• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout HD's release date is September 25th (US, UK)

Your wipEout HD thirst will be quenched on September 25. Yes, that’s right, just 10 days from today. For just $19.99, wipEout HD will be available for download only and includes the following awesomeness:

* Full HD Visuals
* 5 Game Modes - Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode
* Online play that supports up to 8 racers competing on a track at a time
* 2-player split screen (horizontally and vertically) offline
* 8 reversible tracks and 12 teams
* Optional use of SIXAXIS motion controls to steer your ship
* A great soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 AND the option for custom playlists that allow you to race to whatever playlists you have on your HDD
* And more, including Trophy support, which we’ll outline for you in a future post - so keep your eyes peeled.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/15/wipeout-hd-officially-dated-priced/

Sony has confirmed WipEout HD will be released next week.

It's out on Thursday 25th September, to be precise, in both the UK and US. Over here it'll set you back GBP 11.99.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=238796

14ww3ep.jpg

332pedg.jpg

300ctmr.jpg

2wf7fcn.jpg

30jlp39.jpg

al29ht.jpg

2vjspx3.jpg

jzeeyp.jpg

Sweet, just before I move house and probably go internet-less for a while - it'll be fun to see how crap I am, not played Wipeout since well, Wipeout and I was crap then as well :lol

Contender approaching: download game of the year.
Hopefully by the end of the week SCEE get their stuff together and we see some reviews.

Roxas

WIN

Ive said it in other threads but September 24th/25th is so awesome for Digital Downloaders...Duke Nukem 3D, Megaman 9 and now Wipeout HD.

web01

Very nice.
Though the price is good I am a little worried how much $$$ they will milk from us with DLC considering the trend set with Wipeout Pulse.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'll be there from day one. Listening to SSH on the custom soundtracks.

Darkflight said:
Sweet, just before I move house and probably go internet-less for a while

I'll be going through that in October-November. I can't wait. :/

kevm3

Sony is practically giving this game away. I would've never expected a game with this much content in it to be priced at $20.00. More like 30 or 40. Excellent deal though. I'll definitely pick it up.

careful

Can't wait. :D

Just one comment: somehow these screens don't look as good as the earlier (bullshots?) released (AA, textures).

Top Bottom