• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine - Cover Leaked

Auctopus

I'm assuming those people in India opened up a press release, right? They haven't got the actual physical copies?

Officially revealed on Twitter

Cf_-cGsXEAElmLV.jpg:large

Yeeeeessss.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
WHAT THE FUCK????

I did everything in Novigrad. How is this possible? I completely drenched the map. It took over 120 hours but there was nothing left. :O

this fucking game!

surprise! you thought you found everything but nope! that's what i love about this game. you think you've seen everything but you just keep finding more.

Timurse

Banned
So vampire quest lines are confirmed.
Considering there's also gonna be a lot stuff from Tuccent which looks a lot like Alps / Austria / Italy - the vibes are gonna be super cool.

Stasis

I just stumbled on that vampire quest randomly a few nights back during my second play through.

It's a super quick one, though amusing to walk into. I think it's a wall you Aard through, not sure.

Keasar

The boxart (may contain spoiler)

Jesus, really?

A game about hunting monsters have a box art with a monster kinda related to the "Blood" part of the name? Nooooo.

Sooner or later someone is seriously gonna go "Don't tell me the title! I wanna see it for myself when I start the game!"

So vampire quest lines are confirmed.
Considering there's also gonna be a lot stuff from Tuccent which looks a lot like Alps / Austria / Italy - the vibes are gonna be super cool.

You mean Toussaint? I think it's based on Southern France.

I just stumbled on that vampire quest randomly a few nights back during my second play through.

It's a super quick one, though amusing to walk into. I think it's a wall you Aard through, not sure.

Yep, it is.

RSP

I can't get enough of this game.

I would keep buying DLC until the end of time. Sadly this will be the last one, right?

Exentryk

I can't get enough of this game.

I would keep buying DLC until the end of time. Sadly this will be the last one, right?

Yes, sadly. Then we'll have to wait for years and years until Witcher 4 hits. :(
I'd honestly be happy to just keep getting 1 expansion a year every year until Witcher 4, lol.

Scarfo

Banned
My dream is for The Witcher to become an live actor mature rated HBO series like Game of Thrones. That would please me greatly.

Moff

I think that's the first time ever that a dlc is my most anticipated game of the year
Hearts of stone was incredible, even better than the main game in many ways.
I expect no less from Blood&Wine, but I hear it's supposed to be bigger.

graywolf323

Gold Member
very happy to see the Gwent decks that were previously exclusive to the Xbox One LE now seeing a bit of a wider release

will order them as soon as they put a thing up like they did for the first expansion for those of us that bought the expansion pass on PSN

My thoughts too. The bros are back and wrecking shit up.

Definitely possible. Sapkowski has also said that he's not dead. Even if he was, it wouldn't be the first time CDPR has taken liberties with the lore. TW1's Adda comes to mind.

They might also be something else I shouldn't mention, but I'm 99% sure he will show up. If people can read Polish and know how to access the game's string files they can find the references too.

mileS

Just finishing up Hearts of Stone these past couple days. These aren't your typical 'throw the b team on it for quick content' type add-ons. I was absolutely floored at how they managed to make cutscenes EVEN better than the full game... Just doesn't even make sense.

They have been silently working on this for a while, one can only imagine the quality of content we are due for. Fuckin hyped.

Side note. I missed out on the Gwent cards for the physical release of HoS but I will NOT make that same mistake again. Please come to amazon.ca! I need those cards!

Definitely possible. Sapkowski has also said that he's not dead. Even if he was, it wouldn't be the first time CDPR has taken liberties with the lore. TW1's Adda comes to mind.

They might also be something else I shouldn't mention. If people can read Polish and know how to access the game's string files they might find it too.

You mean
Vilgefortz
? To be honest, I am not very keen on him being back. I would like to see what CDPR comes up with like Olgierd and Man of Mirror.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Wait, so we're getting that deck plus a new deck for Blood and Wine in the box?

Xbox One Collector's Edition you got the Nilfgaard/Northern Realms decks

Hearts of Stone Limited Edition you got the Monsters/Scoia'tael decks

Blood & Wine Limited Edition you get the Nilfgaard/Northern Realms decks

If you want all 4 decks you would have needed to buy the XB1 CE + HoS LE or buy HoS LE + buy the other 2 decks from eBay (not cheap!). That doesn't seem fair so I guess this is them re-releasing those 2 decks from the XB1 CE so that everyone else can own them now. Also, the Northern Realms/Nilfgaard decks might be updated with cards that aren't available in the XB1 CE decks. For example, the HoS decks include 4 new cards that aren't available in the base game.

You mean
Vilgefortz
? To be honest, I am not very keen on him being back. I would like to see what CDPR comes up with like Olgierd and Man of Mirror.

No mention of
Vilgefortz
in the files, he could still show up though, we have to wait for patch 1.13 to confirm or deny. I kind of hope he doesn't though. I never understood the fan fascination with him. He is named dropped one too many times in the base game though...

Earlier, I was talking about
Regis only. Sorry
, should have made that clearer.

Paragon Pariah

Neo Member
I hope PC season pass purchasers have a chance to get those physical gwent decks again. I missed the window they had for Hearts of Stone, unfortunately.

These concepts make me wonder if Geralt will turn into a vampire at some point.

The monster hunter becoming a monster himself?

Is such a thing possible?

Top Bottom