• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nuOUykV.jpg

Okay, I am so watching this. xDDD

Jex

Not the worst rule of thumb...but when someone (Daryl Surat?) said that, I couldn't help but think about stuff like Break Blade and Eureka Seven.

Which just goes to show that those series needed better names for their mecha.

Quasar

Are you watching Da Capo III? I think it's been pretty average so far. The group dynamic in the first episode was great and I wish it would focus more on that instead of individual characters. But I understand why they do it that way.

Its the first Da Capo I've watched. I haven't minded it (well its been ok enough for me to not drop it unlike other shows). Seems a bit too slowly paced though. And I feel like there are too many characters to cover everything well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's not as hard to do as you think, you just need to find something you truly despise and then let it flow!
Guess it's just not in my nature to emotionally hate shows. Even my joke hate posts for SAO came off as half hearted because I was giggling on the inside.

Gintama - 122

The serch for Gin-chan analog stick continues. (笑)
Kaguura has Chuunibyou. (怒)
The return of
Fruits Punch Samurai
G. (桂) and
Fruits Chinpo Samurai
G!! (裸)
Iwata: (笑)
The legendary player M
adao, or "M" for Sa-chan
. (恐)
"The stat points between an online game and real life are inversely proportional." ;___;
At the end
Toushi and Sougo show up
...to be continued. (決)
Until now everyone got screwed in this arc. (笑)

Spring should provoke a lot more discussion. Attack on Titan alone should do that much, unless they pull a complete Magi.

Well, the director doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence.

But the source material is great and that trailer looked incredible, so I have high hopes right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are the 3 new specials for Otona Joshi no Anime Time still set for this March?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...debut-in-march
I hope Yoshida is writing all of them!

I think I'm going to follow kayos's lead and take a personal vacation.
Don't leave for too long!

I wish I could write hate posts as well as firehawk.
The hate must flow...

It's not as hard to do as you think, you just need to find something you truly despise and then let it flow!
Yeah. When something literally offends you, it's easy to shit all over it. In fact, it's so cathartic that I can understand why people watch things they hate. I assume Bill O'Reilly is still Fox's highest rated personality anyway. lol

Branduil

One Piece movie 6 - Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island

AKA what Mamoru Hosoda really thinks about Studio Ghibli and the people who work there.

This is apparently the sixth in the line of One Piece movies, but you really don't need to be familiar with the franchise or previous films to watch this. It's a standalone story, and another demonstration of Hosoda's visual storytelling skills, particularly as it pertains to dynamic characters and their relationships to one another. You know, I've been thinking about this, and I feel like Hosoda's animation has something of a western flavor to it at times. I mean, this movie even has a Frelong door gag straight from a Warner Brothers cartoon. In any case, the crew of One Piece is a natural fit for the director's cartoonish sensibilities.

I think I enjoyed this movie the second time around compared to the first. The dark turn the film takes seems more natural when you know what's coming, because the foreshadowing and thematic implications that are woven into the first half become more apparent. Of course, I also couldn't stop thinking about Ghibli the whole time.
The promise of a paradise that turns out to be hell; the bitter old man longing for the glory days, who revels in the pain of others; the hidden evil flower that absorbs the souls of all who visit the island; it's rather crazy stuff if you think about the implications.

As expected from a Hosoda film, the naturalistic backdrops are lovely and the animation is expressive. The only real visual flaws are some bad and distracting CGI work. And the art direction does a great job of matching the tonal shifts of the story. Ghibli will really regret letting him slip away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom