• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Threads of that nature tend to be a strange combination of passionate views but scattershot logic so it's not surprising that they tend to last awhile, usually till the most vocal posters burnout or get banned for going off the rails.

cajunator

Banned
Threads of that nature tend to be a strange combination of passionate views but scattershot logic so it's not surprising that they tend to last awhile, usually till the most vocal posters burnout or get banned for going off the rails.

Yeah Im not gonna post much more in there. Im probably on razor thin ice for whatever reason plus its gaming side. Im pretty much swimming with sharks.
I shall retreat back here.

Westlo

1436868-PQJLPGT.jpg
1436873-BM5SQYA.jpg
1436874-J41T9S0.jpg
1436870-IEQKY68.jpg
1436872-KCKY2T9.jpg
1436871-UD9SFGO.jpg

Hey I don't know any of them....

*insert Tomat avatar*

fertygo

Or at least studios that aren't KyoAni or wherever Oshii is working.

I think KyoAni's work situation are much better are quite hyperbole, I read somewhere yeah their worker in better shape than most but that just because they're not in tokyo, nowhere near "ideal" status that people often mention to KyoAni. They still working in labor.

Articalys

From something's analysis of last week's sales numbers, we have some more per-volume series sales averages for shows that just released their last volumes. All numbers are BD+DVD.

Yuru Yuri♪♪ -- 7,225 avg. across 6 volumes
Humanity Has Declined -- 5,042 avg. across 6 volumes
Eureka Seven AO -- 4,177 avg. across 9 volumes (noted as "less than half of the original", though of course there are a few other factors to account for as well)

Also, it would seem that the reason for the insane Kuroko's Basketball vol.8 sales was because it had a special brand-new OVA episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In case my previous post wasn't clear enough, here's what I'm saying: Parading a series of "lewd avatars" and discussing which of them to use is not the wisest thing to do. But what is even worse is when someone then replies to it linking to more lewd avatars and talking about bodily fluids and stuff. It's inappropriate and it makes this entire community look bad. I don't want to be the nofunallowed guy, but please, use some common sense? Thanks!

Maybe I should have kept it to the IRC, but not everyone uses that and I want it to be a community thing. It's a good subject to bond over. But yeah, I've tended to ask for advice on the avatar to use only in the IRC mostly because I don't want to risk posting something beyond lewd while asking if it is ok.

Articalys

In other news, as expected, the character song on Sword Art Online vol.6 will be Suguha's, and the volume also comes with a neat abec-illustrated box to hold all four Fairy Dance volumes:

foNu3XS.jpg

Still a mystery who the last two character songs on vols. 8 and 9 will be though. I guess at this point one of them is probably Kirito, but I've no idea who the other one could be.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
♫And they called it brother love
Oh, I guess they'll never know
How a young heart really feels
And why I love him so

And they called it brother love
Just because we live together
Tell them all it isn't fair
To take away my only dream

I cry each night my tears for you
My tears are all in vain
I'll hope and I'll pray that maybe someday
You'll be back in my arms once again

Someone, help me, help me, help me please
Is the answer up above
How can I, how can I tell them
This is not a brother love
♫

Jex

From something's analysis of last week's sales numbers, we have some more per-volume series sales averages for shows that just released their last volumes. All numbers are BD+DVD.

Yuru Yuri♪♪ -- 7,225 avg. across 6 volumes
Humanity Has Declined -- 5,042 avg. across 6 volumes
Eureka Seven AO -- 4,177 avg. across 9 volumes (noted as "less than half of the original", though of course there are a few other factors to account for as well)

Also, it would seem that the reason for the insane Kuroko's Basketball vol.8 sales was because it had a special brand-new OVA episode.

Huh, those are surprisingly good sales for Humanity has Declined, probably still not enough for them to break even but more than I was expecting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nooo. Those avatars have to be even lewder.

not lewd enough imo
I repeat. They don't have to be lewd, just from a lewd source. Basically a clause to get posters like kayos to join in.

