• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVD
*1, 23,137 *,*23,137 Wolf Children
*2, 14,529 *,*14,529 Kuroko's Basketball vol.8
*3, *8,124 *,**8,124 Space Battleship Yamato 2199 vol.4
*4, *4,641 *,**4,641 Tiger & Bunny -The Beginning- Limited Edition
*5, *3,219 *,**3,219 New Prince of Tennis vol.6
*6, *2,764 *,**2,764 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.2 Limited Edition
*8, *1,649 *,**1,649 Psycho-Pass vol.3
*9, *1,639 *,**1,639 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.3
10, *1,600 *,**1,600 Kamisama Hajimemashita vol.3
12, *1,145 *,**1,145 Lupin III: Touhou Kenbunroku - Another Page
13, *1,119 *,**1,119 Girls und Panzer vol.2
14, **,973 *,***,973 Hyouka vol.9 Limited Editon
15, **,900 *,***,900 Shirokuma Cafe vol.8
16, **,766 *,***,766 Yuruyuri♪♪ vol.6
17, **,737 *,**9,425 Initial D Fifth Stage vol.2
18, **,678 *,***,678 Hiiro no Kakera 2nd Season vol.2
19, **,672 *,***,672 Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki vol.4
20, **,665 *,***,665 Humanity Has Declined vol.6
21, **,619 *,***,619 Tiger & Bunny -The Beginning- Standard Edition
22, **,593 1,180,859 My Neighbor Totoro
23, **,581 *,***,581 Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse vol.6 Limited Edition
24, **,560 *,***,560 Busou Shinki vol.3
30, **,487 *,***,487 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE vol.13
Thats like over 24,000 both for Yamato and Kuroko. I wonder if Yamato will go higher once the tv show airs.

Horizon could have been an over 20k if it had dvds

JPN doesnt like Humanity has declined? Its drops in quality or something after the first three episodes?

Hrm, fair enough. I suppose it's convenient that only those with powers have enough to destroy them anyway. lol

Maria Holic movie then!

-----

Hanayaka Nari Waga Ichizoku Kinetograph OVA 1

How to create a reverse harem in three steps:

rekNmckl.jpg

Weak girl stands up to boy.

0jrQ5xbl.jpg

Boy is shocked at her "insolence".

7o6zHfTl.jpg

Boy falls in love with girl but doesn't realize it.

PY2Tx0ol.jpg

Repeat 5 more times.

Those character designs are amazing, especially the one at the bottom left and right, guess I better add, otome adaptation?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
This has to be a bit of Namco cross-promotion, because I can't figure out any other reason why Tekken bossman Katsuhiro Harada is suddenly sporting an Iori avatar on Twitter.

GARwhJg.png

edit: ...I think he just started tweeting in character. I swear one of his newest tweets is something like "The Minase Group won't give in to the Mishima Zaibatsu."
edit2: ahahaha someone just tweeted at him "Iorin! Tell me some FPS tips!" and he responded "Aim for the forehead. And I'm not talking about myself!"

Hahaha! Harada is so legit. :D

Shergal

While we're on the subject of anime production, does anyone know of any interesting videos or articles on anime production? I've only read a few articles that outline the production process and watched this video series on production of Kanon 2006. Everything else I know (which admittedly isn't a lot) has been basically from word of mouth.

I think there was a series of videos on the production of Clannad as well, but I lost the link...

I'm kinda very late, but if you still are looking for something, this one is the best:
http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/the-anime-production-line

This has to be a bit of Namco cross-promotion, because I can't figure out any other reason why Tekken bossman Katsuhiro Harada is suddenly sporting an Iori avatar on Twitter.

GARwhJg.png

edit: ...I think he just started tweeting in character. I swear one of his newest tweets is something like "The Minase Group won't give in to the Mishima Zaibatsu."
edit2: ahahaha someone just tweeted at him "Iorin! Tell me some FPS tips!" and he responded "Aim for the forehead. And I'm not talking about myself!"

Iorin is top tier idol so I approve.

The Unlimited 08

I liked the animation in this episode .. They did great , with this flashback .. i guess they didn't have time to tell that the watch was in fact
A limiter for kyoubu powers
but it was decently implied.

sonicmj1

I crashed early yesterday.

Hataraki Man 8

As others said, this was a great episode. Unusually positive for an episode of this show. When things tend to go wrong so often, and so many episodes wind up being lessons in humility and subsuming yourself to the company, it's great to finally see people go with their heart and succeed.

ibx5f8dnYzZrD2.jpg

I was watching this episode while eating spaghetti with meat sauce and this guy made me all worried that I would wind up with sauce on my face and not notice.

Sitting in on that sales meeting, you could imagine how those pitches to sell Bravely Default in the US might have gone. With the responsibility people are expected to take when they screw up, you can see how employees (and companies by extension) are more interested in not failing than they are in succeeding.

This show needs more Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze. But then again, doesn't everything?

Wandering Son 8

This episode got awkward sometimes. In a good way.

ik6XaZXg6Ar2x.jpg

Saori was right. Takatsuki really does look cooler with long hair.

I like the tension in this show between the characters trying to hold onto their simpler, uncomplicated pasts and their needs (external and internal) to grow and change. At least at the moment, everyone feels like they're growing up in different ways.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Doi subplot. We'll see how it's handled.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
While Iori is usually in the list of idols I have to think extra hard to remember, I do like this version of READY!! by her.

Oh wow, do the other girls have their own version of READY!! as well? Regardless this one is great.

=======================

Queen's Blade - 12 [Season 1 END]

That wraps up the first season. Onwards to season 2!

Helloooooooooooooooooo I have been recruited by Regulus Tera to join the ranks of such a prestine elite anime club. *.*

I'll list some of my faves so ya'll can get to know me better:

Sailor Moon
Naruto
Black Rock Shooter
(Insert almost any yaoi anime and i most likely watched it)

I actually started Mawaru PenguinDrum and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai with you guys while i was a lurker but never got to finishing them for some reason lol

Star Driver(Does anyone here like this? *.*)
PrettyCure
Digimon
Mahō Shōjo Ririkaru Nanoha
Sailor Moon (2013)(I know ill be watching the LEGEND Usagi-chan make her glorious comeback this year with hopefully the rest of you)
Senran Kagura

That's all i can think of atm. If anyone noticed the pattern I have an obsession with Magical Girls *.* I wish there was a thread dedicated to them... oh well

Sailor Moon (2013), I dont know I think I might give it a try whenever it airs. Perhaps it will be different and show that a magical girl anime could actually be somewhat decent.

tumblr_m6lw4sClg51rt17bmo6_250.gif

But anyway, yes another yaoi fan, please stick around and welcome.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Not that I wish the Shingeki adaptation any harm, but you guys should know by now that we've been down this road many many times.

Beloved manga -> anime adaptation -> hype hype hype -> disappointment.

It's better to have hyped and lost than to never have hyped at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
These genres are ripe for a docking.
Thank God you defined it otherwise I would have assumed you meant the other form of docking.

Ready is like the only idol trash song that I like, or idk if its even like, I don't dislike.
I admit most songs are usually just background noise for me, but there are some fun songs like Go My Way, Ai Like Hamburger and Kyun!~ Vampire Girl.

Magical girls and yaoi sounds like a very interesting combination to say the least.
I'm interested in seeing a "reverse" harem Magical Girl anime with mostly heterosexual partners and a dash of yaoi fanservice thrown in.

10 guys, for every magical girl. Because magic gets you all the guys all the time.

Better yet, Martial Arts Magical Girl "Reverse" Harem anime.

Anyone can become a magical girl. You just must train your body and mind to perform ki spells that the rest of the world perceives as "magic". And strive to become over 9000 and be an elite defender of earth. Punch, kick, it's all in the mind. You can perform any magic spell if you yell loud enough.

Meanwhile the women have slightly homo-erotic, beautiful men swooning over them while they train. For these women fight for family, friends, earth, justice, and the pristine boys, I mean lovers.

Fund it.

Hint: DTL probably had a folder full of pictures of it.

Fill in the vowels!

Wh_n _n_ m_n _ns_rts h_s p_n_s _nt_ _n_th_r m_n's f_r_sk_n.

Out of these sentences "Fill in the vowels!" is certainly the lewdest.

F-f-fill in the vowels?

Edit: I was also under the misconception that the process you describe is commonly referred to as "Inception".

Defuser

GARwhJg.png

Damn 17 years working on Tekken.

BluWacky

I'm interested in seeing a "reverse" harem Magical Girl anime with mostly heterosexual partners and a dash of yaoi fanservice thrown in.

10 guys, for every magical girl. Because magic gets you all the guys all the time.

Pretear would do. Only one girl, seven guys, one of whom is certainly flamboyant, all of whom have to "pret" with the girl to give her magical powers and by "pret" I mean...

Why cant we just have magical boys, instead of me having to always resort to going to genderbends :/

You're watching Saint Seiya Omega, right? Most of the things that people seem to like about magical girl shows these days are things you get from your shounen shows - friendship and epic battles etc.

OceanBlue

http://i.imgur.com/GARwhJg.png

Lol, amazing.

I'm kinda very late, but if you still are looking for something, this one is the best:
http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/the-anime-production-line
I remember finding this before when I wanted to find this information out. This is definitely one of the best articles on the production process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom