• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

FelipeMGM

June 7th on EU. The price is $39.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsTMJytt9A

WipEout Omega Collection brings together all the content from WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048, enhanced for PS4 and PS4 Pro. Join the Anti Gravity League on June 6!

We have been able to take advantage of the power and memory bandwidth of PS4 to rework all textures in the game. Compared to the original games, textures are now clear when viewed up close: you can even read some of the small text on the ships for the first time. As well as a host of improved graphical effects we have also added in HDR which massively improves contrast to what was seen before.

WipEout Omega Collection looks utterly stunning, totally with remastered tracks and ships at 1080P on PS4 and dynamic 4K on PS4Pro all at 60FPS.

In addition to remastering all of the sound effects so WipEout sounds better than ever before, we've also added 28 licensed music tracks from famous musical artists. Pilot your favourite ships to killer tunes from Swedish House Mafia, Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy.

Each game has its own career mode, plus there's a racebox mode which lets you tweak and customise your own races.

And if you are new to WipeOut, where have you been? Come and join the Anti Gravity league in the original and best AG racing series.

Play with your friends, either with split screen local multiplayer, or race online* for up to eight Anti Gravity Racing league pilots. Race in tournaments, single races, time trial or in the famous zone mode.

Physical release is happening too

33697029436_b2ed4ce516_o.png

Theme which is a bonus for pre-ordering on the PS Store

New screens

DKHF

Cool, that's relatively soon. I've never played WipEout before but will try it with this collection.

I am so fucking excited for this. It's been a while since we've gotten a good arcade racer.

I'm guessing no physical release?

Cardon

Praise Jesus. Can not wait to play this. Love Wipeout and this ought to look glorious on my 4K TV.

As long as it's in 60fps on the standard PS4 (which I assume it will be) then I'm day one. I couldn't bring myself to get 2048 as it was at 30fps and those load times were a dealbreaker.

soultron

Banned
Is anyone able to use their 20% US PSN savings coupon on this?

I can't seem to find a place to put the code in when I try to pre-order it on the web store.

BigEmil

Liking the sound of many graphical improvements along with 1080p 60fps on PS4 looking forward to it. Did the original have 2 player splitscreen as shown in this video?

Edit more:

"In addition to remastering all of the sound effects so WipEout sounds better than ever before, we’ve also added 28 licensed music tracks from famous musical artists. Pilot your favourite ships to killer tunes from Swedish House Mafia, Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy."
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...release-date-first-details-on-the-soundtrack/

Sogood.gif

Apdiddy

Can't wait for me to be a raving lunatic broadcasting via Share trying to get "Beat Zico" and "Zone Zeus."

Other than that, I'm hoping Omega Collection will be a message to Sony to have a brand new Wipeout made for PS4.

FelipeMGM

for the ones wondering, all of them will be 1080p 60fps on base PS4. Also some info on the Soundtrack

WipEout Omega Collection looks utterly stunning, totally with remastered tracks and ships at 1080P on PS4 and dynamic 4K on PS4Pro all at 60FPS.

In addition to remastering all of the sound effects so WipEout sounds better than ever before, we've also added 28 licensed music tracks from famous musical artists. Pilot your favourite ships to killer tunes from Swedish House Mafia, Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy.

A reminder that Yoshida said that re-releases like Parappa, Wipeout and Patapon are being released in part to see just how big the userbases are for those games, and whether there are enough fans to justify investing into a completely new entry.

Has anyone figured out if this will be three separate games or they have combined all of the tracks, ships, modes into one big package? I can't get a good read. Posted the question on the blog but maybe someone knows already?

Top Bottom