• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

BatSu

XB1? This site claims that if

Witcher-3-screen-2.jpg

Witcher-2-screen-3.jpg

Web Spanish

http://www.gamerzona.com/2015/04/30/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pantallas/

epmode

Should i buy this on GOG or on Steam? is it possible to get it on both without paying for it twice?

You also get a few digital extras with the GOG version that you wouldn't have otherwise. An art book, for instance.

I assume the Steam version will have achievements and cloud saves. I hope that the cloud saves work better there than The Witcher 2.

I expected the GOG version to launch with Galaxy support so you could get Steam-like features on GOG but that may not happen until later.

RedSwirl

I'm waiting for console footage just because that's probably a rough indication of what it'll look like on my 760.

Should i buy this on GOG or on Steam? is it possible to get it on both without paying for it twice?

Buying either GOG or physical. Downloading 40 gigs is tough for me. At least with GOG they let you download it in little chunks.

cresto

So is there any info about what those who meet the recommended specs can expect? I have an r9 290 and an i5 2500k @4.3ghz, I'm hoping I can get high settings at 108p30 at the very least.

This is exactly why I dislike PC gaming. Always having to try to place with settings to get a good experience

Daverid

Odd. After how much they stated Ciri is faster than Geralt, she certainly doesn't look it.
That blink move definitely looks OP as shit, and chaining that into an attack looks amazing. However her classic sword swinging and general movements doesn't really seem faster than Geralt, she actually looks more clunky to play if you aren't spamming that blink.

ACE 1991

This is exactly why I dislike PC gaming. Always having to try to place with settings to get a good experience

To each her/his own! A lot of people (including myself) love this aspect of the platform though. You'll have a "good" experience at default settings, but playing around with settings to get the best possible image that your computer can handle can be fun.

EDIT: 1080p ultra would be awesome at 30, we'll have to see. I can't imagine my CPU will be any sort of bottleneck despite being listed as the CPU in the minimum specifications. CPU requirements as listed by developers have been super weird this generation. Has there been ANY game yet released that performed significantly worse on a 2500K vs. a new generation i7/i5?

I thought I would be like this when I got my PC but now I just take a quick look at settings and turn off motion blur, adjust my resolution, and check for any settings on low and see if I can turn that up then I never bother with them again.

v0mitg0d

Has gameplay (not in a trailer) of venturing into a dungeon/cave/castle been released by YTers? Most of this seems to take place out in the open, which looks great, but curious about the dungeon crawling and such.

Tovarisc

Yeah, I saw his footage as well. Everything I have seen of it makes it look like something I will enjoy much more than playing poker.

I agree, looks legitimately good and interesting minigame. Also if it's as extensive as devs have said it to be then they have literally made full cardgame into their RPG.

Kinthalis

Banned

It's not brain surgery.

Do you have an equivalent GPU to a PS4's?

Yes: You will get a PS4-like experience.

No, it's more powerful: You will get a better than ocnsole experience.

No: It's less powerful: You will have to turn down graphics effects compared to a console.

In terms of actual performance with your specific hardwar,e there will be benchmarks the moment the game hits. And all you relaly need to do is set optimal setting sin game or in the Nvidia inspector. All set.

If you WANT to you can tweak further by changing stuff you don't care about or don't like, or turning up stuff you do like and seeing if you like the performance that way. A few minutes tops.

Hell, you'll spend more time behind a load screen playign BloodBorne ont he PS4 than you would EVER spend tweaking settings in a game, but that doesn't stop peple from loving and enjoying bloodborne.

Console gamers exaggerate this aspect of PC gaming almost as much as the cost aspect.

cresto

I thought I would be like this when I got my PC but now I just take a quick look at settings and turn off motion blur, adjust my resolution, and check for any settings on low and see if I can turn that up then I never bother with them again.

To each her/his own! A lot of people (including myself) love this aspect of the platform though. You'll have a "good" experience at default settings, but playing around with settings to get the best possible image that your computer can handle can be fun.

EDIT: 1080p ultra would be awesome at 30, we'll have to see. I can't imagine my CPU will be any sort of bottleneck despite being listed as the CPU in the minimum specifications. CPU requirements as listed by developers have been super weird this generation. Has there been ANY game yet released that performed significantly worse on a 2500K vs. a new generation i7/i5?

I suspect that you could have ultra or close to it at 30fps at the very least.

Or those that don't care just choose presets. You're not required to think about these kinds of things much.

PCs have definitely come a long way. I just have a hard time keeping up with them. Glad it's gotten easier with time, but it still seems cumbersome. Everyone has their preference. Not taking shots.

I recently got a dedicated PC tower. I7 3770, 16 gb, gtx 960. I got this solely for CSGO. I just like that I can load up my game on xbox and not have to think about updating drivers, tweaking settings and the like. Like I said, I just prefer the simplicity even if I have to take a hit in resolution or framerate. That's always been my knock against PCs. There is an infinite combination out there and the game can't be optimized for all of them like they are for consoles.

Denton

Good thing no one forces you to watch this coverage. I just highlight that stuff as I know some people are interested.

I was not criticising you, I was expressing surprise that CDP would even allow some youtubers to release this kind of footage.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Given you can activate keys for The Witcher and The Witcher 2 on GOG I assume the same will eventually be true of The Witcher 3, in which case the Steam version is the one to get provided you don't mind waiting for the DRM-free version.

Tovarisc

I was not criticising you, I was expressing surprise that CDP would even allow some youtubers to release this kind of footage.

Afaik youtubers were given 12 hours to play in any way they wanted and record anything they wanted. I don't remember who of them mentioned, but he/she said that he was allowed to record 8h of footage.

Edit:

Pic in proper res now

Mifec

PCs have definitely come a long way. I just have a hard time keeping up with them. Glad it's gotten easier with time, but it still seems cumbersome. Everyone has their preference. Not taking shots.

I recently got a dedicated PC tower. I7 3770, 16 gb, gtx 960. I got this solely for CSGO. I just like that I can load up my game on xbox and not have to think about updating drivers, tweaking settings and the like. Like I said, I just prefer the simplicity even if I have to take a hit in resolution or framerate. That's always been my knock against PCs. There is an infinite combination out there and the game can't be optimized for all of them like they are for consoles.

It's not cumbersome, it takes no more than 5 mins if you want to do it manually, for people who don't they can just use something like geforce experience to set the settings for them instantly.

Tweaking settings to get optimal stuff taking a long time has not been true for more than 3 years now.

cresto

It's not cumbersome, it takes no more than 5 mins if you want to do it manually, for people who don't they can just use something like geforce experience to set the settings for them instantly.

Tweaking settings to get optimal stuff taking a long time has not been true for more than 3 years now.

Like I said, it's been a long time since I had a decent PC. Although I will say Geforce experience did not work worth a damn when i tried to use it for CSGO. Their "optimal" settings created a shitty expereience playing the game. Then again, I play the game in 1024x768 with all low settings because that stuff isnt important for that game.

erawsd

The carpet bombing continues

This coming Tuesday, GOG.com and CD PROJEKT RED invite you to a special live event at the GOG.com Twitch channel.

We will be showcasing 45 minutes of live gameplay with Łukasz “LUq” Wnęk, Counter-Strike 1.6 legend currently working at CD PROJEKT RED, taking control of Geralt. He will be joined by Level Designer Miles Tost, who will provide developer commentary for the new footage focused on combat and gameplay mechanics including melee and long-distance combat, alchemy, exploration, monster hunting, and means of travel.
Once the gameplay portion of the stream is finished, we will hold a live Q&A session on the air. Miles Tost will take the time to respond to live comments coming in via Twitch chat, as well as to select questions from the GOG.com community forums! It's a rare opportunity to ask about all the saucy details of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt development.

During the event, you can expect a Witcher lore contest, in which you will have the chance to exchange your Geralt-related knowledge for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt t-shirts, with a little help from Twitch chat and your friendly neighborhood postal worker.

If you have questions for the folks at CD PROJEKT RED about the upcoming Witcher game, you can submit them right here in this thread. You have until Monday, May 4th, at 10:59AM GMT to submit your questions - we'll need some time to select the most interesting ones to throw at the devs during the live chat!

The live event will begin on Tuesday, May 5th, at 6pm GMT / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT at Twitch.tv/GOGcom. Follow our channel to get an email alert when we go live. See you there!

http://www.gog.com/news/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_gameplay_qa

Sai

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but has there been anything said about the release date of the soundtrack?

Picking this up for PS4. Wish I had a PC capable of running it, 'cause the 60fps 'n hairworks looks too good.

Tovarisc

Van Owen

Banned
The thing I like about PC gaming is that if I can't hit a consistent 60fps I can always just jack up the settings to max and cap the framerate at 30fps and have a better experience available on consoles.

I think I like about PC gaming is that if I can't hit a consistent 60fps I can always just jack up the settings to max and cap the framerate at 30fps and have a better experience available on consoles.

Exactly how I look at it. If those nvidia effects hold true then it'll be far superior.

Sai

I wouldn't expect it before release of the game. Often OST's have track names that may spoil events of the game.
That's true. I hope it doesn't trail too far after the game's release though.

May seem weird, but more than the hype surrounding Wild Hunt, it was actually the few pieces of music I heard that got me interested in the franchise as a whole. Ended up purchasing the first two games a few weeks back on the PC and 360 respectively.

Fjordson

As far as i know CDPR said there will be some characters returning from 2. No idea about Roche or Iorveth though.

Can't believe it's only 2 weeks left before my copy gets shipped.
Interesting. Well hopefully Vernon is out there somewhere smashing on fools.

Top Bottom