• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Blood-C The Last Dark

I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil.

What a turd of a movie. :(
I'm quoting this post, saving it on my hard drive, printing it, and storing it in a Swiss bank in case you ever start joking about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil.

EDIT: OH HEY TOP OF THE PAGE NOW PEOPLE WON'T MISS YOUR SHAME

duckroll

What's hilarious is that I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't think anyone has any idea whatsoever what they were thinking with that thing - it's not even like it does anything significant!

My harsh reaction to the horribly conceived climax aside, and the godawful CG, the worst part of the movie is just how boring it was. It's a mundane and generic action movie with none of the creativity from the TV series. The direction was often flat, the pacing was horrible, I didn't care about anything going on in the movie, and the tech-savvy scenes with smartphones and hacking and whatever were just embarrassing.

The worst thing about the movie is that it's not so-bad-its-good, but rather its so-mediocre-its-totally-forgettable. Meh. :/

DiGiKerot

My harsh reaction to the horribly conceived climax aside, and the godawful CG, the worst part of the movie is just how boring it was. It's a mundane and generic action movie with none of the creativity from the TV series. The direction was often flat, the pacing was horrible, I didn't care about anything going on in the movie, and the tech-savvy scenes with smartphones and hacking and whatever were just embarrassing.

The worst thing about the movie is that it's not so-bad-its-good, but rather its so-mediocre-its-totally-forgettable. Meh. :/

But...but... That one guy likes watching cute Cat videos on Youtube! That's so realistic that it speaks to me as a viewer! Also gratuitous nudity!

Well, OK, I've got nothing.

BluWacky

The two posts above the one just above this one feel like they should be in reverse order.

At least now I definitely know not to bother with the film now.

Someone will eventually make clips of the... two?... good fight sequences in the film, and that'll be all you need to see.

And maybe a couple of other bits for SDBurton.

Theonik

Blood-C The Last Dark

I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil. I will never joke about a CG future again just to make fun of Branduil.

That's not 100 times. Do it again.

Branduil

Blood-C The Last Dark

Ouch. That bad, huh?

duckroll

Someone will eventually make clips of the... two?... good fight sequences in the film, and that'll be all you need to see.

And maybe a couple of other bits for SDBurton.

I don't even think the fights were good in the movie. Some of the animation was pretty solid, sure, but there's nothing in the movie which even approaches the final episode of the TV series in terms of scale, choreography, escalation, etc. Mizushima fucking NAILED the feeling of "how to end a series" in Blood-C TV. The movie felt like Shiotani barely bothered to create any sort of tension, excitement, or.... pacing in general. :(((((((((

I'm so fucking disappointed! >_<

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess the only one I can ask this of is DiGiKerot; is the CGI in Blood-C worse than what was on show in The Mystical Laws?

DiGiKerot

Guess the only one I can ask this of is DiGiKerot; is the CGI in Blood-C worse than what was on show in The Mystical Laws?

The CGI in The Mystical Laws has infinitely more point to it, and, perhaps unbelievably, is less terribly designed than that in Blood-C, even if TMLs animation is less technically competent (or at least more stiffly animated).

The thing that's so galling about what Duckroll is referring to in The Last Dark is that, not only is it ugly, it feels almost entirely irrelevant to the proceedings. If they were going to stick something in their movie pretty much just for the sake of sticking it in there, you'd at least think they'd want to make it look good.

Dresden

I don't even think the fights were good in the movie. Some of the animation was pretty solid, sure, but there's nothing in the movie which even approaches the final episode of the TV series in terms of scale, choreography, escalation, etc. Mizushima fucking NAILED the feeling of "how to end a series" in Blood-C TV. The movie felt like Shiotani barely bothered to create any sort of tension, excitement, or.... pacing in general. :(((((((((

I'm so fucking disappointed! >_<

So Shiotani is a dud. What a surprise.

it's that bad ?
The previous protagonists knew how to read. But what is the purpose of the visual headset ,then?

For really cool special effects.

All I've seen of the show is one card battle about 60 episodes in.

It's not just the protagonist. Nobody in Zexal reads any of the cards their opponents play.

Doesn't help that the protag doesn't even remember the traps cards he put down or which trap card is which one.

This is stupid.what is the point of card battle, if the players don't even read the rules?

The first thing i asked when i played this game when i was younger is to be able to read any card i encountered to understand the treat and teh possibles traps that came within.
It's stupid to not to..

I mean I give a pass if you don't know what cards your opponent plays cause you know, explaining everything is a staple in these shows. But if you can't even come up with strategies by looking at your cards and need your spirit that only you can see to tell you how to play cause you can't do it any better is just disappointing. At least Yugi was a competent duelist on his own!

DiGiKerot

Love Live episode 8

I guess Nozomi made Nico her bit--I mean waifu. It was pretty cute to see Nico resting her hands on Nozomi's shoulder.

Have you see the original Love Live Bokura no Live, Kimi to no Life PV? That scene, including many of the character poses and mannerisms, is lifted straight from that. Given that they'd clearly not really put that much thought into the character personalities or relationships at that point, there's a couple of things in that scene which end up coming across as odd in that scene now that they've placed it into a different context (Like the Nico/Nozomi thing). It's pretty odd given that when they redo the Bokura no Live, Kimi to no Life PV at the end of the episode, they re-imagine elements and scenes from it rather than slavishly recreate them. It's a weird privilege that they've extended purely towards Eri, basically.

Actually, I watched through all the PV's after getting the BD yesterday, and it's cute seeing how things developed as they went along. It's not really until the fourth PV that the characters even particularly start looking like they do in the TV show - the character designs are all over the place.

This would probably have been more shocking before 18 episodes of Psycho-pass aired. Lol.

I'm being reminded that I've still not gotten around to watching that...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The CGI in The Mystical Laws has infinitely more point to it, and, perhaps unbelievably, is less terribly designed than that in Blood-C, even if TMLs animation is less technically competent (or at least more stiffly animated).

The thing that's so galling about what Duckroll is referring to in The Last Dark is that, not only is it ugly, it feels almost entirely irrelevant to the proceedings. If they were going to stick something in their movie pretty much just for the sake of sticking it in there, you'd at least think they'd want to make it look good.

Wow. Ouch. That's pretty bad. And even worse, it wasn't even funny from the sounds of things. At least you went away with a smile on your face after TML.

DiGiKerot

Wow. Ouch. That's pretty bad. And even worse, it wasn't even funny from the sounds of things. At least you went away with a smile on your face after TML.

Oh, yeah, I mean - I was laughing hysterically all the way through that climatic battle in TML, mostly at what was going on on-screen, but the fact that the three-or-four other people in the cinema seemed to be taking it entirely seriously just made it all the funnier.

Not so much with The Last Dark.

Grzi

Blood-C The Last Dark

:(
I was really looking forward to this, what a shame.

Mangirl! 09

l5wvZfh.jpg

It stinks.

As many of you know, I read the Kotoura-san thread because of the loli thread.

And have been Kotoura-san because of the notorious Kotoura-san thread. Not that I wouldn't watch a show like this anyway. This show isn't even that bad, just average. Talk about hyperbole.

And since we folks around here apparently post updates and screenshots of anime we've been watching..

http://minus.com/lbeCo39ori27D2 10 MB Warning
ihE24GgBA63JD.gif

"Cancer" my foot. Scenes like these are the chemo that will cure anime.

Anime needs more scenes like this.
Because I'm seriously sick of the gender reverse happening in anime instead of this. I mean come on.

No lies, single most enjoyable scene in anime I've seen all month. You all no longer respect my taste in anime.

duckroll

If it's big, just make sure to wrap it in quote tags.

He's talking about filesize. That's not going to change anything! Don't embed 10meg gifs! In fact, try not to embed gifs at all! Nofunallowed!!!!!

Okay, on a more serious note, just link it if you have to. And tell people it's 10meg. Lol.

I've hyperlinked it. That should be better. Sorry, didn't know how big was too big. And that scene amused me so.

I'm going to attempt to find a way to condense it so it is postable without it looking absolutely terrible.

Articalys

Today I learned about the batshit insanity that is gdgd Faries, or at least how it mercilessly parodies everything it can get its hands on, especially for its endcard images.
I don't know why Araki parody art makes me laugh so much, but it does.

cajunator

Banned
As many of you know, I read the Kotoura-san thread because of the loli thread.

And have been Kotoura-san because of the notorious Kotoura-san thread. Not that I wouldn't watch a show like this anyway. This show isn't even that bad, just average. Talk about hyperbole.

And since we folks around here apparently post updates and screenshots of anime we've been watching..

http://min.us/lioFc1jjJQNvk 10 MB Warning

"Cancer" my foot. Scenes like these are the chemo that will cure anime.

Anime needs more scenes like this.
Because I'm seriously sick of the gender reverse happening in anime instead of this. I mean come on.

No lies, single most enjoyable scene in anime I've seen all month. You all no longer respect my taste in anime.

Nobody respects my taste in anime either :p

I've hyperlinked it. That should be better. Sorry, didn't know how big was too big. And that scene amused me so.

I'm going to attempt to find a way to condense it so it is postable without it looking absolutely terrible.

It loaded in a couple seconds for me, although I have a beast internet connection so it doesnt mean much.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Too much (positive) stuff in my head to watch anime this week. Guess I'll have to catch up with the backlog season episodes this weekend, haha.

Magi - 20

And again we are at the point where I have no idea what they're doing with this show. Damn. What's with the new stuff? Is it really necessary?
Do we know the final episode count for the show?

We do not. It could just go on and on for all we know.

Milamber

What the heck happened here guys? I went out for 30 minutes for a bite to eat and come back to this thread constantly crashing in chrome every time I tried to recover it.

Syrinx

Usagi Drop 8

This show is good for me cause I've just been feeling exhausted and lathargic lately. Helps to decompress and get my mind off of things. Rin has hilarious and adorable facial experessions. I also like how this show balances the nice, sweet moments with the more somber scenes, and how resilient Run can be.

It loaded in a couple seconds for me, although I have a beast internet connection so it doesnt mean much.
Yeah, I easily forget that my internet connection might not be the norm.

I get around 20 Mbps down. And that doesn't even seem very fast to me.

By the way, I want an anime where all of the girls and guys act like that. There's like one or two, like Kanokon or something.

But every other anime handles those situations where the genders are flipped from that .gif. I'd watch a "reverse" harem that was like that, and enjoy it.

Yeah, I easily forget that my internet connection might not be the norm.

I get around 20 Mbps down. And that doesn't even seem very fast to me.

By the way, I want an anime where all of the girls and guys act like that. There's like one or two, like Kanokon or something.

But every other anime handles those situations where the genders are flipped from that .gif. I'd watch a "reverse" harem that was like that, and enjoy it.

Seitokai Yakuindomo?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Eh. The problem with encouraging 10MB gifs is that they start to become the norm and then multiple people start posting them and if everyone posted a gif you could rack up 1000MBs in gifs from one page.

3 or less is the magic number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom