• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobunaga no Shinobi - 00

goodjob.gif

Cornbread78

Theonik

Repost for new thread:

Well, looks like people were more interested in a Fall 2017 trip to Japan, so here's some updated details if anybody else is interested:

We'll most likely be going sometime in week 42-44.

Going for 8-13 days. Half in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

Estimated budget should be about $1000+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first half in Tokyo and about $2000+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order your own flight by late April 2017.

I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which will no longer have the giant Gundam statue, but there's other interesting stuff there as well)
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
KyoAni Shop
Nipponbashi
Temples and shrines in Kyoto
Check out the deer in Nara
Uji (The city shown in Sound! Euphonium)
Daytrip to Hiroshima
KyoAni Do event
Other things you want to check out

Here's pictures from the Fall 2015 K-On GAF Japan trip we did (only the Tokyo part):
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8

Oh, and we also met up with other people from GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108613

People who's shown interest:

Theonik
image.php

Line_HTX
image.php

Fatal Futanari
image.php

kpjolee
image.php

PshycoNinja
image.php

Thoraxes
image.php

StayDead
image.php

RurouniZel
image.php

PdotMichael
image.php

PM me here or on Twitter if you're interested.

-
EXCITE

Just T

Poco's Udon World: 12 [END]

Wow unexpected ending but still sweet.

This was a pretty good watch. It reminded me of Amaama to Inazuma with the parental bonding going on between Souta and Poco. Also, Barakamon, and not just because Souta looks like a great value brand Handa but because they both move to a rural area, begin trying to find themselves in a sense and grows as people. The show did a pretty good job with the focus on family relationships, whether by blood or not. Beyond being with Poco, Souta had a lot inner issues with past conversations with his father and him confronting those regrets could have led to a more cliché outcome but the way it turned out was better imo. Besides Hiroshi, the supporting characters were pretty good. Especially Rinko, Souta's sister who changes in her own ways.

So yeah this was a nice heartwarming show that was very sweet and looked wonderful. Definitely worth the watch.

You gotta fuck up really hard in your adaptation to make Dragon Maid not yuri.
Maybe its been a while since I read it but it isn't like the dragongirl is going to introduce Kobayashi to how long a dragon tongue can be by episode 2. IIRC a lot of it is just teasing that Kobayashi doesn't respond much to.

Hellraider

There's a Hibike! Euphonium hole in my heart so I'll try to find a show that's able to fill it for a bit until the new season well and truly starts.

Guess I'll finally try Hyouka. I'm curious.

I like Eupho quite a bit, but Hyouka is many leagues above it. I'm not exactly sure if it's exactly what you'd want for a Eupho replacement, though. Nevertheless it's excellent and everyone must watch it. It's also the one time that our AotY awards delivered <3

Oh, and it's a thousand times better than the mediocrity that Oregairu is.

Fancolors

Maybe its been a while since I read it but it isn't like the dragongirl is going to introduce Kobayashi to how long a dragon tongue can be by episode 2. IIRC a lot of it is just teasing that Kobayashi doesn't respond much to.

nvm what I said before, I was mistaking this for Furumapura, another CoolKyoushinsha work.

Looking at where the manga is now, I assume this will never leave the realm of subtext.

Akiba's Trip 1 dubbed

This was exactly what I wanted! It's absurd, fun, good looking, has awesome looking character design and it's dubbed as a plus. I'M IN!

As for the dub, they did a great job in my opinion, the voice are very fitting with the characters look. I guess I should check the sub to compare.

Also shout-out to the opening, it's awesome.

Twin star exorcist 38

I have a feeling on whats going to happen next episode and I kind of hope I'm right since it would be awesome!

I was kind of hoping the new TSE op was today, but maybe next episode.

------------------

Also I was the 8th most poster in the last thread? What do I even say to post that much lol.

Qurupeke

Akiba's Trip 1

Animation was good. And unexpectedly, it had a very cartoonish tone. Exaggerated, silly faces, over the top reactions and everything was really dynamic.

But lol, the premise is so bad. Also, not sure how the games are, but for such a fun looking show that seemed to rely mostly on fanservice, it had a lot of unsettling stabbing.

Akiba's Trip Episode 1 engdub
C1VYu6nWgAAHL0Y.jpg:small

No one in the JPN dub I really want to hear THAT badly to watch this twice a day so Ills tick with the engdub, can watch it while doing some work too.

Glad they strip the guys too makes it all around fun.

Tomotsu middle school novel sounds great hope he keeps referring to it.

Gonzo boyband anime when :(
C1VXr3EXgAEbhxt.jpg:small

Bungo Stray Dogs 4

Going back to this since season 2 seemed to have a particularly good reception. The tonal balance problems are still here, but after watching so much Kuromukuro it's refreshing to be watching an anime with a real sense of style again. As much as the jogging back and forth between gritty violence and goofy comedy bothers me, I love what Igarashi and his team have established with the visual style here. Plus Iwasaki's soundtrack is to die for.

duckroll

Bungo Stray Dogs 4

Going back to this since season 2 seemed to have a particularly good reception. The tonal balance problems are still here, but after watching so much Kuromukuro it's refreshing to be watching an anime with a real sense of style again. As much as the jogging back and forth between gritty violence and goofy comedy bothers me, I love what Igarashi and his team have established with the visual style here. Plus Iwasaki's soundtrack is to die for.

You should just start watching IBO instead.

Pellaidh

Neo Member
Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions, I really appreciate it. Looks like I've got enough shows to last me for a long time now.

John Blade

Well...a change in pace a bit as I will be watching a movie call Spring and Chaos. Wonder if I will like this movie or not but will keep an open mind when watching it.

Szadek

Akiba's Trip - Ep. 1
This could be an good anime if the actions scene weren't this bad.
Very often the camera is way too zoomed in to tell what is going on.
The transton (or lack there of) from the scene and the beginning to the OP was also pretty bad.

Another season, another opportunity for me to watch way too much anime. Luckily it lends well to a long commute. Here's everything I'll be watching:

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
Tales of Zestiria the X 2
SUPER LOVERS 2
3-gatsu no Lion
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Seiren
Youjo Senki
Little Witch Academia
Onihei
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Kuzu no Honkai
Urara Meirochou
Spirit Pact
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Chain Chronicle ~Hekuseitasu no Hikari~
Gabriel Dropout
Hand Shakers
Chaos;Child
Yami Shibai 4
nyanko-days

I try to watch everything that has a glimmer of promise. Is there anything, other than sequels or continuations, that I've missed that I should give a try?

Mob psycho 100 4 engdub rewatch

Yea after rewatching it, I still think episode 4 is my favourite episode of the whole show. From the cool shots of the body improvement club, to the comedy and the great characters interactions, everything in this episode just click super well with me and that is something from watching the sub that did not re-happen in later episodes.

Moaradin

The Mob Psycho dub is really good. Been watching the show again each week and it's on point. Got a kick out of hearing Noctis as Onigawara lol.

Another season, another opportunity for me to watch way too much anime. Luckily it lends well to a long commute. Here's everything I'll be watching:

I try to watch everything that has a glimmer of promise. Is there anything, other than sequels or continuations, that I've missed that I should give a try?

The Akiba's Trip anime started really strong! I suggest giving the first episode a try.

The Mob Psycho dub is really good. Been watching the show again each week and it's on point.

Agreed the VA they chosed for each character fits super well. I really like Mob's VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom