• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

yentfaqi.jpg

She looks amazingly gorgeous in a powerful woman kind of way. And thats what Yennefer is
with the help of magic
, so mission accomplished CDPR.

I hope that's not indicative of the Ciri segments, that's awful.

What was awful about it? Looks like The Witcher 3 gameplay to me.

Now, if her segments are just awkwardly placed interludes that don't vary much from the main game or impact it in any way...that will be disappointing.

Killzig

Now, if her segments are just awkwardly placed interludes that don't vary much from the main game or impact it in any way...that will be disappointing.

blink & swing over and over
boring enemy type
boring environment

Nothing about that made me want to play as Ciri. Like I said, I hope there's more to her sections than trudging around a swamp and fighting trash mobs.

Personally, I was hoping for a different game experience. Not the same swordplay with the same dodge moves in a different skin.

But.... I guess I'll withhold judgement until the full game comes out.

ironcreed

Banned
boring enemy type
boring environment

Nothing about that made me want to play as Ciri. Like I said, I hope there's more to her sections than trudging around a swamp and fighting trash mobs.

You know there will be. She is the centerpiece of the entire game and they are not going to spoil the best parts.

Personally, I was hoping for a different game experience. Not the same swordplay with the same dodge moves in a different skin.

But.... I guess I'll withhold judgement until the full game comes out.

boring enemy type
boring environment

That's fair--I'm hoping it's not this simple, as well. However, I can only assume this is an early part of the game, before her skills develop. It likely plays very similarly to Geralt at that point.

cresto

This thread is a bunch of over reaction theater. At least overall, this thread is positive about the game. I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on it. Should be a lot of fun to just enjoy the world.

Have they shown what it looks like on the consoles even to the press? Any previews for console versions? Its almost close to release and no show for consoles is making me skeptical. I want to see how it looks on the PS4.

Sethh

boring enemy type
boring environment

Lmao after a minute of gameplay?
I love this place.

Panda Rin

just finished up The Last Wish..just ordered the next three books from Amazon. Should have enough time to read through them from now until release.

Ciri gameplay looks real good. That blinking dodge move is pretty sick.

erawsd

Have they shown what it looks like on the consoles even to the press? Any previews for console versions? Its almost close to release and no show for consoles is making me skeptical. I want to see how it looks on the PS4.

Yeah, there are plenty of press impressions of the console versions out there. Back at the Jan event they had all 3 running next to one another so people could see the differences.

Tovarisc

boring enemy type
boring environment

Well if you look at level of enemies you will realize that footage is from basically start of the whole game. 2 minutes of it.

Reframe:

DDDBn7T.jpg

It looks like trees, then one big green texture, then back to maybe trees again further away. LOD/pop-in glitch? It seems to go from trees into one huge green texture.

The furthest trees look more like trees than that texture in between the higher detail ones and the furthest set.

Is this shit for real? I don't know about how some people play games but I'm very rarely looking at things like this in the context of the main screen. I mean, yes perhaps in a screenshot someone can nitpick and find every little tiny problem detail but who's going to notice that while they're playing and the game is in motion. It is absolutely stupid.

viveks86

Is this shit for real? I don't know about how some people play games but I'm very rarely looking at things like this in the context of the main screen. I mean, yes perhaps in a screenshot someone can nitpick and find every little tiny problem detail but who's going to notice that while they're playing and the game is in motion. It is absolutely stupid.

What exactly are you trying to say? That screenshot analysis should not be done and any publicly available media is immune from any form of criticism? I'd recommend you ignore things that don't interest you instead of dismissing them as pointless or stupid.

DOWN

Banned

I don't know how you wouldn't see that if you were riding around. I'm definitely paying attention to visuals in games I buy. They solidify atmosphere. The whole point of them releasing media is to help their customers and potential customers judge what is shown and said.

You are acting like it's small, but I simply highlighted how drastic that change in LOD looks to the point I wanted to ask if it could be a glitch.

But in context, it's all of the trees on the horizon that seem to have turned into to a very small number of low definition textures per tree. It's very poorly hidden in this shot, compared to other types of trees in this game, and compared to other open games.

viveks86

But in context, it's all of the trees on the horizon that seem to have turned into to a very small number of low definition textures per tree. It's very poorly hidden in this shot, compared to other types of trees in this game, and compared to other open games.

Yeah first time I've noticed it in any screenshot. It definitely doesn't look intentional as we've seen trees even farther out that don't look like smudged watercolors, so I'm going to guess LOD bug.

Wow first time listening to this track https://soundcloud.com/mikolai-stroinski/bonnie-at-morn

Can't wait to buy the soundtrack.

The GOG version comes with the soundtrack (plus other goodies), FYI. There's even four songs available right now. They're very good.

Looks like Neverwinter Nights still comes with a Witcher 3 GOG preorder, too. It's the game that started everything, as its (Aurora) engine is what Witcher 1 ran on. In a roundabout way, we have Bioware to thank for the Witcher becoming what it is.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The GOG version comes with the soundtrack (plus other goodies), FYI. There's even four songs available right now. They're very good.

Looks like Neverwinter Nights still comes with a Witcher 3 GOG preorder, too. It's the game that started everything, as its (Aurora) engine is what Witcher 1 ran on. In a roundabout way, we have Bioware to thank for the Witcher becoming what it is.

Steam version also advertises it comes with the soundtrack, but i think only gog offers FLAC

Here’s what I’m thinking as far as a first build goes so far:

Light Armor SpellSword DoT

Strengths- Extremely fast, high damage, high Damage over Time, makes use of multiple status ailments, very effective at hit & run, makes excellent use of vigor & adrenaline.

Weaknesses- Lower health/defense compared to other builds. No alchemy.

1. Muscle Memory- More raw damage.

2. Precise Cuts- More crits.

3. Mutilation- DoT, low risk, some enemies are weak to bleeding.

4. Footwork- In case you mistime a dodge.

5. Power of Igni Sign- Big damage boost to Igni.

6. Pyromancy- Essential DoT, low risk, some enemies are weak to fire.

7. Armor Melting- Reduces enemy defenses and works with Power of Igni Sign.

8. Power of Quen Sign- More shields.

9. Damage Discharge- Very useful in clutch situations, free damage.

10. Survival instinct- More health, essential.

11. Focus- More sign damage using that excess adrenaline, essential.

12. Techniques of Feline School- Huge damage and crit buff, essential.

If dodging ends up being easy, #4 can be replaced with Circadian Rhythm instead for better Regen.

For the record, I hate the fact that you have to invest in certain skills to get others when there really aren't any superior/inferior skills, just ones that fit your build and ones that don't.

Make your own and let’s compare.

PFD

Reframe:

DDDBn7T.jpg

It looks like trees, then one big green texture, then back to maybe trees again further away. LOD/pop-in glitch? It seems to go from trees into one huge green texture.

The furthest trees look more like trees than that texture in between the higher detail ones and the furthest set.

Can you zoom in further on that pixel? I can't tell from this far away

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
boring enemy type
boring environment

It was 2 minutes of gameplay, in an 100 hour long rpg. Think we'll be fine.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
In regards to the Ciri footage, people really shouldn't judge a gameplay segment out of context.
If I were to guess, I'd say that this is the first time we play as her, hence the limited moveset and trash mobs that do jack shit for damage. Apparently her segments are more action adventure like instead of rpg like with Geralt. So maybe more scripted and cinematic?

SaberEdge

I don't know how you wouldn't see that if you were riding around. I'm definitely paying attention to visuals in games I buy. They solidify atmosphere. The whole point of them releasing media is to help their customers and potential customers judge what is shown and said.

You are acting like it's small, but I simply highlighted how drastic that change in LOD looks to the point I wanted to ask if it could be a glitch.

I enjoy the graphics in my games too. But the fact is, all games have issues if you want to get picky enough. That tree is so far away...it's like a football field away. The trees in the game don't generally look like that...hell, even the other trees in that same shot don't look like that. Latching on to that one little thing is the very essence of nitpicking.

If your goal is to nitpick it can be done with any game.
2497231-iss+shortcomings.jpg

2504711-szoter_image.png
MOX16vh.jpg

11203678_1596112403965633_1318878213722427115_o.jpg

RedSwirl

One really impressive thing I haven't seen anybody point out in the Precious Cargo video is the rim lighting on Geralt's head from the torch.

DOWN

Banned
Can you zoom in further on that pixel? I can't tell from this far away
The whole horizon is blob low definition mess that are easy to see if you are walking around seeing that ahead of Geralt, so I asked about the transition and that's okay. You can't be serious acting like a sudden total loss of definition on trees 50 yards from him is hard to see.

In regards to the Ciri footage, people really shouldn't judge a gameplay segment out of context.

What's it for then? Don't be either excited or concerned by the clip they release?

I enjoy the graphics in my games too. But the fact is, all games have issues if you want to get picky enough. That tree is so far away...it's like a football field away. The trees in the game don't generally look like that...hell, even the other trees in that same shot don't look like that. Latching on to that one little thing is the very essence of nitpicking.

If your goal is to nitpick it can be done with any game.
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/122/1224541/2497231-iss+shortcomings.jpg[/ig]
[img]http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/122/1224541/2504711-szoter_image.png[/ig][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MOX16vh.jpg[/IG]
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/11203678_1596112403965633_1318878213722427115_o.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

I gave benefit of the doubt because of how unusual it looked and said it looked odd compared to the rest of the game so ya need to chill. It looks glitchy to me and I'm aware games use LOD, but that's an insane jump in LOD compared to even other shots in the game. Unity is notorious for aggressive LOD issues from high views.

You've got to be kidding with that Inquisition pic and even the others. Look at the HUD. That picture is so obviously messed up it looks ridiculous that you are using it like there's anything clear about it.

The Witcher shots are high res and not significantly hurt by compression so don't make your comparisons into a farce.

tuxfool

Banned
If I were to guess, I'd say that this is the first time we play as her, hence the limited moveset and trash mobs that do jack shit for damage. Apparently her segments are more action adventure like instead of rpg like with Geralt. So maybe more scripted and cinematic?

Also given the amount of damage taken, this is probably being played on easy. Ciri supposedly has less vitality than Geralt.

tuxfool

Banned

I'll say, while I agree with the sentiment, you keep using really shitty comparison screenshots of awful quality. Just stop, or at least use high quality screens to compare against the high quality W3 screens.

Servbot24

Banned

And then they complain that games take too long to make.

The whole horizon is blob low definition mess that are easy to see if you are walking around seeing that ahead of Geralt, so I asked about the transition and that's okay.
Looks to me like it might be a variation of the layered distance blur that they did in W2 Flotsum, minus the fog lightening.

8283DB31F09E8B0DA1C40FB92D39AF838AC597F7

The Ciri footage issue is interesting. It doesn't show anything exciting but at the same time... I'm not expecting much exciting gameplay wise either.

The most interesting part about Ciri being playable was always going to be the narrative aspect. The fact that they call her playable suggests more then the simple few minutes dedicated to the other characters in TW2.

I doubt gameplay wise, there'll be much to change it up. It's an RPG afterall, and it's focused on Geralt.

Top Bottom