• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Wandering Son - 8

All of my villain senses are tingling when the scene involves Dai. That kid is gonna screw the whole gang over.

I don't like the group being broken into different classes. Now we'll never get another dramatic classroom Chiba moment.

Milamber

Nanami Madobe >>>>>>>>>>>> whatever the hellspawn from Windows 8 are called.

NkOgvEQ.jpg

Excellent taste.

DiGiKerot

I don't want to spoil it, but the OAV episode from the second Girls und Panzer BD pulls a really, really weird left-field reference. It's pretty damn hilarious.

Quasar

Finished season one of A Certain Magical Index. Didn't mind it. Do want to see Toma/Mikoto happen.

Now..to watch season two or the spinoff? Does the order matter at all?

DiGiKerot

Finished season one of A Certain Magical Index. Didn't mind it. Do want to see Toma/Mikoto happen.

Now..to watch season two or the spinoff? Does the order matter at all?

It doesn't really matter. I'm inclined just to say watch Railgun because it's better, not to mention that's the order in which they were produced.

CorvoSol

The 08th MS Team 3

So this show pretty much is Vietnam Gundam. Today they teamed up with guerillas to raid a camp. Shiro accomplished this by being very pretty. Also some inappropriate pictures in a tank got stolen.

Novid

Banned
sorry to be crass here, but wouldnt laststation would have much larger behind and chest now were all enamored with 8GB of GDDR5?

Branduil

sorry to be crass here, but wouldnt laststation would have much larger behind and chest now were all enamored with 8GB of GDDR5?

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

Kagami

So what are the best anime from this season anyway?

I get the feeling I'm asking a question that has been asked and answered over 9,000 times in this thread.

I'm enjoying Haganai NEXT the most, but it's a sequel, so it'd depend on whether you liked the first season.

sonicmj1

Have I missed any exciting developments lately or can I go back to ignoring anime?

Syrinx is watching Utena.

From the New World is pretty good.

Besides that...

My harsh reaction to the horribly conceived climax aside, and the godawful CG, the worst part of the movie is just how boring it was. It's a mundane and generic action movie with none of the creativity from the TV series. The direction was often flat, the pacing was horrible, I didn't care about anything going on in the movie, and the tech-savvy scenes with smartphones and hacking and whatever were just embarrassing.

The worst thing about the movie is that it's not so-bad-its-good, but rather its so-mediocre-its-totally-forgettable. Meh. :/

There were a few action scenes that I thought worked well, but it's definitely true that everything around it is, at best, forgettable. As in, if I'm not explicitly reminded, I tend to forget I saw this movie. All the weak stuff probably bothered me less because I barely understood things anyway.

Thinking back to how all the side characters were handled, I guess I should have seen Psycho-Pass coming, huh?

Kagami

So I just started watching this Kaibutsu anime as ordered.

And since I'm not fluent in Japanese I just want to ask...
jKY0wOVWqcrTt.png

DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THIS SHIT?
Here we go again...

In a comic written for women by a woman, in a culture in which the word "rape" (not the concept, but the word itself) is not treated as a sacred cow, a character can say a movie bad-guy-sounding line using that word, and it will come off as comedic in the same manner as if he had said, "Make one peep and I pop a cap in yo ass."

CorvoSol

Precisely.

Record of Lodoss War 13

Such a freaking awesome finale. Bad guy vs bad guy. Dragons fighting in the sky. Zombie werewolves. Back to back heroes. Spock gets his face split in two and keeps on going. Deed's super sexy evil sacrifice dress. Parn going totally and completely awesome mode. Blood werewolf demons. A big ol' heroic finale and a literal ride into the sunset.

Freaking awesome way to finish the show.

sonicmj1

Translation: I don't mean to be lewd, but wouldn't [the anthropomorphic representation of] Playstation [in Hyperdimension Neptunia] have big breasts and boobs, since we're all fixated on its 8GB of GDDR5 RAM?

cajunator

Banned
Its not as fun when we can understand what Novid is saying.

Anyway,

Futari Wa Precure 29

Nagisa and Honoka go to a summer festival. They wear yukatas.
Honoka in a yukata. Yes this episode was awesome.
Oh and villain #3 showed up.
I want a plush of Porun so bad. I would hug it daily.

Jintor

Hyperneptunia has always been one of those things I kind of want to get into because the gaming industry lolz seems like they could potentially be awesome but everything I hear about the delivery always makes me think 'huh'

Also, obviously, very Japanese-gaming industry focused and I don't really know shit about it

CorvoSol

Rin-Ne no Lagrange 12

I held it together until she couldn't finish her "Maru". Then I sniffled a bit. Rinne no Lagrange is the heartwarming tale of giant robots, lesbians, and flowers. Pandering was utterly shameless, but the story was charming to the point I didn't care. Moid is definitely up to something sinister, though.

Should I watch Season 2?

Aw heck, I'm gonna watch Season 2.

CorvoSol

Please don't.

Is it that bad? I wanna know if Lan and Muginami come back!

He survived gundam AGE. That show will be a treat by comparison.

And at the same time I didn't survive Rah Xephon. Not sure what this says about me anymore.

Seriously Even if season 2 is what it is there are still some good points within.
And his comments will be fun to read too.

I think the best thing to say here is that I enjoyed parts of Gundam SEED Destiny, so I should be able to take this in stride. Even if my rule of thumb is that Mecha sequels are rarely as good as their progenitors.

GaoGaiGar 6

Everyone is so nice in this show. It's a really heartwarming kinda feeling. That Mamoru is voiced by Ash does not decrease how much I feel taken back to the safe world of my childhood by this show. Seizure lights are bad, but otherwise, it's sort of refreshing after all the BUUUUH GRIM DARK GRITTY REAL of Gundam and so many other Mecha shows.

Shergal

Tamako Market 8

mazuitamakomarket08c07e.jpg

Awesome episode, up there with 3 and 6 for me. The gags with the music were hilarious, I wasn't expecting something like that lol.
I think Choi has normalized a bit compared to her introduction, she wasn't as played up this time even if a lot of the focus went into her.
The direction is as expected from Takemoto, superb comedic timing and nice framing throughout. I liked the dinner scene and the walking to school part.

This show has been great since the so-so episode 5, hoping episode 9 will be up to par.

TMS Entertainment? Simulcast Detective Conan? =]

I would love it if they did that.

I won't get my hopes up, though. Being an English speaking Conan fan is suffering.

It's funny you bring that series up, because apparently Funimation is listing old episodes from the start of Case Closed on their streaming schedule.

FUNimation remembering they have Conan? It will probably lead to nothing, though.

Guy can't even keep his own name straight, man.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 2

COULD CHIBODEE BE MORE MURICAN? I think not. He's hilariously 'Murican in every way and I love it. This was a good episode, with Domon concluding "You're one of the good guys."

Pretty much. As you'll quickly realize, stereotypes are all over the place in this series, and it's the best kind of hilarious.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rin-Ne no Lagrange 12

I held it together until she couldn't finish her "Maru". Then I sniffled a bit. Rinne no Lagrange is the heartwarming tale of giant robots, lesbians, and flowers. Pandering was utterly shameless, but the story was charming to the point I didn't care. Moid is definitely up to something sinister, though.

Should I watch Season 2?

Aw heck, I'm gonna watch Season 2.

Do it

Dresden

tamako market - 08

It's too bad that the secondhand clothing experience is difficult to replicate on screen--the lingering smell you try to ignore, the missing buttons, "abandoned" wallets below the aisles and the odd cigarette butt left in the pockets. Not to mention the almost quixotic quest for That One Shirt.

It's odd but, being a beneficiary of an intensely Southwestern education it was hard to ignore the unfortunate implications of stuffing Choi into the school uniform. Cue flashbacks of long rambling essays about cultural appropriation and the loss of societal identity as young Navajo girls suffered silently in distant boarding schools, their skin color marking them out as alien in some white-Eastern setting.

---

Great episode, though. The best since 3 and 6, and the funniest one so far. Lovely timing, and that transition halfway through where Beethoven kicks in was good stuff. Weirdly ironic that Takemoto's excellent episode follows Ishihara's rather lackluster effort.

Could they be more adorable? I'm glad there was a bit more focus on Kanna this episode.

cajunator

Banned
tamako market - 08

It's too bad that the secondhand clothing experience is difficult to replicate on screen--the lingering smell you try to ignore, the missing buttons, "abandoned" wallets below the aisles and the odd cigarette butt left in the pockets. Not to mention the almost quixotic quest for That One Shirt.

It's odd but, being a beneficiary of an intensely Southwestern education it was hard to ignore the unfortunate implications of stuffing Choi into the school uniform. Cue flashbacks of long rambling essays about cultural appropriation and the loss of societal identity as young Navajo girls suffered silently in distant boarding schools, their skin color marking them out as alien in some white-Eastern setting.

---

Great episode, though. The best since 3 and 6, and the funniest one so far. Lovely timing, and that transition halfway through where Beethoven kicks in was good stuff. Weirdly ironic that Takemoto's excellent episode follows Ishihara's rather lackluster effort.

Could they be more adorable? I'm glad there was a bit more focus on Kanna this episode.

I reckon they could if they had cat ears, but thats what fanart is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom