• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Yeah, but the other side is true as well. Good adaptations exist, some even surpassing the source material.

Well, if we look at Araki's other adaptations, Death Note is generally considered a very good and faithful retelling. Many would put it above the manga even. HotD is trash, but that's no different from the manga from what I understand. His trademark is basically turning things up to eleven, which could potentially work well for a manga like Attack on Titan, which more or less wears its heart on its sleeve.

fertygo

AoT share similar vibe with Shin Sekai Yori.. Its would be great if they can reach that quality with better consistency, but I'd imagine its would be as inconsistent lol.

Kagami

Akito's action is great, it's just that the camera keeps on going WOOSH and WHAM and SWOOSH and VROOM that I don't know what the fuck should I focus my attention on.
The 3D animators were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think if they should.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hey you know which hentai I was watching the other night that would help you get rid of the aftertaste of Lolita Anime? Another Lady Innocent.

Hmmm, that's directed by that artist Satoshi Urushihara, who draws those beautiful bishounen girls? I think I wanna check it out, but the insane amount of pubic hair is a little unsettling...

Hmmm, that's directed by that artist Satoshi Urushihara, who draws those beautiful bishounen girls? I think I wanna check it out, but the insane amount of pubic hair is a little unsettling...

The guy who designed the Grownlanser characters designed it, which I find hilarious and incredibly arousing.

Shining Hearts OMAKE 02

NoOWxat.jpg

Tony Taka am cry.

Westlo

The biggest issue, adaptation-wise, with Attack on Titan will be how they deal with the various flashbacks and nonlinear narratives. They should probably just do a straight adaptation of those, but we'll see what happens. Otherwise, the story isn't particularly "complicated."

Assuming it's two cour... do we actually have a good stopping point?

Try Asagi.

Kagami

The Urushihara-animated endings to Queen's Blade season 2 are marvelous.

Branduil

Well of course there's big fundamental difference.. but the world and the atmosphere are similar, at least that what I feel..

They're superficially similar, but Attack on Titan is substantially more shounen. And while it has good worldbuilding, to be sure, it's not on the same level as From the New World.

Another big difference is that AoT is a massively popular manga and FtnW is a science fiction novel for NERDS.

Hmmm I do like the be amused and aroused at the same time. In fact, whenever possible I prefer to laugh while masturbating. It just makes everything better.

Not too amused, or else you'll pull your striker unit too hard and it will no longer be a hilarious moment between you and your best friend.

Branduil

Ehhhhh...

I don't really want to. I feel pretty content that I made the most successful single show OT of Fall, so making another inactive one would make me sad.

I guess I could if no one else will.

I can do it if you don't want to I guess. Might as well put my anti-jinxing powers to good use.

Assuming it's two cour... do we actually have a good stopping point?

There should be a good place to leave things off if they do 26 episodes or so.

Kyon

Banned
Helloooooooooooooooooo I have been recruited by Regulus Tera to join the ranks of such a prestine elite anime club. *.*

I'll list some of my faves so ya'll can get to know me better:

Sailor Moon
Naruto
Black Rock Shooter
(Insert almost any yaoi anime and i most likely watched it)

I actually started Mawaru PenguinDrum and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai with you guys while i was a lurker but never got to finishing them for some reason lol

Star Driver(Does anyone here like this? *.*)
PrettyCure
Digimon
Mahō Shōjo Ririkaru Nanoha
Sailor Moon (2013)(I know ill be watching the LEGEND Usagi-chan make her glorious comeback this year with hopefully the rest of you)
Senran Kagura

That's all i can think of atm. If anyone noticed the pattern I have an obsession with Magical Girls *.* I wish there was a thread dedicated to them... oh well

Hi AnimeGAF, some members have told me to come check this place out.

I'm a huge Precure fan that watches the anime since the days of Arienai fansubs taking their holy time to release a episode of the first season.

My favorite anime right now are easily JoJo/Chihayafuru/Space Bros.

I'm actually marathoning the first 7 episodes of Kotoura-san right now and I'm also going to watch Robotics;Notes after this.

Heartcatch is the best show ever

Kyon

Banned
oh and i LOOOOOOOOOVE Mahou Sensei Negima *.* I think its up there with Sailor Moon as well as Tokyo Mewmew!!!!!!! Omg Tokyo Mewmew ;__; I wish Berry was in the anime

I can do it if you don't want to I guess. Might as well put my anti-jinxing powers to good use.

I'd trust you to put more effort into it than I would at least. Didn't even do character profiles for the JoJo thread beyond images and names.

Edit: Welcome, people from that loli thread!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Helloooooooooooooooooo I have been recruited by Regulus Tera to join the ranks of such a prestine elite anime club. *.*
Joke's on you, here's nothing but a cesspool of Armchair Animators and endless 2D vs 3D bickering.
Black Rock Shooter
OVA or TV series?
That's all i can think of atm. If anyone noticed the pattern I have an obsession with Magical Girls *.* I wish there was a thread dedicated to them... oh well
Blame Mad Pierrot. He's the reason we don't have a Precure thread yet.
I like you.

Kyon

Banned
Joke's on you, here's nothing but a cesspool of Armchair Animators and endless 2D vs 3D bickering.

OVA or TV series?

Blame Mad Pierrot. He's the reason we don't have a Precure thread yet.

Oh my :eek:

Both

:O omg someone should make a dedicated magical girls thread if thats allowed!

EDIT: Omg Heartcatch is flawless

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Sailor Moon
Naruto
Black Rock Shooter

I actually started Mawaru PenguinDrum and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai with you guys while i was a lurker but never got to finishing them for some reason lol

PrettyCure
Digimon
Sailor Moon (2013)(I know ill be watching the LEGEND Usagi-chan make her glorious comeback this year with hopefully the rest of you)
Senran Kagura

Another comrade to DTL and a rival for me! :p

fertygo

They're superficially similar, but Attack on Titan is substantially more shounen. And while it has good worldbuilding, to be sure, it's not on the same level as From the New World.

Another big difference is that AoT is a massively popular manga and FtnW is a science fiction novel for NERDS.

Yeah, AoT's more action packed and SSY more focused with the conspiracy thing.

Btw I hope the anime wouldn't make the action erase the horror element completely, good thing Araki not doing that in Death Note or HSotD..

I'm a huge Precure fan that watches the anime since the days of Arienai fansubs taking their holy time to release a episode of the first season.

My favorite anime right now are easily JoJo/Chihayafuru/Space Bros.

I'm actually marathoning the first 7 episodes of Kotoura-san right now and I'm also going to watch Robotics;Notes after this.

Welcome!

Expect no less from the director of Guilty Crown.

Every time I start to get hyped again, I remember this.

They look even more disturbing in the original manga:

I think it's a shame that no matter how good the anime winds up looking, it's never going to match that original level of expressiveness and horror.

Don't even care. Nothing's killing all this hype

Source material's too good for him to lose all the shimmer in translation

I thought Nurarhiyon was too good for everything to be lost in translation, but that series got butchered beyond all recognition. If DEEN could find a way to pull that off, I'm sure that it's possible for the team on Kyojin to come up with all sorts of ways to completely butcher the material.

The biggest issue, adaptation-wise, with Attack on Titan will be how they deal with the various flashbacks and nonlinear narratives. They should probably just do a straight adaptation of those, but we'll see what happens. Otherwise, the story isn't particularly "complicated."

The story not being complicated doesn't mean that someone on the staff (who we all hold in such high esteem) couldn't decide that they can improve on it. Flashbacks are the biggest concern, but I'm nervous about everything.

Especially since this is from the guy who somehow managed to adapt one of the shittiest manga endings of all time and actually make it worse.

Sailor Moon
Naruto
Black Rock Shooter

PrettyCure
Digimon
Senran Kagura

Welcome aboard.

You should probably finish watching Penguindrum, due to it being one of the best anime of the past decade. And I'm sorry for anyone who tricked you into watching Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. You should probably try and forget ever watching that.

I'm always happy to see more fans of Digimon, and I was a big fan of both Nanoha and Nanoha As. So I can say that I definitely agree with some of those favorites.

Now everybody go watch Strike Witches. . . NOW.

I never watched that one, I saw like 2 episodes and it never clicked with me, I've never been a fan of shows that show a bunch of ass/pantsu... I just don't like fanservice in general. I hate Echhi anime too

Maybe that's why I love Precure

Where can I cry over there not being a Darker than Black season 3?

Chronoexe

Yay more Brocures!

Regulus_Tera has been working hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom