• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

ironcreed

Banned
The Skellige Islands look incredible.

It does look great. I hope the storm actually rolls in though, and isn't always on the horizon.

That is what I am hoping as well, as it would be a game changer for that particular effect.

And yeah, I am going to have a hard time leaving the Skellige Isles. I'll be too busy getting my Viking on sailing to all of those outer locations. Amazing stuff.

Density is fine. You're not going to get something like modded Skyrim levels of density since the frame rate hit will be massive. Especially when you have to draw things like AO on each sprite.

Yea, you're right. It's probably more the quality of the foliage that's throwing me off.

Geralt still has a thin, white glow around him on ultra. What is causing that?

lkrwGJ3.png

Maybe SSAO? I saw a ton of that in Far Cry games.
ibyH3fyBqcTd7a.gif

iblXkGPZpwRbVS.gif

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Technically no but I cant imagine it being as easy to jump in as CD Project are making

Would be liked play Mass Effect 3 without playing the other 2 games.

nah, each part of the trilogy (Witcher) has a concluded storyline with an epilogue for the next game (witcher 1 & 2) at the very end. It is not like Mass Effect where the story over arches the whole trilogy.

But it is definitely a good idea to play the previous games.

heyf00L

Can I ask a Witcher 2 question here?

It seems that there's no way to get AF in the game (other than Ubersampling which more than halves my framerate; no thanks). Googling shows that setting ubersampling to 1 (instead of 2) gives AF, and then others say you can force it through your drivers (I have an nVidia card), but neither works. I also saw some say that a later patch killed both those methods.

Does anyone know how to get AF working on the latest version? It really kills some of the beautiful texture work.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
witchrmq4q.gif

Does anyone know how to get AF working on the latest version? It really kills some of the beautiful texture work.

No solution unfortunately. Red Engine is quirky.

erawsd

Technically no but I cant imagine it being as easy to jump in as CD Project are making

Would be liked play Mass Effect 3 without playing the other 2 games.

The Witcher games aren't really like ME in that regard. ME games have a more direct and continuing story line. The Witcher games have been super loose with it. Theres maybe two real through-lines between W1 and W2. So far, it looks like W3 is headed in a similar direction with a mostly "fresh" cast of characters (for the games), set some time after W2, in totally different areas of the world, ect.

The bigger issue with this series has been the all the name dropping of people and events from the books.

a really long time ago...actually, i think it was in an angry joe interview...they said on PC they were looking into being able to transfer save files from the first two games over..is that still happening? I havent heard anything about that in ages

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
a really long time ago...actually, i think it was in an angry joe interview...they said on PC they were looking into being able to transfer save files from the first two games over..is that still happening? I havent heard anything about that in ages

I think they mention it in the recent Gamespot interviews, so yeah. There's a sequence of choices you can make at the start as part of a recap. Or you can import your save file.

Can I ask a Witcher 2 question here?

It seems that there's no way to get AF in the game (other than Ubersampling which more than halves my framerate; no thanks). Googling shows that setting ubersampling to 1 (instead of 2) gives AF, and then others say you can force it through your drivers (I have an nVidia card), but neither works. I also saw some say that a later patch killed both those methods.

For me it definitely works when forced within the driver, I'm not sure I'm on the latest version of the game though..

cresto

Bestiary

jt89e79.jpg

Also it seems all quest summaries are written by everyone's favourite poet, hurray!

I like how they separated this from the inventory screen. I remember seeing older videos where it was all on one page and a little clunky. Was this in other witcher games? I like how you can scout the enemies and figure out weaknesses instead of just banging your head against a wall trying to kill something powerful.

heyf00L

No solution unfortunately. Red Engine is quirky.

I figured that was the case. Thanks.

Other than that, tho, it's simply stunning. And it's hard to imagine that Witcher 3 will look even better.

Oh, and the game is really fun, too, even tho I haven't really figured it out its full depth yet.

For me it definitely works when forced within the driver, I'm not sure I'm on the latest version of the game though..

nVidia? What all do you have forced? I may be doing it wrong. I'm not at home, tho, so I can't screenshot my settings.

Top Bottom