• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ixion Saga DT 20
tumblr_miqol4w4fv1s3yp5vo1_500.png

The new ED has really good images and the episode more nearly nekkid Kon and other hilarious moments. Jugglaburk was not how I expected, wow but I liked when he got out the carriage.

End of the episode and the preview hypes me up
Incognito and Kon's crew teaming up for Alma Energy or something? Seems really awesome plot direction hope it works out well

yami4ct

Wait, just found out from that HxH article that new Gon is the daughter of the lady who played Lalah in the original MSG and her mom plays Mito in the new HxH as well. How freaking cool is that?

duckroll

Wait... Umakoshi worked on One Piece Film Z? Why did nobody tell me this?!

OMG I'M HYPED AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE ONE PIECE

Umakoshi worked on One Piece Film Strong World too. It's not a surprise. 7th was referring to the director of Z though, who is also the Heartcatch director.

yami4ct

In that thread, people FUCKING HATE ANIME THE WORST THING EVER EVERYONE WHO LIKES IT IS PEDO because they feel they have to.

It's always that way. Internet nerds have to pick on other internet nerds in hopes of proving themselves at least above someone on the social ladder.

Oh and, Regulus you, trying to steal my joy gif. Char Aznable Hunter x Hunter shall not be silenced!

THE UNLIMITED ETC ETC 08

I expected a worse ending to the flashback then that. :|

Eh, I guess at least we're going back to the main plot now.

Also, yet another new ED!

Metrotab

Banned
I did my contribution to that thread. Loved Recettear. The loli design only makes you wanna succeed harder so poor little Recette can pay off her debt.

jbug617

Banned
I finished the One Piece Vol 8 collection (Skypeia Arc and most of G-8). I really didn't like Skypeia and Alabasta. My favorite so far was probably Arlong Park.

yami4ct

Wait, 789, are you saying Skypeia isn't totally terrible? Because it is. That arc almost made me drop One Piece all together. It's so overlong and boring with some absolutely awful character designs. The fights outside of
the giant snake
weren't even that fun or creative.

Kurita

Space Brothers airs on Sunday morning! There's no way it isn't for children!

I honestly have no clue what demographic Space Brothers is aimed at.

Well, the manga is published in a Seinen magazine but everybody can enjoy it.

I'm listening to Space Brothers's second OST right now. It's fucking perfect.

yami4ct

Space Brothers airs on Sunday morning! There's no way it isn't for children!

I honestly have no clue what demographic Space Brothers is aimed at.

I always thought Space Brothers was a whole family show, like a Pixar movie. Kids love the inspirational messages and humor and adults like all that and the drama as well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I always thought Space Brothers was a whole family show, like a Pixar movie. Kids love the inspirational messages and humor and adults like all that and the drama as well.
I like Space Brothers because it reminds me of the time I dreamt of being an astronaut.

Then I started watching anime. :/

yami4ct

I like Space Brothers because it reminds me of the time I dreamt of being an astronaut.

Then I started watching anime. :/

Oh, I certainly think nostalgia is a big part of the appeal among adults as well. It certainly gets me. It can melt even the coldest hearts. It's so damn earnest.

And,yes, anime ruins lives. Confirmed. It is the worst, you know.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Space Brothers is targeted at people who've squandered their life's potential and yearn for a second chance at their dreams.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Space Brothers is targeted at people who've squandered their life's potential and yearn for a second chance at their dreams.

I stopped watching it because it made me depressed and feel like a failure. No joke.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam Final

So have I mentioned that the Geeong is the dumbest mobile suit in UC? Cuz it's dumb as heck looking. I love that 42 episodes into this show, Char barely remembers Amuro's name. Freaking hilarious. Worth noting is that Char's grief over Lalah is similar to Flit's over Yurin. Which of course is further evidence that Flit Asuno is the villain. Worst of all is that Char IS a villain and he's more heroic than Flit ever could hope to be.

DAMN FRAU GET A SIDEARM. Frau Bow gonna SHOOT SOME SUCKAS.

Oh, the Gundam lost its head, just like the Freedom does in SEED. So SEED is basically a retelling of MSG in every way. With a pink princess.

And then we have the duel I saw in the end of Gundam Wing. And now Seyla is a Newtype, and oh, crazy postmortal Lalah. AHahahaha, this guys voice actor just changed partway through the LAST EPISODE. Ahahaha.

So all in all, MSG has been a good, educational show. Not my top favorite show, but maybe because I've seen so many other Gundam shows or didn't see this as a kid. Whatever the case, it's a very good show, and I've enjoyed it. It wasn't outstanding, but considering the rank (Rah Xephon) and vile (Gundam AGE) out there, it's way ahead of the pack.

Which show comes next chronologically?

LegatoB

Mobile Suit Gundam Final

So have I mentioned that the Geeong is the dumbest mobile suit in UC? Cuz it's dumb as heck looking. I love that 42 episodes into this show, Char barely remembers Amuro's name. Freaking hilarious. Worth noting is that Char's grief over Lalah is similar to Flit's over Yurin. Which of course is further evidence that Flit Asuno is the villain. Worst of all is that Char IS a villain and he's more heroic than Flit ever could hope to be.

Oh, the Gundam lost its head, just like the Freedom does in SEED. So SEED is basically a retelling of MSG in every way. With a pink princess.

And then we have the duel I saw in the end of Gundam Wing. And now Seyla is a Newtype, and oh, crazy postmortal Lalah. AHahahaha, this guys voice actor just changed partway through the LAST EPISODE. Ahahaha.

So all in all, MSG has been a good, educational show. Not my top favorite show, but maybe because I've seen so many other Gundam shows or didn't see this as a kid. Whatever the case, it's a very good show, and I've enjoyed it. It wasn't outstanding, but considering the rank (Rah Xephon) and vile (Gundam AGE) out there, it's way ahead of the pack.

Zeta Gundam. I'm interested to see your reaction to some of the developments in it, seeing as how you've already experienced the bootleg version in AGE.

e: Oh, if you mean "chronologically" in the sense of "in-universe timelines" it's one of the roughly 3,000 spin-off OAVs, probably 0080 or 08th MS Team. But Zeta Gundam's much more interesting.

yami4ct

Mobile Suit Gundam Final

Chronologically, if you want OVAs in there, it goes 08th MS team(concurrent with MSG), 0080, 0083, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, Unicorn, than a huge time break so long it might as well be AU, F91 and Victory.

CorvoSol

Chronologically, if you want OVAs in there, it goes 08th MS team(concurrent with MSG), 0080, 0083, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, Unicorn, than a huge time break so long it might as well be AU, F91 and Victory.

08th MS team it is. I'll be asking this question several times, obviously.

Unicorn is the super well liked one, right?

yami4ct

08th MS team it is. I'll be asking this question several times, obviously.

Unicorn is the super well liked one, right?

All of them except ZZ and F91 to a lesser extent are super well liked. Char's Counterattack gets a mixed response. 08th MS team and Zeta are probably the mostly highly regarded.

Grzi

All of them except ZZ and F91 to a lesser extent are super well liked. Char's Counterattack gets a mixed response. 08th MS team and Zeta are probably the mostly highly regarded.

0080 is also highly regarded, as it should be.
0083 gets a mixed response but it looks so amazing that it has to be witnessed.
Zeta is the best.
08th MS Team is great too.

Maedhros

One Piece Film Z

Just got back from the movie. It was so fucking good. I enjoyed Strong World despite the somewhat weak script and the weakass overhyped villain mostly because of the animation and the art. But Z not only corrects all the problems I had with Strong World, but surpasses it in every single way. Great direction, amazing music, solid villain, outstanding cameos, and fight after fight after fight TO DIE FOR.

The difference between Z and Strong World is that while Strong World felt like an average filler-tier side story with movie-tier production values and a really great cinematic touch in the opening and ending set pieces, Z is a ONE PIECE MOVIE from start to end. There are no leisurely scenes of the crew getting to a village in a new island and just chilling, and there's a lot less of the usual slow build up to a single climatic fight. Instead the entire movie is high kinetic action and major dramatic beats bridged by scene after scene of stuff which any One Piece fan would love to see.

Instead of introducing completely new characters and framing a film around the main characters interacting with them, this movie creates a very compelling original character, and then frames the movie around both Luffy's crew and all the Marine characters reacting to this character as a major event. It makes it much more exciting, and the stakes feel great.

I enjoyed the story, was blown away by the art and animation, and the direction is fucking amazing. The action in particular is really exciting and thrilling to way. Everything feels so fast, and yet there's tons of impact. The ending was pretty surprising too. I didn't expect it, but it was done really well. If Oda is going to keep improving on each movie he produces, I can't fucking wait for the next one.

Animation - AA+
Music - A+
Direction - AAA+
Story - A+
Overall - One Piece Anime of the Forever

Niiice... niiice.

Now the wait for August will be even harder...

Maedhros

Funny as hell that everyone went here "I'll not touch that thread with a 1 meter pole" and now everyone from anime/manga gaf is posting there... you guys are pretty weak.

CorvoSol

Record of Lodoss War 9

So in this one, King Kasshu goes on a Dragon Quest and ditches Parn. The second half of RoLW is all about dragons, not unlike the second disc of Chrono Cross. The difference is that the 2nd half of RoLW makes sense and there isn't a wiki full of crazies with half-baked theories about what REALLY happened.

Orson Scott Card the Berserker and Ginger McDon'trememberhername join the party, and Deed gets kidnapped by the Dark Elf chick for like, a minute. Apparently in Lodoss Dark Elves are peasants, and High Elves are well, royalty. Which is somewhat racist, but never mentioned again.

We also learn that the dragon slain at the beginning of the show was a low level dragon, but rest assured that Shooting Star and Kardis are top tier dragons. Yes, Charizard and Hydreigon are awesome sauce.

Articalys

At long last, a new Glass Mask anime!
Suzue Miuchi's Glass Mask shōjo romance manga is getting a gag anime adaptation starting this April. DLE Inc. (Thermae Romae, Himitsu Kessha Taka no Tsume Neo) is producing the Glass no Kamen Desu ga (It's Glass Mask But) television anime series.

The anime will re-imagine the story with the characters Maya Kitajima and her rival Ayumi Himekawa being "yankee" girls who both aspire to be the leader of the "Crimson Goddess" gang. The series of three-minute shorts will air on BS12 on Sundays starting on on April 7. The show will have a total of 17 episodes. Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web is currently hosting character designs for the show.

Syrinx

I wouldn't really even know how to go about posting in a thread like that even if I wanted to because nobody can agree on the definitions of anything and it seems like everybody is completely different pages talking about completely different things...where do you even start?

OceanBlue

Funny as hell that everyone went here "I'll not touch that thread with a 1 meter pole" and now everyone from anime/manga gaf is posting there... you guys are pretty weak.

I'm genuinely interested in discussing things like whether games like Disgaea would be nearly as successful without the anime attached to it! I personally think that the amount of sales you would gain by making non-niche game would not offset the sales you would lose by abandoning your niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom