• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 PS4 patch 1.50 adds Pro support out now

stryke

I didn't see any new options in the menus.

I am not really in a great part of the game for screenshots, but maybe these can be pixel counted.

c1YXNTO.jpg

This is a good pic for pixel counting although it's been a year since I've properly pixel counted something but at least horizontal is 2160. Problem is I never learnt to pixel count CB resolutions so I don't know if that's being used. They could also be using that geometry thing like Gravity Rush 2 does.

I don't have W3 on PS4, did it not have any AA?

Bought the game at release and never played it more than 2 hours because i felt overwhelmed. last week i bought the GOTY Edition for 20 euro. :)

to the veterans and trophy hunters:
i want to get the platinum trophy in this game. whats the best way to do this on the hights difficulty? are there any helpful glitches? :) are there any tips what i should get as soon as possible? :)

f@luS

More than a member.
I just want higher Rez with perfect stable 30fps

If patch does this I’m all good

MazeHaze

Banned
No hdr after all this time wtf
Somebody posted an article with an interview with a game dev about what HDR inclusion entails, and it seems like all of your dev tools have to have HDR in mind when you start working on the game.

Some studios already have HDR pipelines in engine, some don't. If you don't It's basically impossible and expensive to implement.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I just want higher Rez with perfect stable 30fps

If patch does this I’m all good

The patch definitely adds higher res and Witcher 3 has had pretty big performance bumps with the patches. The GoTY version is almost rock solid 30 FPS even in the bog areas with some very minor notable drops.

For the new page:
The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch has just arrived, adding 4K resolution support and a "slight" boost to performance. It took longer than "just a few days" after all.

"Yes, the game has just received an upgrade patch, enabling it to take advantage of the additional power offered by the PS4 Pro," CD Projekt Red told me. "When playing the game on a PS4 Pro system, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and all its additional content feature support for 4K resolution and a slight boost to performance."

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This is why we can't have nice things.

CDPR says they aren't going to do a patch because they have moved onto other games.

Decides to do a patch anyway for the fans.

Instant bitching about "no HDR, Native 4K with 60fps mode?!?"

God I hate the internet and gaming culture sometimes.

AR15mex

CDPR says they aren't going to do a patch because they have moved onto other games.

Relax bro... it is just the internet.

MazeHaze

Banned
People hoping for 60 fps at 1080p were always delusional.

Even my PC with a 980 sc and an i5 4690k can't maintain a locked 60 at 1080p.

This is how it works man. Gamers are very hard to please. Native 4k is a stretch. CB rendering does a wonderful job with less GPU cost. Should go that route.

No HDR? NOOOOOO.

I've been holding off on playing TW3 forever at this point though, so a Pro patch even sans HDR means its finally time to hop in.

Auctopus

Reminds me of the bitching for the Dark Souls 1 PC Port. There was so much port begging then when it came and Durante subsequently fixed it, people still constantly shit on FROM as if they were the ones who had to fix it themselves.

If anyone deserved to be bothered at FROM, it was Durante lol.

camac002

Hell yes.

I play on PC but resolution bump does sooooo much for this games visuals.

Glad all my console brethren can experience this masterpiece how it's meant to be played now.

Not used to this type of post here lol. It's almost too pleasant for this forum. Respect to you.

I wouldn’t bet on that. Won’t be native on Xbox One X either.

It would be wonderful, but I highly doubt it. I want to be wrong though.

Yeah you're probably right about that. But since the One X offers that much more power I do wonder if there will be other improvements. Hoping they take advantage of the hardware.

cakely

Hells yes! I was just wondering when this would drop.

Thank you CDP. Seriously. Resolution and performance increase is really all I could ask for.

xion4360

Are you fucking kidding?

Like I said in the later post that you ignored, it does look noticeably sharper and cleaner, but it doesnt look any better as far as texture resolution, AF or any added features.. it just looks sharper.. either by increased resolution or some kind of Gravity Rush type solution.. looking at foliage it still looks very rough, but when you look at clean edges its noticeably crisp.

The fact that the patch is a measly 130mb suggest that nothing was added, just a pipeline change.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
For the new page:

The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch has just arrived, adding 4K resolution support and a "slight" boost to performance. It took longer than "just a few days" after all.

"Yes, the game has just received an upgrade patch, enabling it to take advantage of the additional power offered by the PS4 Pro," CD Projekt Red told me. "When playing the game on a PS4 Pro system, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and all its additional content feature support for 4K resolution and a slight boost to performance."

Both Resolution and performance getting bumps ? CDPR putting in the work. Good job.

I don't see why not if it's really 1800p on the Pro.
I want to be wrong so bad. But I don’t want to derail by talking about the One X version. I’m just glad that they went back and added support. Very surprising, bing that theys tated otherwise earlier.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Pro patch landed before the X1X is released, interesting.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Like I said in the later post that you ignored, it does look noticeably sharper and cleaner, but it doesnt look any better as far as texture resolution, AF or any added features.. it just looks sharper.. either by increased resolution or some kind of Gravity Rush type solution.. looking at foliage it still looks very rough, but when you look at clean edges its noticeably crisp.

The fact that the patch is a measly 130mb suggest that nothing was added, just a pipeline change.

Improving resolution doesn't require much data at all, especially if it's natively rendering at 1800p instead of using some reconstruction technique that would need to be added to the rendering pipeline.

Top Bottom