Casting my vote for this one.
For Ulti right?

H-manga/doujin or fanart? The ultimate decision.
H-manga. That's the point of the theme.

So the lewd avatar thing is happening already?

Hmm...
Soon.

Nice choice.

We doing this lewd avatar thing? I guess I should get to drawing one then...
No. You get it from a pre existing doujin. You have plenty of options for Mio.

Jex

I forgo the individual episode impressions for fear of delivering a disingenuous analysis, what with so much of my previous writings being based around conjecture. This is all a preamble to saying that viewing it in hindsight, my opinion on it is markedly different.

[...]

[End of Evangelion]

[Stuff].

Thank you for your lengthy write up of Evangelion, I appreciate it. I don't have much to add because I'd either be agreeing with you on points you made or verging dangerously close to crazy fan territory.

Jex

You know, when one reads about 40 pages of this thread in an hour and I am just left with the impression that all people are discussing Idol shows and Mecha shows!

It is Nurse witch Komugi, and its GLORIOUS.
Watch it and be enlightened :D
I will, thank you.

And from this season, since this is essentially what the thread is about.

Given my tastes, which I assume you know pretty well by now. What exactly would you recommend?

As you know, I like Magical Girls.

I also like good comedy and slice of life. I'm not really into martial arts, or "action" shounen of any variety very much. Anything with cuteness, good comedy(as in the fewer overused jokes the better), good drama, or good romance.

Action is okay if it isn't overly macho.

It doesn't *have* to be from this season, though. Obviously there's plenty of anime from previous seasons I've missed. Also, it's okay if there isn't anything that fits the bill well for this season and you might not consider "good enough", just give me the closest thing.

Also, anime lacking in gender stereotypes are a huge plus for me.

I hear these is an anime recommendation thread. But I used the search tool and wasn't able to find it. So I'm just posting this here.

Jintor

Given my tastes, which I assume you know pretty well by now. What exactly would you recommend?

I also like good comedy and slice of life. I'm not really into martial arts, or "action" shounen of any variety very much. Anything with cuteness, good comedy(as in the fewer overused jokes the better), good drama, or good romance.

Bro here's what I watched in the last year or so and think you would like. I wasn't paying attention to see if you watched it already but: Toradora!, Nichijou, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

cajunator

Banned
I will, thank you.

And from this season, since this is essentially what the thread is about.

It doesn't *have* to be from this season, though. Obviously there's plenty of anime from previous seasons I've missed. Also, it's okay if there isn't anything that fits the bill well for this season and you might not consider "good enough", just give me the closest thing.

Also, anime lacking in gender stereotypes are a huge plus for me.

I hear these is an anime recommendation thread. But I used the search tool and wasn't able to find it. So I'm just posting this here.

You can get a little of all of that if you watch Full Moon Wo Sagashite. Its a bit long at 52 episodes, but there are very cute moments, very dramatic moments, romantic moments, very uplifting moments, wonderful songs, and even a bit of comedy mixed into the lighter episodes. I really think you would like it. It really struck a chord with me and I think its one of the best ending in anime. A really special show that I love dearly. It also kind of counts as magical girl for reasons you will see at the beginning.
Here's the opening to give you an idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVGpLnCvoQw

jgminto

I'm finding it pretty difficult to find a good source for an avatar relating to my previous avatars. There isn't really anything I can find for Baccano! or BECK and Death Note is just too :DLT. That isn't really a problem but it doesn't provide the ridiculous facial expressions I require.

Articalys

According to the interview in Megami Magazine, the Idolmaster movie does indeed take place after the last TV episode. A minor detail, to be certain, but nice to have it confirmed.

Milamber

I'm finding it pretty difficult to find a good source for an avatar relating to my previous avatars. There isn't really anything I can find for Baccano! or BECK and Death Note is just too :DLT. That isn't really a problem but it doesn't provide the ridiculous facial expressions I require.

I feel like helping you out. What character are you looking for exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom