• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 DLC comes out today (Free if you own WipEout HD or Fury, crossplay)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here are the trophies btw

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/wipeout-2048/trophies/

DLC: Wipeout HD
Cost: TBD Trophies: 11

Step into HD
Play any event in the HD campaign
Uplift Champion
Complete all events in the Uplift campaign
Warped Champion
Complete all events in the Warped campaign
Frenzy Champion
Complete all events in the Frenzy campaign
Vertigo Champion
Complete all events in the Vertigo campaign
Head Rush Champion
Complete all events in the Head Rush campaign
Speed Freak Champion
Complete all events in the Speed Freak campaign
Dropzone Champion
Complete all events in the Dropzone campaign
Meltdown Champion
Complete all events in the Meltdown campaign
2048 - WipEout HD All Complete
Complete all WipEout HD events, obtaining any medal
2048 - WipEout HD All Gold
Complete all WipEout HD events, obtaining all Gold medals

DLC: Wipeout HD Fury
Cost: TBD Trophies: 11

Leap into Fury
Play any event in the Fury campaign
Blitzed Champion
Complete all events in the Blitzed campaign
Impact Champion
Complete all events in the Impact campaign
Voltage Champion
Cmplete all events in the Voltage campaign
Turbulence Champion
Complete all events in the Turbulence campaign
Vortex Champion
Complete all events in the Vortex campaign
Corruption Champion
Complete all events in the Corruption campaign
Nuked Champion
Complete all events in the Nuked campaign
Aftermath Champion
Complete all events in the Aftermath campaign
2048 - WipEout HD Fury All Complete
Complete all WipEout HD Fury events, obtaining any medal
2048 - WipEout HD Fury All Gold
Complete all WipEout HD Fury events, obtaining all Gold medals

Oh, so this will have full SP campaigns aswell. Thought it was just the tracks for MP based on previous info. Good stuff.

Nope.

They heard we like Wipeout so they're putting Wipeout in our Wipeout so we can play Wipeout while we play Wipeout.

PaulLFC

This is great news. I own HD/Fury on PS3 and 2048 on Vita, so definitely grabbing the DLC for 2048 tonight. It'll be like having 3 games in 1!

FireCloud

Don't know who this affects, but Wipeout HD/Fury and 2048 have to be purchased under the same account to get the free DLC. (as I would have expected)

If you buy Wipeout HD in PS US and now have PSVita on EU account you won’t get free W2048 DLC, right?
The content is linked to your purchase history in your account. Unfortunately if you own it on two accounts, you won’t be able to get the content free

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/19/get-those-engines-ready-wipeout-hd-and-fury-expansion-packs-set-to-hit-ps-vita-tomorrow/

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Nope.

They heard we like Wipeout so they're putting Wipeout in our Wipeout so we can play Wipeout while we play Wipeout.

And with cross play you can play Wipeout while playing Wipeout in your Wipeout.

I demand masterclass videos of someone racing against themselves in cross play while manipulating the PS3 controller with their toes.

Shahed

Confirmed on EU blog comments that it's free even if you downloaded WipeoutHD/Fury through PS+ or the Welcome Back programme

Just in case you were in any doubt
That's what I was wondering. Nice, I guess I'll download them tomorrow. I shouldn't need a Vita to add them to my account right?

pwack

Somebody, correct me if I'm wrong, but Wipeout HD is basically Pure and Pusle in HD for PS3. It takes some tracks from Pure and Pulse, but with much better graphics. Fury has new content though.

That sounds awesome -- totally happy to see both old tracks in HD goodness and new (to me) content.

Now I just have to finish up Gravity Daze. Then I have to chose whether to start MGSHD or focus on this. Also, I wanted to try Mutant Blobs. Man, for a console supposedly with no games, I have developed a relatively hefty backlog in less than a week!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
To make this deal even sweeter, we’ve got a special promotion that will let you experience WipEout’s exhilarating crossplay action on both PS3 and PS Vita. For those of you who already own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on your PS3, you can automatically download the PS Vita versions for free!

!! What? I can get a free version for my Vita because I bought the PS3 version and DLC way back? Wow if true.

RS4-

I don't have access to my PS3 atm but how much is Wipeout on PSN for PS3? On Vita?

Which is the cheaper route lol.

Carl

!! What? I can get a free version for my Vita because I bought the PS3 version and DLC way back? Wow if true.

yes, if you own Wipeout HD/Fury on PS3, you can download it for free on Vita (as long as you use the same account).

I don't have access to my PS3 atm but how much is Wipeout on PSN for PS3? On Vita?

Which is the cheaper route lol.

Costs the same whichever way you do it

Dunan

someone racing against themselves in cross play while manipulating the PS3 controller with their toes.

I did the enxt best thing when trying to obtain the WOHD Gemini trophy, in which you have to complete 20 or so two-player races, despite not having any Wipeout-loving friends.

I gave myself the challenge of using two controllers and manipulating them simultaneously to finish both first and second. Lowest difficulty setting and pilot assist on, of course; didn't want it to be ridiculous.

It was surprisingly fun and I highly recommend giving it a try. Anulpha Pass is ideal, and you'll quickly figure out where you have to be paying attention to your ship and when you can focus on the other one. Autopilot pickups will be like gold!

Try it; you'll like it!

VanWinkle

This is seriously insanely amazing. Biggest DLC I've ever seen. I mean, they're basically adding two full PS3 games to the Vita game as DLC for cheap or free if you already have them on ps3. I assume we have to wait until the store updates? I'm extremely excited.

-Amon-

I did the enxt best thing when trying to obtain the WOHD Gemini trophy, in which you have to complete 20 or so two-player races, despite not having any Wipeout-loving friends.

I gave myself the challenge of using two controllers and manipulating them simultaneously to finish both first and second. Lowest difficulty setting and pilot assist on, of course; didn't want it to be ridiculous.

It was surprisingly fun and I highly recommend giving it a try. Anulpha Pass is ideal, and you'll quickly figure out where you have to be paying attention to your ship and when you can focus on the other one. Autopilot pickups will be like gold!

Try it; you'll like it!

Lol it came to mind the distant times i used to play Tennis on the intellivision by myself. It did not have AI so when i did not have friends near but i still wanted to play i played both players with two controllers in hand.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Sounds great, lucky I picked the Fury option for the Welcome Back programme as now I get the extra for free.

So I assume we still won't be able to pick and choose a course to race on still? It's annoying to not be able to just choose a zone mode race if I'm in the mood instead of having to do the campaign one.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Does the Vita version of Fury come with all its modes? Portable Zone Detonator is killer app material. Such awesomeness.

Arukado

DLC size:
  • WipEout HD Game Pack is 297MB.
  • WipEout HD Fury Game Pack is 265MB.
  • WipEout Complete Game Pack should be around 562MB.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've sold both my PS3 and Vita, but Wipeout HD is easily in the top five games I've played this gen. Easily.

Such a sexy game, and it feels more badass the better you get. The platinum is one of my proudest achievements in gaming, and I will continue to brag about it in every Wipeout topic ever.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Not if i'm reading this correctly. The Vita download isn't tied to 2048, it's tied to my copy of WipeoutHD on PS3.
My understanding is that the Vita version of HD/Fury is just 2048 DLC, you'll need 2048 to play them. If you've already purchased the PS3 versions of HD/Fury you'll get the 2048 DLC version for free. If you don't own the PS3 version, buying the 2048 DLC version will grant you the PS3 license.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
And for those of us who bought HD Fury on Blu-Ray?

Official Sony response -
Dtk7H.jpg

I knew I should have taken a digital copy of Wipeout HD over that shitty zombie game after the PSN hack.

Awesome news and great to get it for free!I wonder how the tracks will play on Vita ( the tracks on 2048 seem wider or am I wrong? ) Could mean I'll be bumping around more often:D

Oppo

Somebody, correct me if I'm wrong, but Wipeout HD is basically Pure and Pusle in HD for PS3. It takes some tracks from Pure and Pulse, but with much better graphics. Fury has new content though.

Essentially correct. Although even the Fury tracks are technically "old" (previous games). Really only the special Zone tracks are unique I think.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Fair enough. I'm sure if there was a way to do it, they would do - after all, it's benefitting them.

Yes, you are probably right. I was thinking they could have offered the download through the main menu of HD Fury itself but it probably wouldn't be worth the effort to patch the PS3 game again considering how many Blu-Ray copies are out there (I have no idea how well/badly it sold) and that method would still be open to abuse.

Dunan

How do you propose they confirm your ownership?

Download it through the PS3 with the WOHD/Fury disc in the drive?

Of course, he could be borrowing someone else's copy. Maybe they could make you put the disc back in every few months jus tto make sure you still own it.

They'd never do this, but I wish they'd do more for people who want to own physical copies.

Top Bottom