• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

Vally

NExjrZ3.png

WIPEOUT IS BACK!

• GENRE > Anti-Gravity Racing
  • PLATFORM > PS4
  • RELEASE DATE > June 6th (NA) / June 7th (EU)
  • DEVELOPERS > Sony XDev Europe / Clever Beans / EPOS Game Studios
  • PUBLISHER > Sony Interactive Entertainment

Sf20jfV.png

09Shw5x.png
oeNT2sS.png
gKjEoAk.png

WipEout Omega Collection is a remaster of these three previous titles in the series: Wipeout HD / Wipeout HD Fury (PS3) and Wipeout 2048 (Vita). All the game modes from the original games are included, along with enhanced graphics (HDR tech for both PS4 and PS4 Pro!) and a new soundtrack.

WIPEOUT HD >
  • 12 TEAMS
    C0ijuKL.png
    FEISAR | Qirex-rd | Piranha Advancements | AG-Systems | Triakis | Goteki 45 | EG.X Technologies | Assegai Developements | Mirage | Harimau | Auricom | Icaras
  • 5 GAME MODES
    UUi0IMN.png
    Single Race | Tournament | Zone | Speed Lap | Time Trial
  • 8 TRACKS: Vineta K | Anulpha Pass | Moa Therma | Chenghou Project | Metropia | Sebenco Climb | Ubermall | Sol 2
WIPEOUT HD FURY >
  • 3 ADDITIONAL GAME MODES
    aM0LlWi.png
    Zone Battle | Eliminator | Detonator
  • NEW CAMPAIGN MODE
  • 8 ADDITIONAL TRACKS: Talon's Junction | The Amphiseum | Modesto Heights | Tech De Ra | Pro Tozo | Mallavol | Corridon 12 | Syncopia

WIPEOUT 2048 >
  • 5 TEAMS: FEISAR | Qirex | AG Systems | Auricom | Pir-hana. Since this is a prequel set in 2048, when the anti-gravity racing is beginning to emerge, there are not many established teams yet. However, each one of the teams has several ship variants (Speed, Fighter, Agility, Prototype) focusing on different strengths.
    MDY5lgM.png
  • 9 TRACKS: Unity Square | Metro Park | Queens Mall | Capital Reach | Empire Climb | Rockway Stadium | Downtown | Subway | Sol | Altima

Table with all the tracks and the game modes in which they're available.Thanks to Shin-Ra for making this!
34953128141_685fd707bc_o.png

FOR NEWCOMERS

Wipeout HD Fury: The basics
Wipeout 2048 - Beginners Tutorial

BqVQXox.png

RETAIL PRE-ORDER >
  • Steelbook edition of WipEout Omega Collection.
    vD07rJH.png
  • Downloadable PS4 themes featuring four WipEout teams: Feisar, Quirex, Auricom and AG-Sys.
    DLmlAhH.png
  • Some retailers are also including a 'classic sleeve' reminiscent of the PSX era:
    W1eXnij.png

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER >

cOeTY1e.png

• Dynamic Theme
  • Exclusive avatars
  • Van Uber ship
  • Digital artbook

JWW1DuG.png

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER >
  • Split screen for 2 players
ONLINE MULTIPLAYER >

• From 2 to 8 players
  • Online game modes: Single Race, Eliminator/Combat, Zone Battle and Tournament.
  • 3 online trophies (Finishing 10 races, winning 10 races and destroying 50 ships in Eliminator). No 'Bling Brigade' trophy!
PSN IDs LIST [GAF Username - PSN ID]

Greenymac - Greenymac
SephLuis - Seph_luis_br
Vally - Pandiloco
Nerdkiller - Nerdkiller316PSN
xenorevlis - xenorevlis
foolishoptimist - foolishoptimist
Sub_Level - sleep8
Savantcore - LSB123
Talisker - Gaggalar

c16DmUl.png

The visuals in WipEout Omega Collection are even better on a PS4 Pro, thanks to a variety of improvements:

• Downsampling for those with 1080p displays, offering much better image quality
  • Dynamic 4K resolution
  • Faster and smoother frame rates at 60fps

0VODM10.png

The game features 28 licensed tracks in total, consisting of a mix of classic tracks from previous Wipeout games and brand new tracks as well.

TRACKLIST >

01 ADDIKTION – Shake It (WipEout Omega Instrumental Edit)
02 Airwolf – Talking Bass feat. Stace Cadet (Taiki Nulight Edit)
03 Black Sun Empire & State of Mind – Kill That Noise (WipEout Omega Edit)
04 Boys Noize – XTC (The Chemical Brothers Remix)
05 Brodinski feat Louisahhh – Let The Beat Control Your Body
06 Carbon Community vs. Burufunk – Community Funk (Deadmau5 remix)
07 David Tort & Danielle Simeone – You Got To (WipEout Omega Edit)
08 DC Breaks – Breathe (Instrumental VIP Mix)
09 CODE:MANTA – DFCK
10 Dillon Francis & NGHTMRE – Need You (DJ Hanzel & Drezo Remix)
11 DJ Kentaro feat. Matrix & Futurebound – North South East West (Tha New Team Remix)
12 Emika – Double Edge (GeRM Remix)
13 James Talk – Remote (Deadmau5 Remix)
14 Jerome Isma-Ae & Paul Thomas – Tomorrow (Luke Chable Remix)
15 Krakota – Lust Thrust
16 Matrix & Futurebound – Glow Worm
17 Matt Anthony – Headlights
18 Memtrix – IC YR PAIN
19 Metrik – Bring It Like That
20 Movement Machina & Timo Vaittinen – Upsides Have Downsides (WipEout Omega Edit)
21 Noisia & The Upbeats – Dead Limit
22 Red One – Born Free
23 Soundprank – Obsidian
24 Swanky Tunes – Give It
25 Swedish House Mafia vs Knife Party – Antidote (Swedish House Mafia Dub)
26 The Chemical Bros – C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l
27 The Prodigy – Invaders Must Die
28 Warden – Get Down

XzFeOko.png

To celebrate the return of WipEout, musicGAF is also back with G.A.M.E. OMEGA EDITION, a new album in the G.A.M.E. series which includes custom tracks made specifically for the occasion by fellow GAF members.

Big thanks to m0dus for creating the artwork and hosting the album!

Download G.A.M.E. Omega Edition [MP3 320kbps]

TRACKLIST >

01 InaudibleWhispa - Dystopia
02 kogasu - Retrograde (Omega Mix)
03 The Kree - Disgusting & Despicable
04 NRV - Eris [NintendoRev]
05 Hamster Alliance - Disruptor Cannon [Hamst3r]
06 djplaeskool - The Belmondo Prototype
07 The Kree - 357 Bitches
08 Maher Al-Samkari - mission[Ctrl] [m0dus]
09 Neurochasm - Structure
10 Rösti - Turbo Encabulator
11 Octdron - Weaponized Guilt [jorgeton]
12 kogasu - Limitless Rush
13 The Kree - Little Ben
14 Sadsic - Dreamwater Odyssey (ft. Alexander Aultman)
15 The Kree - Under My Control
16 vonStirlitz - Anything Can Happen (Live from GAFcentral)
17 Octdron - Zone Three [jorgeton]
18 George Hefner - Acceleration [Nyx]
19 paxwilde - wastegate [subwilde]
20 Vally ft. Steelyvibe - Wild Crowd
21 NRV - College Culture [NintendoRev]
22 vonStirlitz - The Art of Dying

How to listen to custom music while playing?

- You can use the Media Player to play your own media files, either off of a USB Device, or a Media Server connected to the same network. The app can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store or your Library.
- While you are playing a game you can perform some simple controls right from the Quick Menu (hold PS Button). (Pause/Play, Next/Prev Track, adjust volume...)
- You can also re-open the media application again to select the music, but your game will go into Suspended state if using Media Player, so be careful not to drop out of an online multiplayer session! Or you could use the simple USB music player instead of the full media player to avoid suspending the game.
- The Media Player does not automaticallyyou utilize the simple USB music player instead of the full media player, you shouldn't have to suspend the game if you want to go to the music list and change tracks. disable in-game music, so you might need to manually disable it in the game's settings.

BLQtNRa.png

NFTg42Y.png

(Thanks to 2blackcats for the OT title!)

A3Sm183.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Can't wait, the king of the futuristic racers returns.

j/k, we all know Star Wars Racer is the best futuristic racer.

I wonder if all the ships for 2048 are unlocked from the beginning. I really don't want to have to unlock the Piranha prototype again; that was brutal the first time around.

NXGamer

Original UK devs make the game, get closed down, releases a day later in the UK.

Sony hates freedom.

#Brexit
I agree 100% this game Should have released bare minimum same day in Europe, that makes no sense to me.

Great, great thread title, I love that..well done.

Pachimari

I'm in for this, just for the nostalgia. Unfortunately I cancelled my steelbook the other day, but I'll order it again when it gets back in stock.

Hope you guys dig the custom soundtrack.
Let us know what you think. I'm sure all of us contributors appreciate the feedback. 👌

NXGamer

AG Systems brethren we in here!!!

In case you guys want to see the game running in 4K 60 fps, we've got a dozen of videos showing exactly that :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_wipeout_omega_in_4k_on_gsy-19159_en.html
Good quality stuff as always, does it handle as good as it looks and unlike the 2 originals?
Hope you guys dig the custom soundtrack.
Let us know what you think. I'm sure all of us contributors appreciate the feedback. 👌
Looking forward to sticking on a headset, getting into the zone, and enjoying the tunes on offer. Will feedback in my analysis of the game on my channel and site.

Daffy Duck

Team Pir-hana for life.

Cannot wait to get into this, never played much Wipeout on PS3 so really hyped to play.

kevin1025

Banned
Mine showed up a day early, installing it now!

Really, really looking forward to this, despite how bad I am at Wipeout, haha.

SxP

Went with the digital version since the steelbook version is apparently only a thing in the UK.

Physical NA edition arriving tomorrow, steelcase+sleeve UK edition waiting to ship. I'm ready.

(sadly not with Van Uber or that pre-order dynamic theme, though, stupid pre-order incentives.)

Excellent OT, well done.

(thanks for the shout out)

What does the "NEW CAMPAIGN" bit under Fury mean? Did I miss something?

Pumped for this. Haven't played a good WipeOut-style game in a looong time.

I noticed in the summary it says that the PS4 Pro version has 4k/60fps, but nothing about 60fps on the OG PS4. Is it capped at 30 on a standard PS4?

Top Bottom