• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine - Cover Leaked

i suppose i should get on with playing my GoG version...where i'm only at the Bloody Baron :p

Oh! I started an NG+ and I am at the start of the Baron part and I don't know if I have my old save at the end of the first run.
Wouls I be able to access both DLCs from the start of the Baron part? Or do I need to go further till the DLC drops?

nothing against Noctis, Geralt is a little bit more fly.
Well, Noctis' pic was fly a decade ago. But not bad for a ten year pose.

P.S. was the word 'fly' even used back then?

Oooh that cover looks so sick. I just changed my background to the final fantasy 15 cover a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like I'm changing it again.

Slevin

Real life gwent cards?

Why have I not heard of this?

Could someone explain to me when/how have they been selling them? You can of course play real life gwent with people, right?

That cover looks great by the way. Still need to play the first DLC.

How the heck did you miss this lol. You used to be able to buy the physical version of Hearts of Stone on PS4 or Xbox One from Gamestop that came with the physical gwent decks (Scoia'tael and Monster only) for $20.00 but it looks like they stopped selling them. Amazon has them still but they're more expensive. There's a huge thing on reddit where someone posted the images on imgur and you can print them out yourself as well.

My friends and I have played using the physical cards and it is indeed awesome.

I had to look Regis up since I had no clue who he was.

Very interesting character.

The hype for this cannot be contained! I might go ahead and get the physical version for the gwent decks this time.

CDPR has been doing the best covers for the DLCs! Fantastic pose for Geralt. I loved that Hearts of Stone was Great Escape Fabio Geralt, and this is Fashionable Interview with a Vampire Geralt.

Prodigal

Banned
If I have the final (at least I think it's the last) quest in my log for the main game, should I beat it before getting Hearts of Stone? Been eyeing it for a while and wasn't sure how it affects the story if I were to add DLC.

Exentryk

If I have the final (at least I think it's the last) quest in my log for the main game, should I beat it before getting Hearts of Stone? Been eyeing it for a while and wasn't sure how it affects the story if I were to add DLC.

The Expansions are separate short stories that mostly don't interact with the main game. Given the level requirements, they are designed to be played after completing the game. Since you're nearly at the end, you should be high enough level to either go for HoS directly, or complete the game and then go for HoS. HoS will be harder than end game, and you might become way too overlevelled for end game if you do HoS first.

As someone who owns the original gwent decks from the collector's edition. I hope they differentiated the art used in the decks included in this expansion. If not they really screwed up and are devaluing my decks which angers me. It's nice that they are bringing them out though so I can play with the other two decks I haven't opened.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
As someone who owns the original gwent decks from the collector's edition. I hope they differentiated the art used in the decks included in this expansion. If not they really screwed up and are devaluing my decks which angers me. It's nice that they are bringing them out though so I can play with the other two decks I haven't opened.

Not gonna happen. They will be the same design as the Monsters/Scoia'tael decks. Do they match your NR/Nilfgaard decks?

Anyway, don't worry about it, your NR/Nilfgaard decks will be unique in that they probably won't contain any new cards introduced with the expansion. For example, in the base game prior to HoS release the Monsters/Scoia'tael decks didn't have the Toad/Schirru or the new Eredin/Francesca leader cards. Those new cards were added to the decks. Since CDPR want to "go out with a bang" regarding Gwent in B&W I'm sure we will see new cards added in game and in the physical decks.

Damn it if the vampire hunts in The Wild Hunt were not the best hunts.

Gryphons and wyrms never got old for me either, and I always loved them the most from a gameplay POV -- especially with a Chemist build. Always loved planning for them.

But by far my favorite hunts in terms of mystery, exploration, and atmosphere were the vampire hunts. Damn did Witcher 3 have awesome tombs and sewers.

Makes me want to play through Vampire TM Bloodlines as a sewer-dwelling Nosferatu just thinking about it.

Daingurse

That's a badass cover. Can't fucking wait for this game. Hearts of Stone was soooo good, Blood and Wine is just going to push Witcher 3 over the top for me. Hope they got creepy hot Bruxa in this game.

I was hopping they will release the rest of the physical decks with Blood and Wine! CDPR are really delivering with the retail expansions and i'm glad i did not bu the season pass on release date!

jwhit28

Is anything else planned after Blood and Wine? That Witcher movie is supposed to be out in 2017 right? I hope they have something planned videogame wise.

Dame

Awww man. Time to look forward to the greatest and only thing that matters after green gear: dat Gwent!

geralt looking fleek

You're one of my favourites after the other thread, but I'll happily make fun of you for the corniest use of this word I've ever witnessed. 10/10.

Timurse

Banned
You mean Toussaint? I think it's based on Southern France.

Looks like Austria to me though despite the name clearly taking French aspiration. I didn't read the books bust some friends of mine told me that this territory was part of Nilfgaard.

Here's Toussaint.
the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-thumb.jpg

And here's Austria.
12967932265_db9349b222_o.jpg

hallstatt-town-summer-alps-austria-pictoresque-59285584.jpg

wachau.jpg

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Austria to me though despite the name clearly taking French aspiration. I didn't read the books bust some friends of mine told me that this territory was part of Nilfgaard.

Another picture of an Austrian city (Salzburg). The castle isn't as nice as the Toussaint one, though.

It's possible. I read the books and associated it with Southern France because of the name and its fame for wine making. But yeah, it's hard to know. The place produces a lot of wine brands which also sound Italian. So I guess it's a mixed of many countries.

I don't get your point about it being a part of Nilfgaard though? Yes, it is a province of Nilfgaard, which is compared to the Roman Empire by Sapkowski.

spookyfish

It looks as though the cards on that leaked picture are Sile De Tanserville and a Nilfgaardian soldier, so these are probably the same decks that were exclusive to the Xbox CE, yes.

Some folks over on CAG were saying this. I guess it keeps me from having to buy the physical edition.

Micerider

Their representation of Toussaint actually makes me think about the "Basilique de Fourvière" in Lyon, France :

basilique-notre-dame-de-fourviere-1.jpg

La-basilique-de-Notre-Dame-de-Fourvi%C3%A8re-1.jpg

And moutains and good wines (raaahhhh, Côte Rôtie....) are also very close.

Oh! I started an NG+ and I am at the start of the Baron part and I don't know if I have my old save at the end of the first run.
Wouls I be able to access both DLCs from the start of the Baron part? Or do I need to go further till the DLC drops?

Well, Noctis' pic was fly a decade ago. But not bad for a ten year pose.

P.S. was the word 'fly' even used back then?

Ha, only ironically. But so turns the wheel of history, and all that was old shall be made new again, etc. etc.

Top Bottom