• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 rumors: 900p PS4/720p Xbone, 30fps, equals minimal settings of PC

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor...ne-gtx780-ti-pushes-35-45fps-at-max-settings/

Okay everyone, time for some rumors. Russian gaming website Gametech reported some interesting information about the current state of The Witcher 3. Now before continuing, let us remind you that you are about to read unconfirmed information that you should be taking with a grain of salt.

According to Gametech, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a very demanding title; a title that a single GTX 780Ti struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

Moreover, it is said that the PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What’s also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version. Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2.

As always, take what you just read with a grain of salt. CD Projekt RED may further optimize its title, meaning that the game may run better on the aforementioned platforms. Still, the rumored performance of the PC version sounds spot on from what we’ve seen thus far.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC performance details seem more believable than the console flavours, but it's a moot point regardless since...

Doesn't this game have like another 10 months until release?

Yeah, next Feb.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
LoL .. "Guys guys... this game that isn't coming out for about a year .. wait for it.. needs like MAD fuckin polish. It looks practically unfinished"

When is a rumor... not a rumor?

Valnen

I really hope they don't phone in the console versions and put all the work into optimizing the PC version. Still, this early into development I'd take anything with a massive grain of salt.

Crisium

So a PC with a Radeon 265 (PS4-class) can only run the game at low, 1600x900? Slower cards, like the venerable GTX 560 and Radeon 6800 series can't even run the game above 1280x720 all low?

I call BS.

Eh, it being a year away I think it is pretty likely things like this are not completely locked down yet. But might be a target point. It being demanding was to be expected, but also tells not too much when there are many PC games with options that cripple performance while not providing that much of a benefit.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I really hope they don't phone in the console versions and put all the work into optimizing the PC version. Still, this early into development I'd take anything with a massive grain of salt.

They sure as shit did not phone in the 360 version of The Witcher 2. This game will be fine. Come back in a year when it's actually out.

This is nonsense. Arkham Knight had HUGE framerate problems during its last demo, but people had sense not to over report it - and it comes out sooner than this.

Let people finish games before you dissect them with usual stuff like this, Games can look messy even in the weeks up to release - let alone a month (or in this case, almost a year) out.

Sites reporting hit bating nonsense like this should be ashamed.

Guess Who

Banned
As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

If, hypothetically, this is true, then the poor performance on the PS4 and Xbone is more down to how god damned absurd the system requirements for the game are than any deficiencies in console hardware.

JayEH

Yeah I wouldn't put too much stock in this claim. The Witcher 3 will definitely be a really demanding game but how can someone know about the resolution already? Game is still a far way off.

antitrop

If it looks like Witcher 2 on PS4, then the devs done fucked up.

The Witcher 2 could totally be a PS4 game.

The statement in the OP is stupid, but still, they could port TW2 to the PS4 and it would fit in with the rest of the library just fine, visually.

Sentenza

If, hypothetically, this is true, then the poor performance on the PS4 and Xbone is more down to how god damned absurd the system requirements for the game are than any deficiencies in console hardware.

If, hypothetically, any of this was true, people should *still* wait and see what the game is actually moving and at what level of detail, before making ANY sort of claim about the amount of "optimization" involved.
But I guess at this point this a lost battle for common sense, as people like to use "optimization" as a buzzword without making any effort to understand what it means.

As always, take what you just read with a grain of salt. CD Projekt RED may further optimize its title, meaning that the game may run better on the aforementioned platforms.

I hate it when they phrase it like this.

Taking something "with a grain of salt" means you don't believe the story, not that you believe it but it may change in the future.

BF4 was 900p too.

I know, but everything after that is 1080p.

Anyway the game is still almost a year away, so even if the rumour is true they still have a lot of time to optimize it. Both Sony and MS will almost certainly update their API tools and reduce OS footprint by then.

Kssio_Aug

Thats bullshit or the game is unbelievable unoptimized. Can't see other option.

If, hypothetically, any of this was true, people should *still* wait and see what the game is actually moving and at what level of detail, before making ANY sort of claim about the amount of "optimization" involved.
But I guess at this point this a lost battle for common sense, as people like to use "optimization" as a buzzword without making any effort to understand what it means.

Similiar to The Witcher 2 its clearly not good enough for current gen systems to justify such a resolution or be compared to PC minimum settings.

Eh, Metro: Last Light and Crysis 3 don't have very different performance I think. Having figured of games with all the bells and whistles on is always a bit of bullshit to me when there are some settings that just cripple the framerate where it is perfectly fine to turn them off.

But this game doesn't even look impressive.

This. It looks a bit better than Witcher 2.

Er, having Witcher 2 fidelity in an open world setting is pretty damn impressive since The Witcher 2 still looks great.

Aside of that, I'm not sure if they already implemented the new lightning, I don't think so and they probably improve things in the coming time as the same thing happened with the Witcher 2. It also already looks a bit better than 2 imo.

Paracelsus

I bet if it wasn't for all those bloated barely helpful lighting engines most games would still be maxed out on a 580.

erawsd

Sub-1080 @ 30fps, I'm sure that is what most of us expect. However, a game that looks like the Witcher 2? That sounds ridiculous.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If true, I hope the extra time can benefit all platforms in terms of performance. Of all the upcoming games we know of, this is the one I was most expecting to not be 1080p on PS4 despite hoping it will be.

Guess Who

Banned

I'm not making any claims regarding optimization. Regardless of how much detail the game is pushing, those claimed system requirements are absurd simply because they're beyond what all but the biggest enthusiasts actually have, in the same way Crysis was absurd in 2007.

Top Bottom