• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 08

You know, most of the cards if not all, have text on them to explain what they do. I mean I get with chaining and such it can get pretty complicated but even then that's just when stuff will resolve. So, I dunno, learn how to play the fucking game you stupid looking protag.
it's that bad ?
The previous protagonists knew how to read. But what is the purpose of the visual headset ,then?

Some people hate Gundam Wing. They're crazy, but they exist.
I don't like wing but that's not heero fault . Out of the 5 characters, on ly 2 are worth anything.

Wow at that loli thread..
I'm sleeping until that thread is closed.
On the Internet no one can hear you scream.

ibh6CWyattsCYX.gif

Still a beautifull gif .. trully a masterpiece

sonicmj1

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 08

You know, most of the cards if not all, have text on them to explain what they do. I mean I get with chaining and such it can get pretty complicated but even then that's just when stuff will resolve. So, I dunno, learn how to play the fucking game you stupid looking protag.

All I've seen of the show is one card battle about 60 episodes in.

It's not just the protagonist. Nobody in Zexal reads any of the cards their opponents play.

So we share MADs, too?
Well, I'm glad you appreciate my taste in anime.

Do watch this MAD if you haven't already.

In other news, y'all have convinced me to watch Kaibutsu. Since I really haven't gotten any other new recommendations in this thread for anime I haven't watched. I'm going to Kotoura-san episode 7 and then the entire first season of Kaibutsu soon.

Though I do need to work on my computer and do some other things, so who knows how long it'll take.

All I've seen of the show is one card battle about 60 episodes in.

It's not just the protagonist. Nobody in Zexal reads any of the cards their opponents play.

This is stupid.what is the point of card battle, if the players don't even read the rules?

The first thing i asked when i played this game when i was younger is to be able to read any card i encountered to understand the treat and teh possibles traps that came within.
It's stupid to not to..

Amnesia 8
tumblr_miuntjXKht1qcvkfoo1_500.gif

Theyve really made Toma feel like the best boyfriend in the anime. I cant decided between him and Shin but he definitely feels a bit more warm and welcoming, while Shin felt a bit more, hard to describe. I like how protective Toma was and how he was trying to keep the fact that people were putting trash in her mailbox a secret from her and then during the one drama scene that kind of made me jump
One of the girls tried to drop the flowerpot on MC's head :/ then he offered to protect MC at his house
. I guess like Dakku, I think, said earlier, want to know why these girls are so out to attempt to at least ruin this girl or even kill her at this rate. Hopefully Toma doesnt get harmed.

sonicmj1

This is stupid.what is the point of card battle, if the players don't even read the rules?

The first thing i asked when i played this game when i was younger is to be able to read any card i encountered to understand the treat and teh possibles traps that came within.
It's stupid to not to..

Do you want dramatic, unexpected turnarounds in your card-based anime or not?

I'm not saying it's smart; I'm saying that at some point, a major villain will have a duel that they would win by doing nothing, but they lose because they didn't read the effect of a card on the board.

PsionBolt

It's stupid to not to..

Coincidentally, I started Weiss Schwarz Portable yesterday, and my limited knowledge from playing the TCG in English is more or less pulling me through despite my less-than-perfect vocabulary of kanji. I'm using cards that I know, and I'm winning most of the time, so reading cards my opponent uses doesn't seem to be all that necessary!

Xilium

Seems like a waste to keep letting these expire so here are some 48-hour Crunchyroll guest passes for anyone that wants them.

Code:
LURM4PY5YGY
L4JQ8CEVKB4
SAB7WRRAMDM

OceanBlue

More Space Dandy teasing from Thomas Romain:

This has me curious on the time between the start of a production and the show's airing. Tamako Market has apparently been in production since 2010 or 2011 (I don't remember which). Whether that means they've been working on animation for that long or they've been securing sponsors, marketing, and such, I don't know. I would assume it's the latter, but that still leaves a lot of details which I'm interested in knowing about.

SPEAKING OF TAMAKO MARKET, Tamako Market is today! :D

Articalys

Well, fine, just general teasing for now I guess. He did say he has more work already going on next year besides the new Kawamori project.

Still, what are the odds that he's working with Bones on a second "big name" project besides Space Dandy...

Shergal

It's dawned on me that this year has the potential to be insane. Watanabe+BONES doing an original, new Imaishi anime, Ghibli stuff, Trigger and MADHOUSE doing gangsta stuff at Animemirai, the Im@s movie (will it be this year?), Noriko Takao's Saint Young Men (again, is it opening this year?). Yeah, I'm becoming hyped for the future.

duckroll

This has me curious on the time between the start of a production and the show's airing. Tamako Market has apparently been in production since 2010 or 2011 (I don't remember which). Whether that means they've been working on animation for that long or they've been securing sponsors, marketing, and such, I don't know. I would assume it's the latter, but that still leaves a lot of details which I'm interested in knowing about.

SPEAKING OF TAMAKO MARKET, Tamako Market is today! :D

Don't confuse pre-production with production. Shows can take years to go from pre-production concept stages into actual animation production. It doesn't even entirely have to do with "securing sponsors, marketing, and such", but it just takes time to get things like character designs, production design, story, scripts, storyboards, etc done before actual animation production can start.

Do you want dramatic, unexpected turnarounds in your card-based anime or not?

I'm not saying it's smart; I'm saying that at some point, a major villain will have a duel that they would win by doing nothing, but they lose because they didn't read the effect of a card on the board.

But you can have dramatic turn arounds when 2 players know each rules.

It worked perfectly for 3 sagas no reason to go for the dumb route now

OceanBlue

Don't confuse pre-production with production. Shows can take years to go from pre-production concept stages into actual animation production. It doesn't even entirely have to do with "securing sponsors, marketing, and such", but it just takes time to get things like character designs, production design, story, scripts, storyboards, etc done before actual animation production can start.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I guess the 2010 or 2011 date for Tamako Market is more likely to be when pre-production started then. Thanks for the info.

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 28

This was a pretty great episode actually.

Nagisa and Honoka are trying to stay cooled off at Honoka's grandmother's place.
It looks like a typical Louisiana summer day in the show where everything around you seems to be melting. Mepple and mipple are playing games with Porun and the cute little bastard is bitching because he wants to play red light, green light because tag fucking sucks.
Suddenly, a feeling of hopelessness envelops both girls, as they think about their powers and how the enemy seems to have gotten so much stronger. Grandmother walks in with a story of her own life and how she was in despair but found hope to keep going. It re-energizes the Precure girls and they suddenly face a whole new kind of Zakenna and much more powerful villains. This could get interesting.

Articalys

Heh, just noticed that Romain's background on Twitter is the big Zodiac cube building from AKB0048.

Anyway, Bones worrywarts are already out in full force after his teaser, and he's trying his best to allay early fears:

5tigM2H.png

edit: I wonder what he means by "very Bones"...

Shergal

I don't think we should take the word of a designer on a show that has just started production very seriously. He probably can't say very much about the thing anyway.

Jarmel

Banned

fertygo

GaoGaiGar 13-16

All the robot character in this show are boss, Volfogg :bow

And I'm impressed with the production value, sure its filled with stock footage.. but there's always some good looking cut between them, the Zonder's design also always cool.

yami4ct

Seems like a waste to keep letting these expire so here are some 48-hour Crunchyroll guest passes for anyone that wants them.

Code:
LURM4PY5YGY
L4JQ8CEVKB4
SAB7WRRAMDM

Grabbed the top one. Seems they're all used now. Thanks man, I'll use it to dig through some nice HD backlog.

Grzi

Magi - 20

And again we are at the point where I have no idea what they're doing with this show. Damn. What's with the new stuff? Is it really necessary?
Do we know the final episode count for the show?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
A 13 year in-story timeskip, almost 20 years after the original series ended...

I guess a new anime would depend on how much popularity the series retains, though the fact that she's making a new one at all is a good sign I suppose.

I'll read it for sure. I miss those wacky parents. XD

e_i

Love Live episode 8

I guess Nozomi made Nico her bit--I mean waifu. It was pretty cute to see Nico resting her hands on Nozomi's shoulder.

Nafe

I noticed that when Articalys posted this earlier he mentioned that the two lead seiyuu's for the film, Kana Hanazawa and Miyu Irino, had previously worked with each other in Bungaku Shoujo and zeroshiki didn't exploit this as an opportunity to promote the show and attempt to get more people to watch it? Terrible.

Haha, but no, did zeroshiki get anybody else to watch it other than me and maybe firehawk? I remember him saying team Bungaku Shoujo was small with only about two members. I've actually been thinking of watching the second memoir as it's been a couple of months since I watched the first.

Oh good, an excuse to repost this.
ibs3I7X70Ss1IQ.jpeg

I've seen this picture before and maybe this response wasn't your point as it's size is still pretty silly but isn't this actually just a fan creation thing someone posted?

duckroll

Blood-C The Last Dark

I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil.

What a turd of a movie. :(

DiGiKerot

Blood-C The Last Dark

I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil.

What a turd of a movie. :(

What's hilarious is that I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't think anyone has any idea whatsoever what they were thinking with that thing - it's not even like it does anything significant!

Articalys

The two posts above the one just above this one feel like they should be in reverse order.

At least now I definitely know not to bother with the film now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom