• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Kotoura-san 4

ig9LMpYIFjOgF.gif

owned

Cracked me up so much.

Zetsuen no Tempest 16

Yoshino being boss.

Great episode. Still as silly as ever.

Regarding the latter half of the episode,
is that an anime original stuff or does it happen later in the manga. Either way, it definitely does seem to work extremely well if what it seems is returning back to what was skipped in the manga from last episode.

faridmon

Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow.

WOW.

Just... fucking wow.

How could anyone possibly hold this horribly wrong opinion?

Just because you like it, it doesn't mean its good. Even I have to admit that I do like some awful Anime.

Its OK, one day you will reflect on 2012 and admit that you were wrong.

Kazzy

I wanna say something regarding your comments but I fear I may ruin your experience. I am quite enjoying reading you thoughts on this show, however!

Just spoiler it. I'll promise that if you mark the title, I'll come back and read it later!

And I can see why it'd be difficult to discuss in isolation, especially I'm making all these assumptions after each subsequent episode. Rest assured, I am going to enjoy discussing all these little permutations of the fiction.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Zetsuen no Tempest 16

Yoshino being boss.

Great episode. Still as silly as ever.

Regarding the latter half of the episode,
is that an anime original stuff or does it happen later in the manga. Either way, it definitely does seem to work extremely well if what it seems is returning back to what was skipped in the manga from last episode.

I'm pretty sure it's original. They covered a fuckton of stuff last week and basically... nothing this week. lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just spoiler it. I'll promise that if you mark the title, I'll come back and read it later!

And I can see why it'd be difficult to discuss in isolation, especially I'm making all these assumptions after each subsequent episode. Rest assured, I am going to enjoy discussing all these little permutations of the fiction.
There are so many things Evangelion is (in)famous for I don't even wanna tempt fate. lol

iavi

I suppose you'll leave after this. :(

Nah, not in the same sense. The long-winded analyzations, you probably won't see from me, but I'll be around with the occasional blurt. There just came a point where I was seeing so many strings, I wasn't enjoying even good stuff anymore. That long break from both the thread and anime at large really hit the reset switch on that. It also hit the breaks on the suffer-watching.

Once it rains, it doesn't pour, but keeps trickling
until Gintama is over lol

Thanks for the love, man. Everybody. It actually does feel nice to be back in here, as much as I'll probably regret saying that a month or two from now after some overly extensive debate.

kayos90

13! I just realised the characters all annoyed me and the main plot bored me. Plus, I have other stuff in my plate that I'm enjoying a lot more, like Goldfish Warning!.

14 really gets the wheels greased up and 15 is go go go. If you really feel like watching it then that's cool. Just trying to convince you that I'm not deceiving you or anything. lol.

Metrotab

Banned
Samurai Champloo - 2

It's pretty weird to have this little sideplot so early on. Although it did introduce the Assassin, I guess.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Yeah, and Nono is the slender
Goddess of the Solar System, an ethereal high and mighty figure that watches for humanity's well being.
But that is her entrusted role, and after all... what we have in essence from her?
A righteous while at the same time scared of her own responsibilities person like any other put in that situation would be, that she affronts anyway. Trying to fulfill it in the best manner she could even insecure of herself, and ended completing her job leaving aside what she could have enjoyed on his desired normal life.

Now, and put like this, I don't see that much difference between the two! Their conviction opens the same pathways.

Nono was just emulating Noriko in her own way. Nono was boring because her strengths were almost entirely physical, while Noriko's power came not from any physical abilities, but from her dedication and resolve in light other shortcomings. She is far more relatable as a character because she is flawed. Remember, a good character is defined not just by their strengths but also by their weaknesses (ie; Batman's past, Edmond Dantès' naivety, Han Solo's arrogance). In many cases it's a character's weakness that can give them a sense of purpose - or get them in trouble. Both of which can provide a good reason for a character to evolve, or provide an inner conflict to overcome. As a machine with few flaws it was difficult to connect to Nono. She had little to sacrifice and her only real weakness was her stupidity (which is easily and instantaneously overcome when necessary). You could argue that one of her weaknesses was her longing for
Noriko's return,
but I think that's a stretch - it also doesn't do anything to help her character. And I'm not sure I would describe Nono as being slender either, since that is far too generous.... I think she was more stick-like. Hardly any sex appeal at all.

You lost me at "fully grown woman."

As it was stated earlier, Azunyan is 17 (and 18 in the manga now I believe). By most standards that is easily considered a young lady. From a medical perspective she is obviously post-menarche, and if seduced properly, Azunyan would be physically capable of giving you an evening filled with wonders. Of course she maintains her petite figure and youthful appearance, most likely due to genetics, so it would be impossible to blame anybody for wanting to impregnate her.

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 27

In which an allegedly main character dies a totally predictable, meaningless death and I am so utterly annoyed by it I almost quit the show. I mean, a good action sequence was also ruined by terrible characters with terrible designs riding in stupid mecha with horrible designs.

Also some plot stuff happened but who cares it doesn't matter this show is the pancreatic cancer of Gundam.

The more I watch it the less I ever want to touch a Level-5 game ever again.

Oh and the end of this episode rips off Cagalli and Athrun's scene from the end of Gundam SEED. So basically there is fuck all creativity involved in this show.

kayos90

Gundam AGE 27

In which an allegedly main character dies a totally predictable, meaningless death and I am so utterly annoyed by it I almost quit the show. I mean, a good action sequence was also ruined by terrible characters with terrible designs riding in stupid mecha with horrible designs.

Also some plot stuff happened but who cares it doesn't matter this show is the pancreatic cancer of Gundam.

The more I watch it the less I ever want to touch a Level-5 game ever again.

Wait. Who died? Is it
Wolfe?

Soma

Why would you actively seek out the work with less content?
Well if there's a big enough contrast between the two versions I could just check out the other at a later date. I assume the film holds up well enough on its own.

Wes

venison crêpe
I watched 5 Centimeters Per Second for the first time yesterday. It felt a little too wishy-washy for my tastes but the art was glorious. Can anyone suggest some other feature length films outside of Ghibli, in a similiar vein, that I should check out? Should I start by seeing other works by this director or look elsewhere?

CorvoSol

Wait. Who died? Is it
Wolfe?

That was last episode. This episode it was
the moechanic

Also, Flit is a horrible father. "Send the Diva into Earth's orbit."
"We're going to rescue the Gundam?"
"Yeah, I can't lose the AGE system."

Hahahaha worst human being ever.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
As it was stated earlier, Azunyan is 17 (and 18 in the manga now I believe). By most standards that is easily considered a young lady. From a medical perspective she is obviously post-menarche, and if seduced properly, Azunyan would be physically capable of giving you an evening filled with wonders. Of course she maintains her petite figure and youthful appearance, most likely due to genetics, so it would be impossible to blame anybody for wanting to impregnate her.
Goddammit Extollere you are gonna get us all banned. Stop Sexualising Precures should be changed into Stop Sexualising Keions just for you.

kayos90

That was last episode. This episode it was
the moechanic

Also, Flit is a horrible father. "Send the Diva into Earth's orbit."
"We're going to rescue the Gundam?"
"Yeah, I can't lose the AGE system."

Hahahaha worst human being ever.

Flit was pretty shit from where I last saw him.

BosSin

Have been watching Monster for the first time and its ramping up towards the end (episode 50).

I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far

Hanagai NEXT 04

The Black Dragon conquers all.

Episode was pretty fun. Besides all the relationship avoidance they are doing, it was a good time spent at the amusement park.
Also, the biggest nonmystery gets resolved!

Psycho Pass 15
tumblr_mhil1c1mTi1r92q67o2_500.gif

Shogo Makishima really still has the best lines, did chuckle a bit when he was talking about e books versus physical books and then to the feeling of physically touching and turning a page.

Really feels like the sort of episodes that would be like if this was episode 20 of the 22 episodes it has been given, after next week I wonder what bigger and fuller plot could there be.
Going after Sybil System directly seems like a huge end goal for him unless they can make this huge event last that long. Though when they finally reached the tower I couldn't help but imagine if there was some safety in place that would allow this main computer or access point and database to be mobile like in another popular anime. Anyway the tower seems like a callback to episode one stuff with kogami and shogo perhaps, I hope, as that has been my most anticipated moment of all. Am a bit frightened at the fate of say Kagari who is with Tsunemori and Kogami, what if he meets an unfortunate fate since they are outnumbered by the helmets folks and what not, though I guess they still have five of their six electric shock grenades remaining.Oh well hope no deaths

Anyway I guess it was good episode, even if it hovered close to the uncomfortable violence range.
gasoline on the students head to being burned, several beats with bats and other objects like hammers and shovels, beating grandma and grandpa

faridmon

I watched 5 Centimeters Per Second for the first time yesterday. It felt a little too wishy-washy for my tastes but the art was glorious. Can anyone suggest some other feature length films outside of Ghibli, in a similiar vein, that I should check out? Should I start by seeing other works by this director or look elsewhere?

The girl that leapt through Time

Metrotab

Banned
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S2 - 18

I just LOVED the part where they're all dramatically saying the name of their love interest, then it cuts to Setsuna and he goes super-dramatically
GUNDAM

That boy ain't right, I tell you what.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S2 - 18

I just LOVED the part where they're all dramatically saying the name of their love interest, then it cuts to Setsuna and he goes super-dramatically
GUNDAM

That boy ain't right, I tell you what.

He just loves gundams. Sexually too.

If you want to see some of his other work, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, and Voices of a Distant Star are some of his best. You might have same problem you had with 5cm Per second though.

Gundam AGE Episode 26 or "Understanding AGE"

So
Woolf died
. Oh and
Desil died too

Why do I feel cheated?

Is it because Flit didn't care whatsoever. Yes.

I'm understanding the hate for this show. It can only get worse in the next 3 episodes.

Crunchyroll has added Spike and Mike's Sick & Twisted Animation

Crunchyroll's catalog additions continue this week with a little something different. The latest to join the lineup is Spike and Mike's Sick & Twisted Animation, which includes the likes of Saga of Biorn and the award-winning Pigeon Impossible.

There are 11 shorts in total—featuring names ranging from Jack Black and Robin Williams to Pixar's John Lasseter—and they're all available now to users worldwide except Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom