• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 DLC comes out today (Free if you own WipEout HD or Fury, crossplay)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/19/two-wipeout-2048-dlc-packs-on-psn-today/

PS Vita owners, get those engines ready: WipEout HD and Fury expansion packs are set to hit PS Vita today. For the first time ever, the most jaw-dropping, adrenaline-fueled anti-gravity racers combine — WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048 are together at last! For those of you who are fans of WipEout HD on the PS3 we have some great news for you: WipEout HD and WipEout HD Fury have been reimagined for PS Vita and are ready to be unleashed as expansion packs for WipEout 2048. Now you can experience the freedom of WipEout HD Fury on PS Vita and compete against pilots across the world whenever you want, wherever you are.

Starting today, two new WipEout 2048 DLC packs will be available for PS Vita on PlayStation Store. The first pack is the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Add-On Pack” for $7.99, which includes the full single-player WipEout HD campaign mode and all of the WipEout HD online multiplayer tracks. With 12 new tracks for your PS Vita (including eight reverse tracks), 12 additional ships, and a Zone Mode Ship, you’ll be put to the test after conquering WipEout 2048. As an added bonus, you’ll have access to an additional 12 crossplay tracks outside of the original four tracks included in WipEout 2048 for simultaneous multiplayer action on your PS3 and PS Vita.

Also launching today is the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Fury Add-On Pack” for $7.99, which includes the full single-player WipEout HD Fury campaign mode with all 12 tracks (including four reverse tracks and four Zone Mode tracks), 24 ships to choose from, and a Zone Mode Ship. The HD Fury Add-On pack also gives you access to another 12 crossplay tracks, granting you a ton of options when racing against your friends online.

If you’d like to own both of these new DLC packs, we’re offering a special bundle package for a value price of $12.99. With the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Fury Bundle,” you’ll receive all 24 beautifully designed WipEout HD tracks, 12 reverse tracks, four Zone Mode tracks, all 24 ships from the Wipeout HD titles, plus a Zone Mode ship and full crossplay access.

To make this deal even sweeter, we’ve got a special promotion that will let you experience WipEout’s exhilarating crossplay action on both PS3 and PS Vita. For those of you who already own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on your PS3, you can automatically download the PS Vita versions for free! And the same works vice-versa as well: Anyone who purchases these new WipEout HD expansion packs from PlayStation Store on their PS Vita can download the packs for free on their PS3.

With two full games’ worth of new expansion content, and free content for existing owners, you’d be wise to jump on PSN later this afternoon and download this great new content. We look forward to seeing you on the track!

Carl

In Europe they're €7.99/£6.49 each, or €12.99/£9.99 for the "game pack" which includes both.

This DLC is insanely awesome. I can't wait!! 2048 was already good but having Wipeout HD/Fury in my pocket is crazy.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was just about to post a thread. Close call. Definitely gonna be playing this tonight, it'll be good to have team Harimau back.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm a little confused; there's no actual new content for WipeOut HD/PS3, just for 2048/Vita, right?

Right. The only impact this will have on PS3 players is the increased amount of tracks that will be available for crossplay with Vita players.

Carl

So for someone that only owns 2048 the best course of action is buy HD/Fury?

I get the impression that buying the dlc gets you hd/fury on PS3 as well.

EU Blog

Pilots who own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on their PS3 are automatically entitled to download the PS Vita versions at no extra charge via Cross-Buy. Vice-versa anyone who purchases the expansions from the PlayStation Store on their PS Vita is entitled to download them at no extra charge on their PS3!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
holy shit. yesssssssssssss! Was just wondering the other day when this was coming out. The answer is NOW I guess?

It is a great deal and considering they gave both Wipeout HD and Fury away for free with PS+, and you got Wipeout 2048 for free for putting £5 credit on your 3G Vita its an even better deal :)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Damn, $12.99 gets me Wipeout HD plus Fury on both my Vita and PS3?! I'm going to have to get in on this!

Question: Can I play on my Vita against another household member who's on my PS3?

pwack

As primarily a handheld gamer, I have only played Pure and 2048. I found I like Pure a lot better - tighter tracks and visuals seemed cleaner/less distracting. In fact, while I've played a decent amount of 2048, I ran out of steam in the third season where difficulty ramped up. Given these preferences, what should I expect from HD? It looks to be more like Pure, but is that the case?

KalBalboa

Banned
Cross-play and cross-platform content. Free if you own the PS3 version.

tumblr_m3jp5eT0bs1r0ckzpo5_250.gif

Good times.

As a primarily handheld gamer, I have only played Pure and 2048. I found I like Pure a lot better - tighter tracks and visuals seemed cleaner/less distracting. In fact, while I've played a decent amount of 2048, I ran out of steam in the third season where difficulty ramped up. Given these preferences, what should I expect from HD? It looks to be more like Pure, but is that the case?

I'm a huge fan of Pure and while I like 2048 I thought Pure was a lot better. That said, I'm a huge fan of HD as well. I think the track design is a lot better than 2048. I played the shit out of HD on my PS3 a few years ago and absolutely loved it.

I think you may enjoy HD a lot more than 2048.

theBishop

Banned
It'll be great to have Wipeout right on the memory card. I bought the retail version of 2048. Also, HD's online modes are SO MUCH BETTER. On PSP, the Wipeout games were famous for having great free post-release content. It's awesome to see Sony Liverpool topping themselves on Vita.

theBishop

Banned
As primarily a handheld gamer, I have only played Pure and 2048. I found I like Pure a lot better - tighter tracks and visuals seemed cleaner/less distracting. In fact, while I've played a decent amount of 2048, I ran out of steam in the third season where difficulty ramped up. Given these preferences, what should I expect from HD? It looks to be more like Pure, but is that the case?

I'm pretty sure HD repackaged a lot of the content from Pure. Although Fury contained many new tracks.

It'll be great to have Wipeout right on the memory card. I bought the retail version of 2048. Also, HD's online modes are SO MUCH BETTER. On PSP, the Wipeout games were famous for having great free post-release content. It's awesome to see Sony Liverpool topping themselves on Vita.

I'm assuming you will need to have the 2048 card in the Vita to launch the HD/Fury content. Not sure how they're doing this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That is one confusing blog post entry.

Basically it's $7.99 for each DLC, $12.99 if you want both. Free if you already own HD/Fury respectively.

Regardless how you buy, you'll get the PS3 version and Vita DLC with 1 price

This is so great for me since I own HD and Fury through PS+ but haven't played either for very long. For some reason I just enjoy WipEout more on handhelds (2048 was great) so this is fantastic news.

Goldrusher

Europe as well:

First up is the ‘WipEout Complete Game Pack‘
In the pack you will get both WipEout HD and Fury Single Player Campaign Modes. All 24 tracks – including 12 reverse tracks and 4 Zone Mode tracks. All 24 ships plus a Zone Mode Ship to choose from along with Full Cross-Play access at €12.99/£9.99.

Second is The ‘WipEout HD Game Pack‘
This one includes the full Single player WipEout HD Campaign Mode. 12 tracks – including 8 reverse tracks to choose from, 12 ships plus a Zone Mode Ship and extended Cross-Play access €7.99/£6.49.

Last but not least is the ‘WipEout HD Fury Game Pack‘
In the pack is the full Single player WipEout HD Fury campaign Mode to get to grips with. 12 tracks – including 4 reverse tracks and 4 Zone Mode tracks, 24 ships to choose from plus a Zone Mode Ship and extended Cross-Play access at €7.99/£6.49.​

Pilots who own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on their PS3 are automatically entitled to download the PS Vita versions at no extra charge via Cross-Buy.

Vice-versa anyone who purchases the expansions from the PlayStation Store on their PS Vita is entitled to download them at no extra charge on their PS3!

7401214712_9b18456637_b.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...-expansion-packs-set-to-hit-ps-vita-tomorrow/

Not really DLC if you ask me, as these are straight up WipEout HD and Fury ports.

Why not a handful original tracks ?!

I also think the levels of 2048 are too busy looking, especially combined with the effects, like vapor trails. It is often hard to see where you're going. I can't imagine how difficult the game must be for newcomers. I really hate the blocking elements on the tracks that make you stop completely, they really take the speed out of the game.

Pure and Pulse were great (as ofcourse WO1, WO2097/XL and WO3se), HD is a lot less busy looking, so you will probably enjoy it (and it has racebox).

As a proud owner of the WipEout PS3 pack, which includes the Fury disk version, as well as owning the digital version, I will enjoy my free WO-HD levels on the Vita. Already have Pure and Pulse installed and they are really smooth and sharp looking on the Vita.

Ardenyal

Oh, so this will have full SP campaigns aswell. Thought it was just the tracks for MP based on previous info. Good stuff.

Carl

Confirmed on EU blog comments that it's free even if you downloaded WipeoutHD/Fury through PS+ or the Welcome Back programme

Just in case you were in any doubt

Somebody, correct me if I'm wrong, but Wipeout HD is basically Pure and Pusle in HD for PS3. It takes some tracks from Pure and Pulse, but with much better graphics. Fury has new content though.

Top Bottom