• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, that reminds me. With my massive folder of categorized images, and my discerningly good taste, I could (and should) probably put together a nice 100+ "best of" Minus gallery or something... Well, maybe some day.

My Strike Witches folder is almost 3000 images with minimal repeats. That alone would be a challenge for a "best of".

Jintor

How do you even maintain a folder system? I need some kind of tagging system to work most efficiently.

Ya'll be pedophiles. I only like manly stuff like Gears of War and FOOOOOTBAAAAALLLLLL!!!

jgminto
Buttocks unclenched.
Now fill me in.

(Today, 10:30 AM)

CorvoSol

GaoGaiGar 3

Don't look directly at it, or you will probably die. Not a bad episode. I'm treating this show like a Saturday Morning cartoon, so I expect nothing AMAZING for a little while. Plus I'm kinda thinking ten episodes is the time it takes for a mecha show to hit its stride.

How do you even maintain a folder system? I need some kind of tagging system to work most efficiently.

It's actually quite simple. Though I only organize it when I'm extremely bored.

9nH8Po3.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
*Magi page*
Don't tell me that's from the actual manga??

It could just be a rerun.
RIP US TV syndication. :(

Anything with delinquents (esp. female delinquents) I love.

Btw, does Yankee-kun to Megane-chan have an North American english manga release? I know it's got a Singaporean english release but that doesn't help me very much.

Weird that it got a drama instead of an anime.
I want to imagine that every sentence ends with "la". lol

And honestly, it looks like if a book is popular with girls, it's more likely to get a live action adaptation because they can put pretty boy idols on screen and sell merch that much easily.

It's like the parallel tract that a manga can take. Either you go to the hardcore otaku route or the mainstream idol route.

Of course the real problem with the live action is that the second half is basically all made up stuff and the ending has to be shoehorned in by virtue of the need to properly end the series.

Anything with delinquents (esp. female delinquents) I love.

Btw, does Yankee-kun to Megane-chan have an North American english manga release? I know it's got a Singaporean english release but that doesn't help me very much.

Weird that it got a drama instead of an anime.

Nope, never licensed in America.

It's definitely weird how it never got an anime adaptation either.

Narag

Mobile Suit Gundam Final

So have I mentioned that the Geeong is the dumbest mobile suit in UC? Cuz it's dumb as heck looking. I love that 42 episodes into this show, Char barely remembers Amuro's name. Freaking hilarious. Worth noting is that Char's grief over Lalah is similar to Flit's over Yurin. Which of course is further evidence that Flit Asuno is the villain. Worst of all is that Char IS a villain and he's more heroic than Flit ever could hope to be.

Imagine Flit more as Amuro who doesn't internalize things and doesn't have Char to direct his anger at so instead he decides to wipe out all of Zeon.

GaoGaiGar 3

Don't look directly at it, or you will probably die. Not a bad episode. I'm treating this show like a Saturday Morning cartoon, so I expect nothing AMAZING for a little while. Plus I'm kinda thinking ten episodes is the time it takes for a mecha show to hit its stride.

Think it's monster of the week till late teens/early twenties. Worth it though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If it's 2025 one of them could be the boy all grown up if he hasn't already committed suicide with a cult.

Metrotab

Banned
OreImo (rewatch) - 10

Always been one of my favourite episodes. The cosplay contest is a pretty great moment in the show. Also some jabs at idols personality differences on-screen and off-screen.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I started tagging some images but gave up after a while since I have too much/I never remember most of the tags HA HA. I just remember where most stuff is and for images you have thumbnails for easy recognition.

OceanBlue

I wish it translated well into the anime.

I'm not watching Magi anymore. Does it not translate well because the scenes aren't handled well, or do you think it's just something that will never work in anime?

Edit: I'm referring to Magi's deformed, chibi-esque scenes, not chibi art in general.

Narag

I'm not watching Magi anymore. Does it not translate well because the scenes aren't handled well, or do you think it's just something that will never work in anime?

Edit: I'm referring to Magi's deformed, chibi-esque scenes, not chibi art in general.

Just really out of place given how far off the art is from the norm and how infrequently its used.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hey guys, first time posting here, (just got my account approved YAY lol) so I've been wondering, what's the "must see" anime of the season? I'm kind of out of date lol.
None, this season is shite. You are better off watching old anime.
Based on what I know of Suite, I'm just assuming character relationships to be stuck in the same mode forever. Or at least until they start adding new members. lol
When you assume you make an ass out of you and me. But mostly you.
Partly. There was also the Penguindrum anti-hype.
Utena is a much more coherent and better put out show. There are valid reasons to not like it, but "it's too old" is an argument I will never partake in.
Just watch the last episode of each series!
Dude, I watched the filler in Nadia. Surely I can stomach two hundred episodes of stock footage.
Between that idol episode and that dying girl episode, I feel like I have it covered. lol
Between this post and mono no aware, I feel like I've covered everything you have to say. lol
Oh snap!

Ultimadrago

GaoGaiGar 3

It seems that way from what I've watched thus far. It only feeds my appreciation for mech OVA over TV series. It'd be nice if the introduction episodes on a whole were better.

It's actually quite simple. Though I only organize it when I'm extremely bored.

That's quite a few folders for a singles gallery. Character-specific too? Dang.

Narag

It seems that way from what I've watched thus far. It only feeds my appreciation for mech OVA over series. It'd be nice if the introduction episodes on a whole were better.

You should watch more 80s mecha OVAs. It's the only way to lure emmanuelmunoz back.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When you assume you make an ass out of you and me. But mostly you.
Well, I'll never know. lol

Utena is a much more coherent and better put out show. There are valid reasons to not like it, but "it's too old" is an argument I will never partake in.
By old I mean I don't want to watch the 26 episodes I have left (and own on DVD). I realized I can't watch TV like that anymore, unless it's something I've already seen and can half-watch.

For me, by that measure, a show from last season is "old". It's why it took ages for me to get to Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad anyway.

To be fair, it'd be pretty hard to tell the difference with the anime anyway given how shit it looks most of the time.
Jeez. lol

CorvoSol

Imagine Flit more as Amuro who doesn't internalize things and doesn't have Char to direct his anger at so instead he decides to wipe out all of Zeon.

Think it's monster of the week till late teens/early twenties. Worth it though.

The only character Flit really resembles is Ghirin Zabi, though. I mean, I guess if instead of slapping Amuro, Bright had bent down and sucked him off, I could see how Amuro would be like Flit, but Flit is frankly too evil to be compared to Amuro.

Narag

Gundam AGE 46

So it occurred to me the reason Zeheart did lost the mask when he accepted his new role was yet another bit of borrowing from UC stuff, this time Char in Char's Counterattack.

Bad ep aside from anything involving Kio.

Moonlight

Banned
Hey guys, first time posting here, (just got my account approved YAY lol) so I've been wondering, what's the "must see" anime of the season? I'm kind of out of date lol.
You should catch Tamako Market, although it's generally agreed upon this is a pretty slow season. Your options broaden a bit if you include shows on their second cour, in which case you can include Shin Sekai Yori and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Regardless, if you have a backlog, you should use these couple months to try and catch up on it.

Metrotab

Banned
Hataraki Man - 8

This was a really, really good episode. The fanfare playing at the party at the end may be a bit baroque, but the scene was great nonetheless.

Didn't really care about the character though, but he was not annoying so he didn't bother the episode neither.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is firehawk we're talking about, who refused to watch Mad Men because he assumed it didn't deal with issues of racism in the 60s despite the fact that it does. Aphorisms have no effect on him :p
Well, yeah. It's why I won't watch Downton Abbey either. I already get my middle class white people soap opera angst on Game of Thrones, I don't need more of it. :p

Narag

The only character Flit really resembles is Ghirin Zabi, though. I mean, I guess if instead of slapping Amuro, Bright had bent down and sucked him off, I could see how Amuro would be like Flit, but Flit is frankly too evil to be compared to Amuro.

Yurin/Lalah stuff was the point of divergence. You'll see a lot more about how this affected Char & Amuro when you watch Zeta and Char's Counterattack. I initially made the "carrying that shit with him forever" joke about Flit because of those two anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What should I watch next; Kare Kano or Special A?
I don't know anything about Kare Kano, but I would avoid Special A. Unless you like the infuriating shoujo trope where the girl is awesome but is still somehow constantly trumped by the man who is the ultimate object of her affection.

Gundam AGE 46

So it occurred to me the reason Zeheart did lost the mask when he accepted his new role was yet another bit of borrowing from UC stuff, this time Char in Char's Counterattack.

Bad ep aside from anything involving Kio.

I didn't notice the Char's Counterattack borrowing actually! I thought it was just Zeheart just getting sick of limiting his X-Rounder powers.

CorvoSol

Yurin/Lalah stuff was the point of divergence. You'll see a lot more about how this affected Char & Amuro when you watch Zeta and Char's Counterattack. I initially made the "carrying that shit with him forever" joke about Flit because of those two anime.

At least Char knew Lalah, though. Flit met Yurin twice and hated his wife of 60 years forever because of it.

Flit Asuno is the most evil villain in Gundam history. The final episode of Gundam AGE really cements it.

Narag

I didn't notice the Char's Counterattack borrowing actually! I thought it was just Zeheart just getting sick of limiting his X-Rounder powers.

Could be I'm just reading too much into it but it seemed to coincide with events too closely to not make sense.

Flit Asuno is the most evil villain in Gundam history. The final episode of Gundam AGE really cements it.

Oh i'm looking forward to that.

Shergal

Usagi Drop 3-3.5

zurakousagidrop03v2bd72.jpg

The ending song is growing on me.

The great thing about this show is that it doesn't go out of its way to present some unneeded DORAMA or any contrived situation of any sort; it's pure iyashikei, of the good kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom