• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

KORNdoggy

I4wc.png

What kind of a psychopath holds a disc like this?

based on the shitty condition of used games back then, i'm going to say everyone?

Planet

based on the shitty condition of used games back then, i'm going to say everyone?
Not me! I am currently selling some old games on eBay and am myself surprised at how flawless and clean my discs are, even for games I played a lot (e.g. You Don't Know Jack PS1, literally good as new). :]

KORNdoggy

Not me! I am currently selling some old games on eBay and am myself surprised at how flawless and clean my discs are, even for games I played a lot (e.g. You Don't Know Jack PS1, literally good as new). :]

tbh i was the same and still am. but i remember buying games from gamestation back then that looked like they'd been scraped against the concrete outside lol

Planet

but i remember...
Yeah, have my share of such memories as well. I remember being the second one renting a specific PS1 game from a rental store, and it was unreadable, a mear 2 days after being released! Someone used it as a desk pad to write on a post-it and you could still read the words he/she wrote. But that was all that could be read from this disc before resurfacing.
Turned out the store clerk herself was the culprit... XD

I saw so many people mishandling discs, stopped uttering my disgust after being told "yeah yeah whatever" often enough. But always taking mental notes never to let them touch any of my discs. ;)

Top Bottom