• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-On! 11

jACYX2Y.jpg

lVaIOO2.jpg

CELIVbf.jpg

jdmgOPB.jpg

Names the guitar, doesn't name the band.

Time to prepare for another school festival, but there's always some problems. Yui's guitar is all messed up, Mio and Ritsu have a fight and people are getting sick. Luckily all the problems gets solved and the band even gets a name!

Another touching moment when Mio and Ritsu makes up after fighting. I actually forgot about most of what happened this episode, so it was nice to watch it again.

CorvoSol

Well, like I recommended earlier, just skip to Yami, and then call it good.

Edit: Oh wait, there's Sukeban Deka, which is short and actually isn't that bad considering. It's just silly.

Silly is better than mindblowingly stale. What about Street Fighter, tho?

It's not really that noticeable to be fair. I mean don't get me wrong Katz is awful but that doesn't knock too much on the middle of the show.

Oh sure, he ramps up the awful in stages, but I'm calling the show downhill from this point mostly because Katz was introduced at this point and Katz is reason #1 that Zeta is the weakest of the Zeon trilogy.

cnet128

Banned
Sabagebu character designs http://moca-news.net/article/20140322/201403220900a/01/ cast: Ayaka Ohashi, Yumi Uchiyama, Rumi Ōkubo, Lynn, Nao Tōyama

In Ohta and Aoshima we trust.

Kill la Kill 23

Yep, that was a damn fine penultimate episode. As I've heard others saying, I got real Gurren Lagann vibes at points during this episode, which can only be a good thing. Mako's awesomeness did not disappoint, and she wasn't alone - basically all the characters were at maximum badass level.

Except Nonon, who was just at maximum hawtness level. Dat ultimate uniform. Mmmmm.

Bakemonogatari - 3

Okay, that is the coolest park ever.

AcWXLZD.png

Must...Resist..urge to make....avatar!
0lgYbdK.png

Who the hell wrote GUILTY and NOT GUILTY on this map? The Inferno Cop judge?

Araragi, you do realize if a cop just so happened to be passing by while you were, oh having a fight with a grade school girl half your size, you would have been screwed right?

Funny little episode, I'm surprised I was actually able to remain invested in what they were saying since 75% of the episode consisted of Araragi and Senjougahara just talking. The dialogue between them was funny.

Tenumi

Banned
Sora no Method site update:

http://sora-no-method.jp/

Starts in Fall 2014

Director: Masayuki Sakoi
Series Composition: Naoki Hisaya
Original Character Design: QP:Flapper
Anime Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Yukie Akitani
Animation Production: Studio 3Hz

I was looking around for a start date and couldn't find one. Thanks for posting that. I'm kind of intrigued by the character designs.

No-rin 11

Ringo might remain cutest in the universe but those twins are seriously adorable.

Drama filled back story that can't help but make you feel.

Continue to be impress over how well this show manages to balance out the comedy and serious moments.

Loved the ending. That song and smiled capped off such a wonderful episode.

Mr.Jeff

More Black Butler in July http://otakomu.jp/archives/75350.html add. cast mentioned: Mamoru Miyano, Takuma Terashima, Nobuhiko Okamoto, Ayahi Takagaki
Having no idea about the other two series and how they ended, I wonder if the original cast will be involved as well? Miyano's enough on his own but if they add in Fukuyama, Ono and Sakurai, there'll be damp sheets worldwide from thousands of rampant fujoshi.

Just tried a bit of Magaka to Assistant. That is not what I expected. Still curious though. I mean...Engaged to the Unidentified is a 4-koma so its not like that can be turned into something interesting for an anime.
The manga is really one note and yet it manages to capture the spirit of those old harem-esque comedies where you want to keep reading despite that because it's still somehow enjoyable. Plus delicious blush-faces help.

Anyway....

Strike Witches - The Movie
Basically Yoshika is some kind of magical witch Jesus. I await the moment she turns into a newtype.
Film itself is mostly an unashamed exploration of the original 501 and numerous other witches and it takes until about 2/3's through before they suddenly remember about the plot.
It's still a really stupid series is a good number of ways and yet....I'll probably watch the third season without too much pressure. I call this Infinite Stratos Syndrome.

Edit: If I knew it wouldn't destroy their budget, I'd much prefer if they did the next series in a way similar to the movie. As much as the 501 are fun, it's a nicer image of a war-torn world by cutting to various different squadrons.

cajunator

Banned
Parasyte home page http://www.ntv.co.jp/kiseiju/ nothing new except a teaser visual

whats this like another Pupa?

Sabagebu character designs http://moca-news.net/article/20140322/201403220900a/01/ cast: Ayaka Ohashi, Yumi Uchiyama, Rumi Ōkubo, Lynn, Nao Tōyama

Fuck yes Cencoroll 2 lives!! http://moca-news.net/article/20140322/201403220900b/01/

PV reup: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1irs38 (1080p no recompression from youtube)

Omg Cencorolllllll
*squees at the cute weirdness

Strike Witches - The Movie
Basically Yoshika is some kind of magical witch Jesus. I await the moment she turns into a newtype.
Film itself is mostly an unashamed exploration of the original 501 and numerous other witches and it takes until about 2/3's through before they suddenly remember about the plot.
It's still a really stupid series is a good number of ways and yet....I'll probably watch the third season without too much pressure. I call this Infinite Stratos Syndrome.
Mission accomplished once again, also thankfully there's no Ichika so SW couldn't be as bad as Infinite Stratos if it tried!

Midonin

Sakura Trick 11

This is the most boob-focused yuri series I've seen - and I've seen my fair share of those. Sumisumi's adorable, and the idea of Mitsuki instigating a kissing ban is destroying the very foundations of this series. It's simple jealousy, but it's clear there's really only one way to end this - unlock the Sonoda Sisters route and go for the threesome,

Vito

Banned
whats this like another Pupa?

Nah

They arrive in silence and darkness. They descend from the skies. They have a hunger for human flesh. They are everywhere. They are parasites, alien creatures who must invade - and take control of - a human host to survive. And once they have infected their victims, they can assume any deadly form they choose: monsters with giant teeth, winged demons, creatures with blades for hands. But most have chosen to conceal their lethal purpose behind ordinary human faces. So no one knows their secret - except an ordinary high school student. Shinji is battling for control of his own body against an alien parasite, but can he find a way to warn humanity of the horrors to come?

Edit: nevermind, duck just posted it, I was quoting him anyways.

CorvoSol

77d8IgE.gif

PITY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nice to know someone read the review but also concerning since the review contained some pretty big spoilers. Hopefully you didn't spoil yourself.

I'll be perfectly honest. I got spoiled on how Toradora ended a long time ago (I was planning on watching it at one point, but because of that, I held off on it.)

I'm in the dark on everything else in the show though, so I figure I might as well watch the show and see how it does its romantic comedy aspects. I'll just go into Toradora with the expectation of it being "Not better than Clannad After Story" so I won't be disappointed.

If it contains spoilers, why didn't you use spoiler tags?

At the very top of the review I say it contains spoilers. I am still working on some of the formatting.

Edit: So I just went back and added some spoiler tags but actually I am surprised how spoiler free it is. I literally spoil nothing till the last two paragraphs which I added tags on. So if anyone hasn't read it because of spoilers it's safe now. The only thing it "spoils" is the premise of the show.

I'll be perfectly honest. I got spoiled on how Toradora ended a long time ago (I was planning on watching it at one point, but because of that, I held off on it.)

I'm in the dark on everything else in the show though, so I figure I might as well watch the show and see how it does its romantic comedy aspects. I'll just go into Toradora with the expectation of it being "Not better than Clannad After Story" so I won't be disappointed.

That's how I did it. :)

CorvoSol

Bakemonogatari - 3

Okay, that is the coolest park ever.

Araragi, you do realize if a cop just so happened to be passing by while you were, oh having a fight with a grade school girl half your size, you would have been screwed right?

Funny little episode, I'm surprised I was actually able to remain invested in what they were saying since 75% of the episode consisted of Araragi and Senjougahara just talking. The dialogue between them was funny.

Just so you know: if you pick a loli as your favorite waifu from this show, I may burn you in effigy.

Vito

Banned
Some PVs are shown at booths, some are premiered over streams like the Tamako Market ones so they'll get reupped in shitty quality, Kevin commented on two:

Full Jojo Stardust Crusaders PV: AMAZING YuruYuri OVA PV: Words, nothing

There should also be a new Break Blade PV for the TV series with some news scenes. FSN PV is being played at the ufotable booth.

cajunator

Banned
Well, like I recommended earlier, just skip to Yami, and then call it good.

Edit: Oh wait, there's Sukeban Deka, which is short and actually isn't that bad considering. It's just silly.

yes this. Sukeban is a classic too. Its not horrific.

New PV for No Game No Life, featuring Konomi Suzuki's OP song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV7nGIUuyzA

Kamigami no Asobi PV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW5r60YFruw

hhhhhnnnnnnnhhggghhh

I think it's the foxgirl you see at about the 1:09 mark.

edit: yep, definitely is her.

ON MY LIST. MUST SEE TV.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kill la Kill 23

Pretty by the numbers but still SO FUCKING GOOD. So goddamn ready for the finale. It's almost here, animeGAF! CAN YOU FEEL IT?!

Wait...this ED sounds a little wro- O.O

OMG LET'S FUCKING GO RIGHT NOW FUCK DON'T MAKE ME WAIT A WEEK

Golden Time 23

Dude...my heart...this episode was just tugging the whole time warning that the inevitable will happen, that's it's going to happen, and watching Banri and the rest of crew deal with that truth in their own way was really quite power.

Oh man...that ending... ;_;

Pupa 11

This show is just so fucking dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom