• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

The Anime movie medium is a joke
Excuse my boldness in trying to elicit meaningful conversation instead of just spurring on internet pissing fights, but perhaps you could go into a bit of detail as to why you think so? Maybe provide some examples of movies you believe to be overrated?

Branduil

Nah it's probably cause japan makes bad animated movies and the competition was strong this year...I mean present maybe if all theses western animation studios stop'd making movies then japan would have chance.

The Anime movie medium is a joke

Come on man, you can't think stuff like Brother Bear, Shrek 2, or Cars are that much better than One Piece movies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
im just going to say one thing consering that thread on gaming.

dude bro king Seth MacFaralane (or MacAttack as i call him) - pretty much gets a pass saying George Clooney needs to go younger...

where as the dudes who hardly even do the shit with these drawings have "ban this sick filth written all over...

but Seth gets away with it because "its funny, and hes a dude, bro"
You are making even less sense than usual.
lol weeaboos hating on western animated films, nearly missed it :)
But I said Wreck-It Ralph deserved the Oscar more! You are such a Westaboo.

zeroshiki

Cwarrior is a fake One Piece fan. I mean he hasn't even seen One Piece Film Z in the cinemas! :p

Yeah, its been out 3 months and he hasn't seen it. What a fraud.

Yep for example I just watched wreck it Ralph, even know I like one piece I don't expect filmz to even come close to that movie or any anime movie to come out in the next few years.

Lol?

I... don't know why I'm even bothering to engage you but there are 2 Ghibli movies coming out THIS YEAR.

Cwarrior

Cwarrior is a fake One Piece fan. I mean he hasn't even seen One Piece Film Z in the cinemas! :p

*shakes fists" damn you for seeing it.

I really want to see the movie but I have to honest with my self it's an "Anime Movie" it would be stupid to lie to myself and get my hopes up, it is what it is.

zeroshiki

Ghibli is not the panacea of Japanese animation some people claim them to be either.

Yeah but he's so sure no anime movie will ever be better than Wreck it Ralph!

I'll take my chances that Kaze Tachinu or Kaguya Hime will be able to approach the glory of our Disney masters.

duckroll

Yeah but he's so sure no anime movie will ever be better than Wreck it Ralph!

I'll take my chances that Kaze Tachinu or Kaguya Hime will be able to approach the glory of our Disney masters.

How can they be better when they probably won't even have CG in them? CG is the future. Anime needs to stop living in the past. At least Toei is moving forward with stuff like the Harlock movie and Saint Seiya. Anime won't get respect from the rest of the world until they catch up to the modern international standards for animation.

Branduil

How can they be better when they probably won't even have CG in them? CG is the future. Anime needs to stop living in the past. At least Toei is moving forward with stuff like the Harlock movie and Saint Seiya. Anime won't get respect from the rest of the world until they catch up to the modern international standards for animation.

Anime will never get respect from the rest of the world.

zeroshiki

You're right. Can you believe that all the airplanes and cars in Kaze Tachinu will all be beautifully hand drawn and painted. *shakes head* This is why anime movies are going down the gutter.

Embrace our Disney overlords.

zeroshiki

I finally figured it out. CWarrior likes Wreck it Ralph because of the AKB48 song Sugar Rush!!!

*nods*

ponpo would be so proud of you.

akb48-sugar-rush_5oixh_2i7uuk.jpg

Also, Mauricio likes Chihayafuru. I love these new members!

More people who recognize the brilliance that is Chihayafuru joining this thread can only lead to good things.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 1

Straight to the point and shiny and enjoyable, too. I like that Domon can pull off brooding without making it terrible at the same time. And then there's his magical girl transformation complete with lingering shot of his butt in black spandex. Also his Red Kamina Cape. Shining Gundam might not be the coolest Gundam name, but I'll be darned if it isn't one of the coolest entrances.

NEO EVERYWHERE also, and Gundams for errybody.

Enjoy one of the manliest shows of all time. G Gundam may not be a typical Gundam show, but it's an extremely great show, and easily the best non-UC Gundam series, and Domon is a great protagonist.

Cwarrior

Excuse my boldness in trying to elicit meaningful conversation instead of just spurring on internet pissing fights, but perhaps you could go into a bit of detail as to why you think so? Maybe provide some examples of movies you believe to be overrated?

I've seen a number of highly acclaimed anime movies over the years, I've learn the hard way to expect the worst and mediocrity is the best you can expect from them (never go in hyped ever!!).

Don't listen to their hype it's all Lies.

TV anime >anime movies

I would go into detail but that would require me put in effort and I wouldn't want to waste that on this thread.

7Th

Furry Wolf Kids was way better than Ralph, even without subs.

Enjoy one of the manliest shows of all time. G Gundam may not be a typical Gundam show, but it's an extremely great show, and easily the best non-UC Gundam series, and Domon is a great protagonist.

Turn A is both the best UC Gundam series and the best non-UC Gundam series. Loran is also the best Gundam protagonist.

CorvoSol

More people who recognize the brilliance that is Chihayafuru joining this thread can only lead to good things.

I've heard it called the most hot-blooded Mecha prior to Gurren Lagann, is this true?

I could never take Domon seriously again after the love love final attack thingy.

Wait, why would I take a Gundam protagonist seriously?

Mature

I've seen a number of highly acclaimed anime movies over the years, I've learn the hard way to expect the worst and mediocrity is the best you can expect from them (never go in hyped ever!!).

Don't listen to their hype it's all Lies.

TV anime >anime movies

I would go into detail but that would require me put in effort and I wouldn't want to waste that on this thread.
Hey! Good idea.

I'll return the favor and add you to my ignore list so I don't have to waste my time putting in the effort of reading your posts in the future.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 38 END

iyi9dSp89kZ7S.gif

I'm gonna summarise everything bad about this series in a short list as I really don't feel like wasting any more energy on this piece of shit.

• The CG is terrible.
  • The traditionally animated stuff isn't all that much better.
  • The premise while kinda interesting ultimately turns into a collection of one Musou characters owning the shit outta another each other with scrubs flying all around the place like debris.
  • The only interesting characters are usually the minor side ones that usually end up getting killed after their moment in the sun or are relegated to awful CG closeups whenever they're distressed or shocked.
  • The sound direction is pretty bad at times no thanks to the fairly awkward voice acting and the played out soundtrack.

Everything is shit and yet I can't help but feel repulsed by the fact that I kinda want to see more. Why.

iPnsxm5c0gFy2.gif

I want the version of Wreck It Ralph where the ugly loli dies.
Wait, she doesn't? *tears up imaginary movie tickets*

Can you put less effort in and just stop posting altogether

Cwarrior

Hey! Good idea.

I'll return the favor and add you to my ignore list so I don't have to waste my time putting in the effort of reading your posts in the future.

Well came off as a dick understandable, but I wouldn't mind talking about it later through some other means like pm or chat, unfortunately at later time cause it's sleep time for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom