• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't really manifest until Kio's arc.
The first sign I saw of him easing up was when Kio was captured and his first words were about Kio rather than the AGE-3. Had that been in the second arc, it'd been AGE-2 first, Asemu never. He was also caught off-guard by the reappearance of Asemu and how he alienated his son to the point Asemu had been fine spending the last 13 years letting Flit think he was dead. Thought it culminated when Kio finally told Flit what everyone had been thinking but had been afraid to say: You're no savior. That's when Flit looked at his reflection in the ship's window and we saw young Flit reflected back. Guy was trying to play hero since he was a kid, never really moved on from that, and only realized the cost of his ambition when he was an old man.

It was more of a man realising his usefullness than a change of heart ..especially since he couldn't use kio anymore. Asemu did all the job there and flit came back to his regular attitude once kio came back only to face more rejection from him.
For proof , after kio came back , he was still spouting the same crap than before .There was no change at all , or the foreshadowing was light as possible

For the rest i agree , he was no saviour and he realised that way too late.

Moonlight

Banned
The Idolm@ster Episode 17

7lWkFyT.jpg

Tiny hats are old news, bring on oversized hats.

I hope that this trend of alternating poor episodes to good episodes comes to an end quickly - it's gonna give me whiplash at some point. After the exceptionally mediocre last episode, this episode has more or less refreshed my interest in the series again. In so much less words, this episode was quite great, not nearly as entertaining as episode 15, but probably the strongest character-centric episode that the show has had in quite a while. A lot of great moments with regards to Makoto and some great pacing.

It helps that Kuroi and Jupiter were in this episode only to trash talk. Although the more Kuroi talks the less sympathy I have for Jupiter. They're not even being deceived that much, it's not like Kuroi put up any sort of front while he was around them and the producer. He gets right into insulting their production studio and maniacal laughing and it's fucking astonishing how much they buy his ranting about 765 when Kuroi comes across as an absolute lunatic in literally every scene he's in. The best thing that they did for this episode was not get too involved.

Felt pretty bad getting another episode 8-esque Makoto fight sequence teased only for
the producer to totally cockblock it
, though.

As an aside, it's almost remarkable that I'm sure there's been at least twenty insert songs in this show thus far and I could count on one hand the number of them that could be considered arguably good.

It honestly gets harder and harder for me to rationalize why exactly I like this show the more I watch it. At least, beyond vague descriptors like 'it's fun' and yet more reminders that, yes, the production quality is quite above par. I come in trying to be particularly critical of this show and then stuff like this happens and suddenly I realize I am infinitely easier to please than I'd prefer to believe.

S Tier
Makoto
Chihaya (sorry)

A+ Tier
Haruka
Azusa

B Tier
Takane
Hibiki

B- Tier
Iori

C Tier
Miki

D Tier
Ami and Mami
Yayoi

F Tier
Yukiho

Please Fuck Off Tier
Jupiter

Might take a short break from this show, catch up on the last three or four episodes of Tamako Market.

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 49

Flit redeemed.
He finally had his chance to exterminate the Vagan but avoided it due to the only two people that could actually reach him, the son he thought he lost and the grandson he was afraid he'd lose.
Last boss was pretty dumb but damn if I didn't enjoy this show. Shame so much was halfassed for the sake of the primary struggle of the Asuno family but I was satisifed that was followed through to completion. Vagan war stuff I couldn't care less about aside from Zeheart which leaves me under the impression I was watching this for different reasons than most. I'll get to that later, I think.

Saving Second Moon was so Axis/CCA too. :lol

Flit tried to kill an entire group of people and would have, too, had it not been for
YURIN, NOT EVEN HIS FAMILY
. Flit's a monster.

Narag

It was more of a man realising his usefullness than a change of heart ..especially since he couldn't use kio anymore. Asemu did all the job there and flit came back to his regular attitude once kio came back only to face more rejection from him.
For proof , after kio came back , he was still spouting the same crap than before .There was no change at all , or the foreshadowing was light as possible

For the rest i agree , he was no saviour and he realised that way too late.

He never had to actually choose until that moment though, no one had ever stood in his way!

The show was sort of weird with the light foreshadowing stuff now that you mention it. Something that's stuck in my mind since I saw it was back in the first ep of the second arc when Asemu is given the AGE device. Emily just glances at Flit then looks utterly dejected as if she never wanted that life for Asemu but even before that there's first arc where she's told if she wanted to be with Flit, she'd have to risk everything she had so long as he was fighting and risking everything he had so she doesn't say a damn word when he hands it over to Asemu.

Flit tried to kill an entire group of people and would have, too, had it not been for
YURIN, NOT EVEN HIS FAMILY
. Flit's a monster.

His family is the only reason he listened to Yurin. All she did was affirm he didn't need to keep going down that road.

Milamber

I wonder what would happen if I dropped a fan art in that thread? Thread-derail.. multi-quotes... insta-ban??
Drop some "Negima vampire loli" there and say that she's 500 years old.

love live 8

grow to like president. that dignity and boobs. dignified boobs.

The cg dancing isn't bad, but it could use more frames, and the faces are weird, I just watch the thighs though.

There are music videos?
Oh yeah!

Narag

I think the buster rifle was at the end but he did major damage with the beam saber. Its been 15 years so my memory might be hazy but I remember thinking wtf when I saw it.

I hate you for driving me to rewatch that last ep. Beam saber stuff mght be before this one if he was attacking Libra directly but there is a dumb part where Trowa, Duo, Quatre, and the Maganac Corps are hacking away at the falling section of Libra from the inside that pisses me off now that I'm reminded about it.

Since I made such a noble sacrifice though, I'll take this opportunity to share the best part of OP2:

zeroshiki

I think we are all in agreement that a Gundam taking on the Libra would be about as dumb as a massive Imperial battleship were taken down by 1 X-Wing.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit ep 83 (Eng dub)
tumblr_mit8pabRbb1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mit8pabRbb1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Guess his name was Daigo, guest character from the Live Action Cardfight!! Vanguard movie or something. Kind of curious to see it as he is such an awesome and wonderful character. He is using Royal Paladins so there was nothing much to say on that, but I did like the opponents deck, Leon easily has the second deck Id want after Nova Grappler type one. The Aquaforce has such good cards and really good names, Officer Cadet of the First Battle, Medical Officer of the Rainbow Elixir, etc.

Kagami

I read a thread where Aeana was scolding people for telling someone who wanted to start studying Japanese because he wanted to play Bravely Default that it was impossible.

It is though.

You're not really gonna learn any language overnight and as we get older, our language learning abilities get worse. If you don't have the proper motivation, you're not really gonna pick up enough Japanese to play an RPG or watch anime. Unless you're the biggest weaboo in existence, that really isn't enough motivation to spend the hundreds of hours it would take to learn vocabulary, grammar and the kanji.

I'm going to side with Aeana.
Here's a relevant post:
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1540026&postcount=35

CorvoSol

]

His family is the only reason he listened to Yurin. All she did was affirm he didn't need to keep going down that road.

Not even. He was obsessed with Yurin to an unhealthy degree. Flit HATED Emily, and he HATED being a grown up, no matter how much he loved the power. Did you not see how when Kio called him out on his crap, Flit imagined himself as a kid?

Clearly, in Flit's head he still was that kid, and was obviously waiting for Yurin (he never even talks about Emily. As a matter of fact I'm hard pressed to think of a time where HE SAYS HER NAME outside arc 1). Woman was his wife for several decades and neither she, nor Kio, nor Asemu stops him from his plan. He was perfectly prepared to sacrifice all of them until Yurin steps in. This is FLIT. His catchphrase is "No matter what" as in "I will kill the Vagan with this nuclear missile, no matter what." As in "Even if my grandson steps in the way."

That the show absolves Flit of his crimes, when he's gone as far in evil as Azrael Muruta, Patrick Zala, and Rau Le Creuset combined proves how off his rocker Hino was.

Flit is pure evil, and his motive for not blowing up the Vagan is as messed up as the rest of his crimes, I mean actions.

Articalys

SHAFT ALERT
The editors of Takarajima's men's fashion magazine Smart reported on Tuesday that they made an error in its April issue. Its feature on Puella Magi Madoka Magica listed Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Hangyaku no Monogatari as opening this summer. The editors say that the feature should have said that the third Madoka Magica film is "scheduled to open in 2013."
So there's still no guaranteed timeframe yet beyond "this year."

lolololololol

zeroshiki

I'm going to side with Aeana.
Here's a relevant post:
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1540026&postcount=35

I don't see how the link invalidates anything I said.

He was weaboo enough to be motivated to study. Hooray for him. The vast majority of people think otherwise and alot of the time, they think that Japanese is something they pick up on their off time just so they can play a video game or something without realizing the vast depths you'd need to plumb to study a language.

Really, if Bravely Default is enough motivation for you then more power to you. You're in the 0.01% of people who can clearly devote their lives in the dogged pursuit of a goal. You should take up astrophysics on the side.

Narag

Clearly, in Flit's head he still was that kid, and was obviously waiting for Yurin (he never even talks about Emily. As a matter of fact I'm hard pressed to think of a time where HE SAYS HER NAME outside arc 1). Woman was his wife for several decades and neither she, nor Kio, nor Asemu stops him from his plan. He was perfectly prepared to sacrifice all of them until Yurin steps in. This is FLIT. His catchphrase is "No matter what" as in "I will kill the Vagan with this nuclear missile, no matter what." As in "Even if my grandson steps in the way."

He closed himself off to Yurin after her death instead embracing the role of future savior, so wrapped up in his revenge plan that she wasn't going to be able to reach him even if she tried. If he was as batshit as you imply, he would have just fired when Kio was in the way. Instead he chooses to bargain with his grandson because he doesn't want to see Kio come to any harm. While doing so, he finally listens to his son and grandson who plead their case to him, forcing him to finally reconsider the one irrefutable fact he's based his entire life around: all Vagan are evil and deserve to die. Kio & Asemu are the ones to talk him down.

Before Yurin even appears, he's questioning his actions for the first time in his life and finally admits to himself that the Vagan people are suffering. She tells him it's fine, it's okay, forgive them and forgive yourself. Even after that, he's still bargaining with himself under the notion they're all about to die anyhow so why stop now. Kio and Asemu present the alternate path to him.

I do agree about the absolution after the fact though as that's sort of hand waving the shit he pulled as protecting Earth thus far without any regard to his motives in an irritating "means to an end' manner.

Guess I should add
I think if he had a chance to kill the Vagan by shooting a nuke through Asemu in the second arc, he would have then.
:lol

Jintor

So then Lust just ran out of energy? Huh.

I think so. Mustang specifically references just continually killing her until she can't get up again, and it does work with the internal logic of the stones.
From memory, Wrath is the only non-regenerator.

I think so. Mustang specifically references just continually killing her until she can't get up again, and it does work with the internal logic of the stones.

I think the reason is that fire doesn't stop, so it kills them automatically every time they "respawn". It's also easier to keep a fire going than killing them repeatedly in a more violent way.

It's just about optimization, in my opinion.

Jintor

I think the reason is that fire doesn't stop, so it kills them automatically every time they "respawn". It's also easier to keep a fire going than killing them repeatedly in a more violent way.

It's just about optimization, in my opinion.

Mustang is probably the most most OP alchemist since he only has to transmute a little for a big result. Next to Kimberly, who I think is more about explosions than continuous flames.

Holy shit.

Mustang is probably the most most OP alchemist since he only has to transmute a little for a big result. Next to Kimberly, who I think is more about explosions than continuous flames.

Well he's the best Homunculus killer anyway. As for the best alchemist, that remains to see, though I like him pretty much.

Jintor

Well he's the best Homunculus killer anyway. As for the best alchemist, that remains to see, though I like him pretty much.

Well, for combat.

I wonder why more State Alchemists don't have circle gloves, or if it's mainly because Mustant transmutes the air directly unlike most other state alchemists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom