• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

What the fuck why are there giant naked humans

They look even more disturbing in the original manga:

iIJ0dHah71rkv.png

Well, for combat.

I wonder why more State Alchemists don't have circle gloves, or if it's mainly because Mustant transmutes the air directly unlike most other state alchemists

Armstrong has circle gauntlets. He would be so awesome if h weren'T acting so wird ll the time. Aside from them, we do not get to see lot of fighting state alchemist so it'S difficult to say for sure.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So tempted...

But I feel like I'm about to fall asleep - I got exhausted from reading so many bad arguments. It could just be the scotch though...
Hey you know which hentai I was watching the other night that would help you get rid of the aftertaste of Lolita Anime? Another Lady Innocent.

Jintor

Armstrong has circle gauntlets. He would be so awesome if h weren'T acting so wird ll the time. Aside from them, we do not get to see lot of fighting state alchemist so it'S difficult to say for sure.

True. Most other State Alchemists we see are research types or offed in short order.

Man, I wish brotherhood hadn't skipped the Ishvalan Civil War. That's such a good volume.

wonzo

Banned
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 8

roman8.jpg

This was pretty good, a pretty good take on the whole fall from grace thing. It's surprising how a show based off of a Pachinko Machine can have as so many good episodes.

Narag

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 8
This was pretty good, a pretty good take on the whole fall from grace thing. It's surprising how a show based off of a Pachinko Machine can have as so many good episodes.

Whoops, knew I forgot something. Will check out tomorrow.

True. Most other State Alchemists we see are research types or offed in short order.

Man, I wish brotherhood hadn't skipped the Ishvalan Civil War. That's such a good volume.

I just thought about how badass it would be for a statealchemist to have a circle test tube. Think about a Breaking Bad anime with circle test tube equipped alchemists. How awesome would that be?

I agree about the civil war. Maybe thy'll make a film out of it?

wonzo

Banned

Narag

While technically impressive, I really don't like the way some of the camerawork during the Spider-man-esque sequence. Gets me dizzy (though I guess that's the intention; it's certainly fits more here than in Akito).

Given you didn't mention the CG backgrounds during those sequences, I'd say mission accomplished!

zeroshiki

Other than the entire concept of spider-knightmare thingies being dumb, I thought Akito had really good action and, for the time being, had an air of realism to it. No invincible world beaters yet!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Other than the entire concept of spider-knightmare thingies being dumb, I thought Akito had really good action and, for the time being, had an air of realism to it. No invincible world beaters yet!
Akito's action is great, it's just that the camera keeps on going WOOSH and WHAM and SWOOSH and VROOM that I don't know what the fuck should I focus my attention on.
How could you not notice them? There's no real other way to achieve backgrounds like that.
Ignorance is bliss.

Branduil

You can't count on PIG lately.

That's definitely true. But there's really no excuse for them not pouring money into this, it's one of the most popular properties in Japan. It's possible they've blown the budget on the first few episodes, or they'll run into production difficulties, but at the very least the trailer looks promising enough to be cautiously optimistic.

zeroshiki

Not that I wish the Shingeki adaptation any harm, but you guys should know by now that we've been down this road many many times.

Beloved manga -> anime adaptation -> hype hype hype -> disappointment.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nope, you just need to kill them until they're dead. Stabbing and bullets work too, it just take way too many.
Hrm, fair enough. I suppose it's convenient that only those with powers have enough to destroy them anyway. lol

Nah, that kinda mindfuck would need at least another season or a couple of OVA's to lead up to it.
Maria Holic movie then!

-----

Hanayaka Nari Waga Ichizoku Kinetograph OVA 1

How to create a reverse harem in three steps:

rekNmckl.jpg

Weak girl stands up to boy.

0jrQ5xbl.jpg

Boy is shocked at her "insolence".

7o6zHfTl.jpg

Boy falls in love with girl but doesn't realize it.

PY2Tx0ol.jpg

Repeat 5 more times.

Narag

Not that I wish the Shingeki adaptation any harm, but you guys should know by now that we've been down this road many many times.

So many bad times it's due to be good this time?

Branduil

The biggest issue, adaptation-wise, with Attack on Titan will be how they deal with the various flashbacks and nonlinear narratives. They should probably just do a straight adaptation of those, but we'll see what happens. Otherwise, the story isn't particularly "complicated."

zeroshiki

The biggest issue, adaptation-wise, with Attack on Titan will be how they deal with the various flashbacks and nonlinear narratives. They should probably just do a straight adaptation of those, but we'll see what happens. Otherwise, the story isn't particularly "complicated."

Maybe the director could try to be cute and do it chronologically ala FMA?

Yeah, but the other side is true as well. Good adaptations exist, some even surpassing the source material.

Kagami

I don't see how the link invalidates anything I said.

He was weaboo enough to be motivated to study. Hooray for him. The vast majority of people think otherwise and alot of the time, they think that Japanese is something they pick up on their off time just so they can play a video game or something without realizing the vast depths you'd need to plumb to study a language.

Really, if Bravely Default is enough motivation for you then more power to you. You're in the 0.01% of people who can clearly devote their lives in the dogged pursuit of a goal. You should take up astrophysics on the side.

Sorry, I should have elaborated.
You mentioned the guy wanting to play a single individual game, but you also said "or watch anime," which is broader than just one game.

There's a persistent meme that anime fans learning Japanese for anime-related reasons are doomed to failure, and your wording "unless you're the biggest weaboo in existence," (implying success based on weeaboo motivation is unlikely), sounded like that sort of discouragement to me.

So I "side" with Aeana in the sense of wanting to tell people that being motivated to learn Japanese for otaku/nerd reasons is perfectly valid, but yeah, by linking to an expanded list of related nerd benefits as encouragement I'm effectively agreeing with you regarding the usefulness of extensive motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom