• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just T

Ajin: 14

The new OP and ED are not as good as the previous ones. Nice episode though, that part near the end was intense cause I forgot that it does the opposite of what Kei says.

Moaradin

Bungou Stray Dogs was alright. I'd say the same about IBO. Haven't seen S2 of either show yet, but S2 of Bungou seemed pretty well received.

jonno394

Thanks for the thread op. This will be the first time i can partake in simulcast discussion but think I'll still wait until everything is finished up airing and watch shows at my own pace. Too impatient to wait a week for each episode but patient enough to wait 13 weeks before i start up!

Cornbread78

heh? I need some explanation here.

Below is the convo; keep up rookie, lol

Bungo Stray Dogs 4
Going back to this since season 2 seemed to have a particularly good reception. The tonal balance problems are still here, but after watching so much Kuromukuro it's refreshing to be watching an anime with a real sense of style again. As much as the jogging back and forth between gritty violence and goofy comedy bothers me, I love what Igarashi and his team have established with the visual style here. Plus Iwasaki's soundtrack is to die for.

You should just start watching IBO instead.

I still haven't seen anything that makes me want to check out IBO.

Yet you're watching yaoi bait garbage that even DTL seems to dislike.

Akutagawa Atsushi was the best part of Bungou s2. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0_bMzCVIAAwCLg.jpg
C0_bMzCVIAAwCLg.jpg

I don't see a single show that interests me this season.

I guess maybe eiDILVE could be cool, but I don't know. I'll wait for impressions.

Akiba's Trip 1 dubbed
This was exactly what I wanted! It's absurd, fun, good looking, has awesome looking character design and it's dubbed as a plus. I'M IN!

As for the dub, they did a great job in my opinion, the voice are very fitting with the characters look. I guess I should check the sub to compare.

Also shout-out to the opening, it's awesome.

I'm a little more mixed on the dub, although it's not like I'm their target audience anyway. I barely watch Funimation Dubs/use their service since the Roku app updated and has been near unusable for my Wife and I.

Anyway I thought the main character's voice didn't feel quite as well as the Japanese one did, although Arisa's voice (Cow-sound boob girl) was better in the dub than the Japanese.

I really enjoyed the show though in a dumb fun kind of way, just like I did the game.

Akiba's Trip 1

Animation was good. And unexpectedly, it had a very cartoonish tone. Exaggerated, silly faces, over the top reactions and everything was really dynamic.

But lol, the premise is so bad. Also, not sure how the games are, but for such a fun looking show that seemed to rely mostly on fanservice, it had a lot of unsettling stabbing.

I've only played the one game in the series we've gotten over here, the Second one. Wife bought it for me for V-day if I recall correctly. The premise is very similar (although it's sunlight that does the bad guys in, not air. Maybe that's a first game thing) and yeah, there's a lot less stabbing and blood in the games, although there is some, if I recall correctly, when you first acquire your powers.

I get the impression from what little digging I could do that it's a sort of heavy re imagining of the first game. Some character names are the same, but designs don't match at all.

Ajin: 14

The new OP and ED are not as good as the previous ones. Nice episode though, that part near the end was intense cause I forgot that it does the opposite of what Kei says.

There's a second OP later on that, I think, is a bit better than this new one, but yeah, neither is as epic as that first one.

And yeah that ending to the episode gets super intense. They actually improved on the manga's version
imo
, which didn't manage to generate quite that level of tension.

I suppose it speaks poorly of IBO that it's even less attractive than yaoi bait garbage that even DTL seems to dislike then.

Mental Health is important, please don't shirk on it.
:p

Watch LWA

I saw the original short and enjoyed it, but for some reason I've never felt the urge to watch more than that despite the unanimous praise.

I'll probably get to it sometime depending on how the reception for the TV series is here.

I'm pretty hyped for elDLIVE! Also nothing fancy your tastes? Blue exorcist? Zestiria?

I'm not at all a fan of Blue Exorcist.

And while I am a Tales fan, I can't say I really enjoyed Zestiria's story enough to watch the anime adaptation of it.

I'm not at all a fan of Blue Exorcist.

And while I am a Tales fan, I can't say I really enjoyed Zestiria's story enough to watch the anime adaptation of it.
They changed a bunch of elements from the game story wise(mainly concerning Alisha) that I think someone who did not necesserly enjoy the game should give the anime a try. I mean Zestiria's characters are awesome and the anime really makes them shine.

duckroll

I suppose it speaks poorly of IBO that it's even less attractive than yaoi bait garbage that even DTL seems to dislike then.

He likes it, he posts fan art shipping characters who have actually been in a COCKpit together while FIRING THEIR LOAD.

Look just take the L and start watching it.

Cornbread78

Oh I followed it right, BSD s2=Bungo stray dogs season 2. I thought you were making some fancy joke here lol. Also rookie?! Don't judge me old man.

Nope, just "Bungholio," lol.

I'm not that old yet, just maybe older than almost all you you, lol.

I'm pretty hyped for elDLIVE! Also nothing fancy your tastes? Blue exorcist? Zestiria?

No robots, no dice.....

Check out the way they restructured it for the anime. It's shaping up great...

They changed a bunch of elements from the game story wise(mainly concerning Alisha) that I think someone who did not necesserly enjoy the game should give the anime a try. I mean Zestiria's characters are awesome and the anime really makes them shine.

Check out the way they restructured it for the anime. It's shaping up great...

I get that they restructured the story and all for the anime, but here's the thing.

When it comes to the stories of Tales games, they're more things I want to play rather than watch. All Tales stories, while some may be a lot better than others (see: Vesperia) are generally just generic fantasy anime junk food stories.

They're more enjoyable when I'm playing the game because the combat in Tales games are generally really fun, and when I enjoy that, it makes it easier for me to enjoy the plot and characters along with it, however generic they may be.

Take away the gameplay aspect with the anime, and the whole waaaay generic-ness of the story and characters, however more likeable they may be from other Tales games, become more apparent, and my investment is diminished greatly. I see no reason why I should watch Tales of Zestiria over something like Vision of Escaflowne.

I get that they restructured the story and all for the anime, but here's the thing.

When it comes to the stories of Tales games, they're more things I want to play rather than watch. All Tales stories, while some may be a lot better than others (see: Vesperia) are generally just generic fantasy anime junk food story.

Take away the gameplay aspect with the anime, and the whole waaaay generic-ness of the story and characters, however more likeable they may be from other Tales games, become more apparent, and my investment is diminished greatly. I see no reason why I should watch Tales of Zestiria over something like Vision of Escaflowne.

I don't know that I think quite so little of Tales' stories, but I do find it hard for me to enjoy the anime compared to the games. It's just more engaging being a part of the games than watching the anime. The few I've tried felt like the pacing was too fast and off.

Burbeting

Banned
I saw both seasons of SAO and thought they were both absolute garbage.

Yet... I will most likely still torture myself and watch the movie too. Sigh.

Zestiria anime just makes me want to replay the game, also I just wish the whole time while watching, why arent Sorey and Meebo in their swimsuits, or Edna and Lailah wearing their sunglasses and having angel wings on their backs :(

I see no reason why I should watch Tales of Zestiria over something like Vision of Escaflowne.
I mean it's good and worth a watch. But if the things we mentionned doesn't do you anything, then don't watch it, I was only searching possible show from this season you may like.

I don't know that I think quite so little of Tales' stories, but I do find it hard for me to enjoy the anime compared to the games. It's just more engaging being a part of the games than watching the anime. The few I've tried felt like the pacing was too fast and off.
Ufotable did an awesome job with the anime and if you liked the game I HIGHLY recommend checking the anime out.

Ufotable did an awesome job with the anime and if you liked the game I HIGHLY recommend checking the anime out.

Sadly I haven't gotten to play the game yet. Of Tales I've only gotten to play:
Phantasia
Symphonia and it's sequel
Abyss
Graces
And the first Xillia.
Oh and Hearts.
I'm hoping at some point I can actually play the others, just, god I have a 50+ game backlog already.

Cornbread78

Awww yes!

Konosuba Season 2! Let's go!!!

14lJNRz.jpg

Yes, yes, give in to the darkside!

It's just more engaging being a part of the games than watching the anime.

Hell to the yeah. That's definitely true, but when you compare the game story and the way it's structured to what they have done with the anime thus far, you would see why people are so VERY happy with the anime, lol.

YGO ARC-V Episode 47 Rewatch
C1V74n-XgAAzzm2.jpg:small

I can rewatch this episode all the time because Sora got to be epic and
Kurosaki was finally destroyed Not even the epic raid raptors could save him

I dont understand why his name is Hugo :(
C1VtWhOWIAA1jLU.jpg:small

Hell to the yeah. That's definitely true, but when you compare the game story and the way it's structured to what they have done with the anime thus far, you would see why people are so VERY happy with the anime, lol.

Hmm, well, maybe whenever I play Zestiria, if I don't like it, maybe I'll try the anime and see what I think then.

I really liked akibas trip. First episode was fun and the MC wasn't one of those lame afraid of the opposite sex types.

Kinda bummed they didn't use characters from undead and undressed but I'm liking everyone so far. And they used Katis design and origin.
Will keep watching.

Hellraider

SAO is the perfect anime series to watch in order to appreciate actually good ones. I'm definitely not skipping the movie!

My Anime watching basically fell off a cliff in 2016 outside of Toonami, the DBZ movies/OVA's and the end of the year where I finally watched shit. This year I'm planning to actually have some form of consistency and burn through my backlog in 2017.

Wonder how much of that kind of fanservice they'll add in the show since it's in Akihabara and all. :p

I'd hope a lot since the 2nd game regularly ran trailers of other games/anime in the background of the gameplay on the buildings signage. Fanservice is sort of part of the franchise.

I'm not much of a manga reader, but what's wrong with this one? The PV's look tame to be honest.

It's from a mangaka known for ridiculous melodrama and dumb twists. Fuuka is no exception to this though you might not get much of that if it's just 12 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom