• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired: Next Playstation will be call Playstation 5. More details.

LordOfChaos

Before they do, Cerny wants to clarify something. When we last discussed the forthcoming console, he spoke about its ability to support ray-tracing, a technique that can enable complex lighting and sound effects in 3D environments. Given the many questions he’s received since, he fears he may have been ambiguous about how the PS5 would accomplish this—and confirms that it’s not a software-level fix, which some had feared. “There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware,” he says, “which I believe is the statement that people were looking for.” (A belief born out by my own Twitter mentions, which for a couple of weeks in April made a graphics-rendering technique seem like the only thing the internet had ever cared about.)

Based Cerny gets us

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
you're not thinking outside the box

6duNIZj.jpg
Will they have dick holes by country? One hole does not fit all desu

I guess next year playstation experience(for future ps5 games) or its tgs show mostly announce the new game release or launch titles on it

Fbh

Sounds good.

New controller seems great though it's similar enough that I hope they make the Duakshock 4 compatible too

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Shadow of the Colossus developer Bluepoint Games is working on a PlayStation 5 title. “We’re working on a big one right now,” said Bluepoint Games president Marco Thrush. “I’ll let you figure out the rest.” He added, “The SSD has me really excited. You don’t need to do gameplay hacks anymore to artificially slow players down—lock them behind doors, anything like that. Back in the cartridge days, games used to load instantly; we’re kind of going back to what consoles used to be.”

:messenger_fire:

Sony is going to purchase Bluepoint, aren't they?

I hope adjustable resistance triggers become standard across the industry because after years of sports injuries then work, my hands are quickly becoming the limiting factor in how long I can play games in a single session. This would help out a bunch.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Great stuff, very, very interested in what they have planned with the triggers. But the PlayStation controller is by far the worst controller, for me at least. But that sounds like some cool stuff.

Sadly, it does worry me that it will barely even be bothered with, like most controller tech :(

Silvawuff

It's great to finally see some news on this. I'm curious what price they're going to drop and how big the SSD will be. Glad to finally see BC, though knowing Sony it'll be some software-locked thing that will require a patch or something down the road. They'll find some way to screw it up.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It's great to finally see some news on this. I'm curious what price they're going to drop and how big the SSD will be. Glad to finally see BC, though knowing Sony it'll be some software-locked thing that will require a patch or something down the road. They'll find some way to screw it up.

If they're really using NMVe, they could go with 1TB. 1TB NMVes have been cheaper than 1TB SSDs for a while.

Fake

What is dumb about what he said?
It's not about what he say 'right now'. Its about how he being a dumb for a long time. Just look at the he twitter post history and you'll see. "Retarded Persona" remember that one?

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Ps5 Holiday 2020,good games holiday 2025
Good luck with that.

2019 - early 2020
- Death Stranding (PS4)
- The Last of Us II (PS4)
- Concrete Genie (PS4)

2020 or launch window
- The Last of Us II (enhanced for PS5)
- The Last of Us II MP (launch window)
- GoT (launch title but on both PS4/5)
- Spider-Man (enhanced for PS5)
- Days Gone (enhanced for PS5)
- Killzone Next or new shooter (launch window)
- Ratchet and Clank Next (launch window)
- Blue Point Re-imagined Game (launch window - 2021)

- Horizon Zero Dawn (2021)
- GoW II (2021)

- Spider-Man 2 (2022)
- Days Gone 2 (2022)

Most probably 2023
- Next Naughty Dog (2022-2023)
- Next Uncharted not by Naughty Dog (2022-2023)

2-3 major titles here on out per year. What is also missing is Japan Studio, would not be surprised by a launch window title in 2020-2021 title from them as well, plus other third party contract work.

Kagero

It's probably been speculated on already. I'm just too lazy to read up, but I wonder if Sony's silence this year was because of Layden.

We have been suspecting for a long time that the PS5 launch would mirror PS4's launch. Because it worked so well last time, why change it?

Feb Reveal, Holiday launch. And in between, countless appearances and demo stations at conventions.

Well, Sony decided to just tell us we guessed right,

(Well, maybe one change... PS4 launch was delayed in Japan. I expect PS5 to be a true global launch.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom