• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 PS4 Pre-load LIVE

US Account
PlayGo/Whatever 9,550GB
Update 482MB

Haven't installed yet so can't provide notes on update.

Pause me or close if old.

UPDATE: Thanks to this fine gaffers, hemo memo, DarkLordMalik, ironcreed, Tcab96 and Hysterical

31GB Total

Patch Notes courtesy of NeoGAF user hemo memo.
Version 1.01

Following features are added:
Major changes:
- Support for DLCs
- Multiple stability issues fixed
- Overall performance improvements

Quests and game:
- Variety of cosmetic quest improvements
- Journal objective fixes
- Quest mapping fixes
- Dialogue flag fixes
- Quest balancing issues
- Scene triggering improvements

Gameplay systems:
- Boat behavior
- AI improvements
- NPC spawn strategy improvements
- Combat balancing
- UI optimizations

For those, like myself, having trouble starting the download and instead getting the error message, try this. It worked for me:

Originally Posted by Hysterical

To everyone who is getting an error on PS4,here is a fix: Go to the PS Store and download a demo that is not in your library. Now go back to your library and hit download on Witcher 3, should work now.

Sorry for the messy op, on tablet.

Patch Notes courtesy of NeoGAF user hemo memo.

Version 1.01

Following features are added:
Major changes:
- Support for DLCs
- Multiple stability issues fixed
- Overall performance improvements

Quests and game:
- Variety of cosmetic quest improvements
- Journal objective fixes
- Quest mapping fixes
- Dialogue flag fixes
- Quest balancing issues
- Scene triggering improvements

Gameplay systems:
- Boat behavior
- AI improvements
- NPC spawn strategy improvements
- Combat balancing
- UI optimizations

Tcab96

For those, like myself, having trouble starting the download and instead getting the error message, try this. It worked for me:

To everyone who is getting an error on PS4,here is a fix: Go to the PS Store and download a demo that is not in your library. Now go back to your library and hit download on Witcher 3, should work now.

sn00zer

If I didnt like Witcher 1 or 2 because the combat felt janky as shit will I like the Witcher 3?...literally that was the only reason I didnt like those game, but it was bad enough I stopped playing only a few hours in.

Meffer

If I didnt like Witcher 1 or 2 because the combat felt janky as shit will I like the Witcher 3?...literally that was the only reason I didnt like those game, but it was bad enough I stopped playing only a few hours in.
Looks like they changed the combat a bit comparing it to the last two.

Previews and reviews all say it feels like a refined Witcher 2 combat. Aka you can use potions during combat, you can cancel animations, etc. But the combat still heavily relies on dodging/backstep and timing. Bloodborne also has a lot of emphasis on dodging at the right time if that's something you're intp.

So if you absolutely HATED the combat in Witcher 2 I don't know what to tell you. If you hated certain aspects you should be fine.

edit: also the combat heavily relies on using the magic spells effectively as well. Many battles become a joke if you know their weakness.

sn00zer

Previews and reviews all say it feels like a refined Witcher 2 combat. Aka you can use potions during combat, you can cancel animations, etc. But the combat still heavily relies on dodging/backstep and timing. Bloodborne also has a lot of emphasis on dodging at the right time if that's something you're intp.

So if you absolutely HATED the combat in Witcher 2 I don't know what to tell you. If you hated certain aspects you should be fine.

edit: also the combat heavily relies on using the magic spells effectively as well. Many battles become a joke if you know their weakness.

Hmmmmm I really wanna drop $60 right now...gah..... need impressions from people who didnt like Witcher 1 or 2

Ray Down

Banned
r9de20z3cyzw.gif

Can't get it to download for me, Just has a countdown saying 5 days 30 mins.... Tried downloading a demo and then going back to it but didn't change anything.

This is EU/UK PSN by the way, has anyone in the UK been successful in downloading it yet?

Can't get it to download for me, Just has a countdown saying 5 days 30 mins.... Tried downloading a demo and then going back to it but didn't change anything.

This is EU/UK PSN by the way, has anyone in the UK been successful in downloading it yet?

Hmm sorry can't help there since mine began to preload automatically and didn't have to tinker with anything. US account btw

Audioboxer

Is there anywhere you can buy discounted US PSN cards like you can for UK ones? CDkeys are all out of stock for US ones. Cheers

RDreamer

Are people confirming the PSN timer says it'll be up at about 7PM EST, too?

If so, fuck yes! More games need to follow CDPR with this. Cheaper preorder on digital, and an unlock early.

Mikey Jr.

Nice. Sony actually on the ball this time, with a decent lead in. Usually they leave this shit to the last minute.

TheFatMan

First digital version of a game I bought. Discount on the game and an early unlock? Listen up game publishers, you want me to stop buying physical copies, keep this shit up ;)

Mikey Jr.

First digital version of a game I bought. Discount on the game and an early unlock? Listen up game publishers, you want me to stop buying physical copies, keep this shit up ;)

Yep.

Games in Canada are $80.

I bought this on PSN for $54 and it unlocks early. Keeps me from trading it in.

III-V

Just purchased digital plus expansion. preloading complete in less than 1 hour. Changed PS4 theme to W3 theme.

4 days 23 hours left

firelogic

Are people confirming the PSN timer says it'll be up at about 7PM EST, too?

If so, fuck yes! More games need to follow CDPR with this. Cheaper preorder on digital, and an unlock early.

From PSN
Pre-order The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt today and receive 10% off until launch. Play the game on 5/18/15 starting 4PM PDT.

ufo8mycat

I must admit, we are spoilt by Bloodbornes excellent combat, so it's going to be a little rough at first getting use to TW3s combat if its anything similar to TW2.

Top Bottom