• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

My Wolf Children Blu-Ray finally showed up today from Amazon.co.jp.

iP1pN7tOa92r1.jpg

Not sure what to do with it, since I already saw the movie in theaters. I guess now I can watch it again whenever I want (I might do that, since it's so fucking good). Or I can listen to the audio commentaries.

Or maybe I'll take a different screencap of Yuki and get a new avatar.

Kazzy

I legit thought this dude was a girl for 70% of the movie

Oh, my...

Summer Wars

I enjoyed this a lot more the second time around. The metaplot is pretty liberally stolen from Hosoda's earlier Our War Game

This is what I always hear, and coupled with the screenshots that were being posted of that film just the other day, I'm really tempted to go and give that a watch.

Overall it's a fun movie that's well-told, even if the protagonist is far more forgettable than Makoto.

Agreed. But Makoto remains a favourite of mine, so it was always going to be a hard act to follow. Though, thinking back, I do only recall the plot elements of Summer Wars, rather than the characters themselves. Well, except the Grandma!

And what what you will about the UK market, but at least this and TGWLTT are perennially on offer.

Hmph! You people...

Branduil

tonight was one of those barnburner night.
it was a worknight of legendary proportions where fate decided to take a steaming megadump on me for the sheer twisted evil fucked up thrill of it.
it was as though a hundred clusters of a hundred fucks decided to reconcile their diferences as one entity under murphys law of every possible thing bad that can happen will not only happen but also laugh at you while fucking your sister.
so yeah its been a bad night.

itOjiLaYd4UPL.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Not sure what to do with it, since I already saw the movie in theaters. I guess now I can watch it again whenever I want (I might do that, since it's so fucking good). Or I can listen to the audio commentaries.

Or maybe I'll take a different screencap of Ame and get a new avatar.

I hope you used your Rising code because it's fully exposed bro.

I think I found the best visual scene in Wonzo-pass 18:

Hard to believe it's from the same show!

I thought the moment when they do the aerial view of the building at night looked good.

I legit thought this dude was a girl for 70% of the movie

Oh thank goodness, was afraid all the summer wars artworks I have of him were just genderbends and that he was really female in the movie. He was always the reason that would make me want to see it which I still need to do.

Jintor

Oh thank goodness, was afraid all the summer wars artworks I have of him were just genderbends and that he was really female in the movie. He was always the reason that would make me want to see it which I still need to do.

I know we're all different and stuff but man, DTL, you always march to the beat of your own drum.

Keep at it bro

zeroshiki

Or maybe I'll take a different screencap of Ame and get a new avatar.

Yuki > Hana > Grandpa > Sou >>>>>>> Him >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ame

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I don't mean how they're acting. I can suspend my disbelief for rude and obnoxious nuns or even ones that wield giant gatling guns. But once they imply they want a relationship, immersion broken!

Again... if this is how nuns are supposed to work... ;P

isnt there a nun in Black Lagoon that says fuck a lot?

Best nun. ;P

Yeah, Uematsu is a great composer and all but better than the likes of Mozart or Bach? No.

Articalys

I already did. No problem.

There's some more cute stuff inside the DVD.

On the front of the inner cover, there's an unexpected splash of English. The phrasing is a little unusual, but nothing to laugh at.

I also like the sketches on the back of the outer and inner covers, of Haru, her wolf lover, Ame, and Yuki.
SO JEALOUS
Anyway, those little wolf faces in the English logo are brilliant and really cute.

I wonder why they eventually decided to pull English subs from the JP release...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Lolita Anime 4
So, are you done? I don't know which other seminal hentai work you could review, other than Urotsukidoji...
Summer Wars

The metaplot is pretty liberally stolen from Hosoda's earlier Our War Game, and I still feel like Kenji and Natsuki's story gets lost to a certain degree as the plot escalates, but overall it's a successful blockbuster film about the importance of family, in the Japanese sense of the word.
Okay, but which movie is better?

You are not allowed to remain neutral on this issue. This is the internet.

BluWacky

On the front of the inner cover, there's an unexpected splash of English. The phrasing is a little unusual, but nothing to laugh at.

I think those come from the official subtitles, in fact! Those are the first lines of the film, aren't they?

I can't wait to see this again. Every time I think about it I remember the scene accompanied by this track and get a little bit misty eyed...

DiGiKerot

Yuki > Hana > Grandpa > Sou >>>>>>> Him >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ame

Comment overheard leaving the cinema in Edinburgh last year - "That was a great movie, but man, Ame is a dick". I was creased up in laughter for at least the next five minutes, but kind-of agree.

zeroshiki

Comment overheard leaving the cinema in Edinburgh last year - "That was a great movie, but man, Ame is a dick". I was creased up in laughter for at least the next five minutes, but kind-of agree.

Oh man I totally mixed up Ame and Yuki.

I meant Yuki. Yuki is awesome, which is why she's my current avatar.

I don't want to spoil anything but Ame was an asshole.

Yuki is awesome everyone agrees.

duckroll

I think those come from the official subtitles, in fact! Those are the first lines of the film, aren't they?

I can't wait to see this again. Every time I think about it I remember the scene accompanied by this track and get a little bit misty eyed...

Yes, those are definitely the opening lines in the film. I remember the same phrasing in the subs I saw in the cinema.

/showingoff

Articalys

I have no idea what this actually is, but it seems to be a four-year-long project finally come to fruition, seeing as the first promotional video was sold at Winter Comiket in 2008.
Game company Ankama began streaming episode 0 of the Iron Vendetta (Kōtetsu no Vendetta) military robot anime on the Niconico website. The anime had been on hiatus since August 2011.

The Ankama website also lists the characters and cast for the anime:

Ami Koshimizu as Rain Yashima
Rie Kugimiya as Flor
Aki Toyosaki as Marina Himeno
Kana Hanazawa as Kumi Wakabayashi
Kanae Itō as Naho Tsukioka
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Taiki Kisaragi
Takako Honda as Touko Kusakabe
Tomokazu Sugita as Hayato Nozawa
Toshiyuki Morikawa as Itsuki Takagi

miya at Thumbnail's official blog wrote that there might be a next installment, depending on the number of views the video receives. She also reveals that the story of Iron Vendetta has begun novelization, and that new chapters will be posted on the series' homepage periodically.

The project began as a series of self-published shorts by the unit Thumbnail, but the Japanese arm of the French company Ankama Games agreed to produce the anime. The project was halted in 2011 due to the dissolution of the production division of its sponsor Ankama Japan, leaving episode 0 unscheduled.
And the Nicovideo direct link:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1361514178

So is gundam AGE a good show or not? Is it at the very least well animated? I've seen some nice gifs and screenshots.
No it's NOT !

Gundam age is not a good show ..how many times does this have to be said !
There are small moments where the animation goes above average and reaches good ( some people here have made gifs of them ) but it's never properly made into the narrative and those moments are short to the extreme.

Gundam AgE is bad .. even if you're generous , the show ( overall ) cannot rise above 5/10
the pacing is so uneven , i was convinced for 2/3 of teh show that they were doing that on purpose...i was wrong ..

We need to issue a warning in the next OT , to prevent people from watching this thing ..

ROBOTICS;NOTES - 18

Aki route start !!

Robotics%3BNotes%20-%2018.jpg

Well you're right , except that she just did build one ...

Great episode , anyway we're now in the Aki route .... it's admirable how people's view can change for something ... that's popularity i guess. But seriously Even if the robot 's not popular , doesn't this kind of technology at least raise ( more )popular attention ?

Anyway , next week is revelation time . You guys have all the hints now to solve the mystery

So is gundam AGE a good show or not? Is it at the very least well animated? I've seen some nice gifs and screenshots.

Absolutely not. Bad characters and writing. There may be a couple of decent mech designs, but most are mediocre at best and by the end of the series it gets downright laughable.

This is without question the worst Gundam series.

SASAMI@ganbaranai - 07
10/10 (shaft scale) episode.

This arc drop wil a lot of char develloppement , some revelations and a delicious shaft sense of tension

Sasami-san%40Ganbaranai_-_07.jpg

Why a shaft headtilt ???

It's just like them to hype the least powerfull of the 3 for this encounter ( and that the encounter resolves in this manner ) when in fact she wasn't ..

This episode was trully excellent on all fronts

Theonik

Mirai Nikki 13
You know there was a reason why
he told him to hold the fucking door.
What a moron that guy is.
Mirai Nikki 14
Oh lawd.
dude is still a moron
what's going
oooooon more diary holders? aaaaaa
Poor Yuno. Yuuki sorta had it coming being the moron he is.
Still the whole thing is nuts. This won't end well.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It would appear that Aria is finally, finally on track for a Blu-ray release.

Fucking hell. There goes 600 bucks. :/

Wait, does that just mean just Aria The Animation or the entire Aria series? That's gonna be like 2 grand if they're going to do the whole thing. :p

Or as Japanese guy says: "きたああああああああああああああああああああああああ"

duckroll

Tamako Market - Episode 7

sYf4jIh.gif

That was pretty much the main thought going through my mind throughout the episode. The "plot" showing up and the extra sense of fanservice at the same time is a bit... unusual for Kyoto Animation. Still, it was a pretty enjoyable episode. I like Choi, and I definitely think it's about time that Dera got a foil character to play against him and put him in his place. It'll be interesting to see where the show goes in the second half, since it looks like the narrative shakeup is here to stay.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
THE INSPECTOR is kind of a badass subtitle for a mecha series. I still haven't touched the series because it'll only serve to make me want to play games that I'll never get to play ._.

BluWacky

Looks like the Utena shirts are only going on sale after the Ikuhara exhibition, though.

The caption on those shirts says "The sun also rises". I wish I understood the reference; I don't remember there being any particular significance to the sun, the East, or Ernest Hemingway novels in the series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom