• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

But this entire arc makes the xeheart character totally void.
Of course nobody cares , when the character carefully picked the choices leading to the bad end.

There should have been a GAME OVER screen prompting xeheart to choose an earlier save and pick different choice:
-Was listening to ezelcant a wise choice ?
-Was pursuing Exa-db a priority ?
-Shouldn't you have cast off your feeligns toward asemu from the start and disposed of him once your first job done ?
-Should you have let the 2 team of elites across 2 freaking arcs die because they were too stupid to understand the treat in front of them ?
And the list goes on . I've barely started.. Xeheart could have made countless different choices during the 3 arcs Yet choose poorly EVERY FREAKING TIME and was backed up only by Ezelcant crazy plan.

Honestly thought Zeheart was going to die involving something Kio & Asemu but hey, didn't happen. He did deserve some sort of redemption but I guess that breakdown is something I should have seen coming given his insistence on maintaining the welfare of his comrades up until the point he starts to willingly sacrifice them. Also his poor choices seemed mostly story related such that Asemu would be influenced to follow the neutral path, unwilling to commit to either side as he did. That fit nicely in-between Kio's "Save 'em all" and Flit's "Kill 'em all" philosophies. In the end, he's just another mishandled character used as he was for the sake of the main trio.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Goldfish Warning!] 32
0FWbuiO.jpg
YyaCALE.jpg
The dangers of idol culture. I like the stealth animator hiring advertisement.
MILF
.______.

Branduil

I guess I never gave it any thought before but Hyouka surprised me with the camerawork. Like, I never noticed that anime almost never have moving cameras and Hyouka has 1 right in the first episode. KyoAni really brought out the big guns for this series.

Hyouka has some of the best "photography" of any animated work I've seen.

I'm usually the first to complain about CG and I did cringe when I saw that in this ep but I'll give it a pass because it was done quite well and didn't detract but actually improved the scene overall.

CGI works best for backgrounds. Also, they animated Chitanda on ones to match the camera movement, so she doesn't look out of place.

Gundam AGE 49

Flit redeemed.
He finally had his chance to exterminate the Vagan but avoided it due to the only two people that could actually reach him, the son he thought he lost and the grandson he was afraid he'd lose.
Last boss was pretty dumb but damn if I didn't enjoy this show. Shame so much was halfassed for the sake of the primary struggle of the Asuno family but I was satisifed that was followed through to completion. Vagan war stuff I couldn't care less about aside from Zeheart which leaves me under the impression I was watching this for different reasons than most. I'll get to that later, I think.

Saving Second Moon was so Axis/CCA too. :lol

What a positive way to see those events..So suddenly he listenned to his familly for once ?Lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
what did you use to learn it? classes? books?

I'm taking classes.

I'm also currently trying to play a Japanese copy of Pokémon while reading every conversation and whatnot, haha. Pokémon taught me English back then, after all.

Branduil

If the style isn't already obvious, I should probably note that the character roughs for Necrodiver all have ABe's name on them. It's pretty amazing how the show had people like ABe and Sushio working on it, and still turned out the way it did. Lol.

Looks like ABe wisely made sure his name wasn't attached to the final product.

Branduil

Wow, this actually looks pretty good.
I was disappointed with Children Who Chase Lost Voices so I'm glad he's back to making realistic love stories. I like the shading style shown in the trailer too, he's spicing his visual game up, not bad.

Feet are the new clouds.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Hataraki Man] 08

Dat goddamn song never fails to hype me up.
Hataraki Man 8

The best thing about this episode was
seeing Chiba's efforts pay off spectacularly, so much so that he's brought to tears when the author comes and thanks him for all his hard work. I certainly wasn't expecting something so heartwarming as the ending scene.
The best thing about this episode was the Sambomaster song, but that's nothing to be ashamed of! It was indeed a great episode.

Kingdom 38 (end)
tumblr_mit559AOUx1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really fantastic end to this season, so many good feelings second half and what not and succession is such a great name for the episode. So cant wait for season 2
and to see how Xin went from 100 to now 300 and what other things changed post war. Wang Yi's battle scene and escape, the moment of Xin on the horse, and Tenge/Meng Wu destroying enemies left and right was so fantastic and just really emotionally moving how everyone was rallying together with new energy to escape from there and then just all their words. Wang Yi will forever live on and was such a great general this whole second half, really a hero indeed.

Such a fun and intense anime and made me a fan of the time period for this. Following Xin and all his antics and the characters rallied around him and go from cry baby to fantastic leader maturing through the months was definitely a great ride to endure. The mix of war strategy, friendship and team work, a few mind games now and then, interesting personalities, and crazy moves and such made it one of the most anticipated anime Ive followed for the past year. Its a shame that the visual style really turns people off as its is really one of the better stories around and has an excellent mix of drama and suspense.

The music was also really well done, Pride via Nothing Carved in stone was a memorable OP, and the ending themes Voice of Soul and Never Ending Soul was perfectly used during its arc and even in the final episode.

Hopefully Funimation does pursue the disc rights in a reasonable amount of time, thought based on their schedules and delays, perhaps it will be out by 2015, and if they could get season 2.

Just watched FMA Brotherhood 19 I am so glad I listened and began watching again. So many characters die in FMA Brotherhood, but it's an amazing story altogether. Is it just me, or the Homunculus
Can only be killed by fire? Greed was burned up and so was Lust... if she died, that is

Wing is really bad about borrowing too. I remember when I finally saw Zeta long after Wing and was floored by the Mariemaia Khushrenada/Mineva Zabi parallel. :lol For some reason, I'm thinking it was more just 0079/Zeta borrowed rather than anything after but it's been too long to say for certain.

It's been over a decade since I watched that shit, but IIRC Wing was pretty much the whole story from MSG through Char's Counterattack condensed down into a single series with a bunch of shitty characters no one like spouting fake philosophical bullshit that made no sort of sense and without any of the emotional weight from the originals.

Okay, I can't remember if they actually took anything from ZZ or not. Moon Moon would be an improvement over most of Wing, though.

It's the moment the entire show was building toward!

i'm now convinced that we didn't see the same show.
The last part felt like a retcon. there was absolutly No evidence what so ever in the show indicating that flit
would change his ways
. Even when multiple people across all 3 gens told him that he either:
-was made right by a sudden UE attack
-brushed it off
-killed that person ( or that person was killed by vagan , makin him ranpage for a couple of years ) and told the world how vagans are evil .

At no point, ever did he even try to listen .. and everyone in the various casts has tried to except his daughter and wife .

There was no build-up , just another nonsense moment from the writter that decided that he needed to end like a hero( when he is not )
I am dead.

But you're happy .. so it doesn't matter

Narag

It's been over a decade since I watched that shit, but IIRC Wing was pretty much the whole story from MSG through Char's Counterattack condensed down into a single series with a bunch of shitty characters no one like spouting fake philosophical bullshit that made no sort of sense and without any of the emotional weight from the originals.

Okay, I can't remember if they actually took anything from ZZ or not. Moon Moon would be an improvement over most of Wing, though.

something something total pacifism. I was thinking after that post how the last episode with the Libra threatening to hit Earth was evocative of Axis so yeah, I'd say you're right.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just watched FMA Brotherhood 19 I am so glad I listened and began watching again. So many characters die in FMA Brotherhood, but it's an amazing story altogether. Is it just me, or the Homunculus
Can only be killed by fire? Greed was burned up and so was Lust... if she died, that is
You know, I honestly don't remember if there was a condition on that actually.

zeroshiki

Didn't the Libra get defeated by using some awful godhax bullshit that not even Code Geass or Gundam SEED Destiny had the balls to use?

love live 8

grow to like president. that dignity and boobs. dignified boobs.

The cg dancing isn't bad, but it could use more frames, and the faces are weird, I just watch the thighs though.

There are music videos?

Narag

Didn't the Libra get defeated by using some awful godhax bullshit that not even Code Geass or Gundam SEED Destiny had the balls to use?

I just remember Zechs & Heero trying to destroy it from within, Zechs being thought dead in the explosion, and Heero finishing off the last chunk falling towards Earth. I like (liked?) Wing but I always fought series fatigue by then. :lol

zeroshiki

I just remember Zechs & Heero trying to destroy it from within, Zechs being thought dead in the explosion, and Heero finishing off the last chunk falling towards Earth. I like (liked?) Wing but I always fought series fatigue by then. :lol

Heero sliced through it with a beam saber.

Narag

i'm now convinced that we didn't see the same show.
The last part felt like a retcon. there was absolutly No evidence what so ever in the show indicating that flit would change his ways. Even when multiple people across all 3 gens told him that he either:
-was made right by a sudden UE attack
-brushed it off
-killed that person ( or that person was killed by vagan , makin him ranpage for a couple of years ) and told the world how vagans are evil .

At no point, ever did he even try to listen .. and everyone in the various casts has tried to except his daughter and wife.

It didn't really manifest until Kio's arc.
The first sign I saw of him easing up was when Kio was captured and his first words were about Kio rather than the AGE-3. Had that been in the second arc, it'd been AGE-2 first, Asemu never. He was also caught off-guard by the reappearance of Asemu and how he alienated his son to the point Asemu had been fine spending the last 13 years letting Flit think he was dead. Thought it culminated when Kio finally told Flit what everyone had been thinking but had been afraid to say: You're no savior. That's when Flit looked at his reflection in the ship's window and we saw young Flit reflected back. Guy was trying to play hero since he was a kid, never really moved on from that, and only realized the cost of his ambition when he was an old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom