies in the process. It's what makes him so dangerous I guess. Fire drill was still fucking lame though, dude.

fertygo

The Fool - 03

This is so fucking stupid. like really stupid.. LMAO

NiseKoi - 02

This is good anime, but all of them shitty romcom misunderstanding, bait n switch.. urggggggghhhhh

This is good example where execution trump over shitty scenario.

Maison Ikkoku - 21~30
mgMbg9N.jpg
JgDdUbW.jpg
Man, I was going to say how the music in Touch gave Maison Ikkoku a run for it money until episode 24, I want that OP and ED back. Can someone explain to me what happened here?
The music in Touch is still better, Adachi won this round Rumiko.
The Kyoko
cat
episode. KYOKO! Stop hiding! Did you call?
I loled so hard when Kyoko is talking to Ichinose and she tells she didn't sleep with him and the a random passerby crash his bikes on a wall.
Kyoko's father looks like a pervert, no really and Kyoko's mother is just like her in the stubborness departament...at least for now...I don't know about the future
"I'd like to pair with you for the rest of my life."
I don't have confidence to make it as a professional tennis player. "Have you seen me practicing?" That's true, Ichinose is there just to gossip.
Kyoko has been thinking about her future, 3~5 years ahead.
Souichiro-san is rolling in his grave
Kentarou has a father!
Yotsuya putting everyone in the well.
Fucking cliffhanger on episode 30!!

Quasar

I....didn't buy a single one of those, woo?

I like some of that list, though don't need to own them. Though thats true of media generally. I dont need physical media anymore.

Thats said...really happy Garden of Words was on the list ( my anime movie of the year). That surprised me.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 03-12

Killua x Gon OTP forevs. It's just so adorable... Aside from Killua's (very impressive) ninja assassin skills. That's less cute. But still cool. :3

This is the best thing about shounen shows. I can watch a ton of episodes in one setting and I won't even notice how many I've seen. (Watching this weekly would be agonizing... I dread catching up).

cnet128

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 15

SUDDENLY SECOND YEARS. Where did they come from? XD

This training program just got cranked up to the next level!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Golden Boy 2 would be hated by some group Im sure. Nothing is immune.

Yes but I feel it, if executed right, would survive the hype better, especially if Doug Smith came back for the dub.

Well youre right about that a lot of times but I can think of certain exceptions.

of course, though double fangs are best.

even if the anime adaption was garbage ;_;

cajunator

Banned
Yes but I feel it, if executed right, would survive the hype better, especially if Doug Smith came back for the dub.

of course, though double fangs are best.

even if the anime adaption was garbage ;_;

Yeah I like Karin. Really cute anime. I havent read the manga and cant comment.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 72

Chase sequences and startled old men

But Gon really wasted a lot of time in his training considering he hasn't even budged.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time 14

this episode went by fast probably because oka-chan was in it, she ought to be in this show more often

Tonari no Seki-kun 3

RIP maede-kuns uniform

I hope a certain something fades away. Literally.
Want to see happy romance time with Koko. Stupid Banri.

Jarmel

Banned
Space Dandy-3 (Subbed)

This really works much better subbed. Yea some of the jokes are lost from the dubbed version but I also think the subbed does a much better job portraying Dandy's emotions.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic! 24

Generally what I expected. Nothing great. Tessa breaking down was pretty rough though.

Generally enjoyable series, but not spectacular. I guess the other two seasons are much better with the shift from Gonzo to KyoAni.

Hunter x Hunter has best bromance ever. So I hope the supposed cat girl doesn't ruin it.

Cat girl ?

lol

it's not a girl

Full Metal Panic! 24

Generally what I expected. Nothing great. Tessa breaking down was pretty rough though.

Generally enjoyable series, but not spectacular. I guess the other two seasons are much better with the shift from Gonzo to KyoAni.

Pretty much.
Fumoffu is legendary ( here i said it ! )

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 73

Suddenly it became Super YoYo!

If there's one thing for certain, I really am digging how they treat Gon's personality as both a blessing and a curse, because it's getting him ragged more and more
and considering what happens in Chimera Ant arc, it's practically the culmination of his personality being a curse.

That being said, Bisky finally reveals her true abilities! Finally!.

Jesus that was so bad it's good. If it really took them that long to do it, it's even funnier. And they look so incredibly awkward in those costumes, my life is complete. Thank you anime Jesus.

D-Frag 3

The comedy is still hit or miss, mostly miss. In fact the only hits this episode were of the minor characters, the dad and son were amazing.

The main girl cast got a bit better this arc since they weren't annoying and/or hoping for laughs exclusively by causing pain as they had moe moe smiles kawaii desu.

Over-all, the show may not be dropped but it's nowhere near the list of best high school comedies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom