• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Tutu 26 END

I forgot my witty comme--- oh wait I remembered.

Thanks to the Duck, Copies of Final Fantasy 8 were destroyed that day.

Well I liked it... but not to the extent some people give it. That's about as much as I can say.

At least I finished it. Can't say the same for CCS

cajunator

Banned
Princess Tutu 26 END

I forgot my witty comme--- oh wait I remembered.

Thanks to the Duck, Copies of Final Fantasy 8 were destroyed that day.

Well I liked it... but not to the extent some people give it. That's about as much as I can say.

At least I finished it. Can't say the same for CCS

finish CCS..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, Tutu is good overall and delightfully meta, but it's really uneven and doesn't earn itself a spot with the S Tier magical girl shows by any means. Maybe not even A Tier.

Aww why not? It's so cute.

It went slice of life after a heaping moments of interesting character building (no matter how bizarre it was). And it lasted for far too long, considering nothing was really being built upon, and everyone stayed one dimensional. Nevermind recurring characteristics like being afraid of ghosts. It just slowed down to a crawl to keep my interest.

Articalys

New mecha show announced: Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen. Airing Summer 2014.

http://www.argevollen.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHpHFaKdNJU
UjTJnQ4.jpg
Director: Atsushi Ootsuki (Working!! S2, TLRD)
Series Composition: Tatsuo Sato (Martian Successor Nadesico, Bodacious Space Pirates)
Character Design: Yuichi Ouka (To Love Ru series)
Mechanical Design: Hirame Kikuchi, Kenji Teraoka (Code Geass, Valvrave, Gundam 00, many, many more)
Setting and Research: Shigeru Morita (Code Geass, Gundam Seed)
Music: Kotaro Nakagawa (Code Geass)
OP artist: KOTOKO
ED artist: Sachika Misawa
Animation Production: XEBEC

Announced cast:
Ryota Ohsaka
Saori Onishi
Hiroshi Tsuchida
Sayaka Ohara

Lurky

It went slice of life after a heaping moments of interesting character building (no matter how bizarre it was). And it lasted for far too long, considering nothing was really being built upon, and everyone stayed one dimensional. Nevermind recurring characteristics like being afraid of ghosts. It just slowed down to a crawl to keep my interest.
Oh that's too bad. I just liked the show because it was cute.
The cutest show not named Hidamari Sketch.

Is it a bad thing that I haven't seen hidamari sketch yet?

Bombless

Samurai Flamenco 21

[Darkness intensifies]

How many episodes is the series supposed to be? This definitely feels like an end arc.

Noirulus

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san 01 - 13 (END)

I enjoyed this a lot. Bee is effing disgusting but his interactions with Azazel brought many laughs! Needs more Akutabe-san, he's seemingly always missing.

Undine episodes were awesome, too.

Sakuma is the highlight of the series. Mai waifu.

Detroit Metal City

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Baka Test

Cromartie High

School Rumble

Some of these are not exactly super modern but they aren't terribly outdated. I know more but unfortunately it's late and i can't think terribly well. If none of these appeal to you just let us know and I'll give you more.

I'll check out Detroit Metal City and Cromartie, as I recall hearing good things about both. Thanks!

I've tried Seitokai Yakuindemo before and I hated the 4-koma nature of it. 4-komas just aren't meant to be produced into anime IMO (I'll gladly eat my words if someone knows of a series that's succeeded in doing this)

School Rumble -> I've read the manga, no interest in watching it.
BakaTest -> Read a few chapters of the manga, might give it a try.
Zetsubou Sensei -> I watched the first season years ago, it was decent but nothing more IMO.

Gonna watch Azazel Z nao

EDIT: OMG MORE JOJO YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Articalys

Sakura Trick ep.11

Despite everything, I'm going to play the pessimist and still think it's going to be an open ending.

Dunno why they introduced such a fun character in the second-to-last episode...

Lurky

Sakura Trick ep.11

Despite everything, I'm going to play the pessimist and still think it's going to be an open ending.

Dunno why they introduced such a fun character in the second-to-last episode...
Shows always to that in the hopes for a second season. Which leads me to believe that your first thought is true.
Sakura Trick 11

Seriously, I'm hoping there's some form of giving a dog a bone.

At least Love Hina did that much for the losers.

The losers get nothing and they will like it! ...Mitsuki... ;-;

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I know, samurai flamenco, sakura trick, silver spoons, I believe hajime no ippo aswell and kill la kill all end next week :( winter season turned out waaayyy better than animegaf was expecting.
edit: well 3 of the shows I listed started in fall season but a part of winter season the same!

I really wish I didn't read that. But now I'm more hyped though. :eek:

This is a scene from extremely early on in the story, which was skipped over in its entirety during both previous adaptations of FSN. It's one of those weird moments that seem relatively insignificant unless you know who these characters actually are.

Articalys

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance confirmed to start in July. Official PV from Media Factory (no animation, just charcter introductions and voices):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT_ru_wU2D8

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-22728.html
Cast:
Makoto Furukawa (male MC)
Ibuki Kido
Kana Yuki
Shizuka Ishigami
Saori Onishi
Ai Kakuma

Staff:
Director: Tetsuya Yanagisawa
Series Composition: Takao Yoshioka
Character Design: Makai Fuji
Animation Production: TNK
(High School DxD director, writer, and studio again, plus the chief AD now on chara design)
By the way, this is the fourth of the five MF Bunko LN anime adaptations that were announced last summer to have its airing date finalized. The only one left after this is Madan no Ou to Vanadis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom