• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt (GOTY) rated by PEGI for XSX and PS5

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://pegi.info/search-pegi?q=the witcher 3&op=Search&age[0]=&descriptor[0]=&publisher=&platform[0]=&release_year[0]=&page=1&form_build_id=form-P53GxZ_ZZWkxJtIrPuBvuP1nFGUsEui4WkNb5SsMih0&form_id=pegi_search_form

3bI4eP.jpg

Last edited:

vkbest

The PC upgrade is a patch you download.

I was talking about consoles, on PC that is not even confirmed too. Could be a new enhanced version free to owners of original game. Anyway is there any confirmed new enhancements? RT or some similar?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
The Witcher 3 is the new Skyrim, milking the hell out of it.

200.gif

Whats does that mean exactly? are we close to release?

Hopefully. They committed to having it ready before year end. But obviously issues with Cyberpunk etc. mean things are up in the air. Hopefully this will mean we see it before Christmas. I have my deathmarch run to complete and I have missed Yen and Kiera.......

Last edited:

EDMIX

They have a lot of questions to answer if this version doesn't look like that 2013 trailer.

We can blame last gen consoles for that if we want to go that route (while ignoring games that look better and actually work mind you) ,but what the fuck they going to say on PS5 and Series X if it doesn't actually look like that 2013 trailer? The downgrade was bad enough, the lies they did during that time was bad enough, but to dead ass find out they also lied ABOUT THE LIE would be pretty fucking damning. Like....was it a downgrade? Did what we saw even fucking exist as a working game or?

RecklessGaseousKingsnake-size_restricted.gif

cyen

They have a lot of questions to answer if this version doesn't look like that 2013 trailer.

We can blame last gen consoles for that if we want to go that route (while ignoring games that look better and actually work mind you) ,but what the fuck they going to say on PS5 and Series X if it doesn't actually look like that 2013 trailer? The downgrade was bad enough, the lies they did during that time was bad enough, but to dead ass find out they also lied ABOUT THE LIE would be pretty fucking damning. Like....was it a downgrade? Did what we saw even fucking exist as a working game or?

Dont get your hopes up or you Will be extremely disapointed.

EDMIX

Dont get your hopes up or you Will be extremely disapointed.

At this point, not much this publisher does surprises me anymore. We will pay attention to what happens with this, but I don't have much hope invested.

Vae_Victis

Banned

The 2013 trailer was a vertical slice, not a game. CDPR confirmed as such later on.

They are not going to re-build the entire game at its foundations and swap out half the assets to make it look like that.

Expect PC max settings with possibly a couple new minor systems tacked-on, like ray-tracing for water reflections, new cloth physics or stuff like that.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Awesome, will play the superior version in 10 years when I will be going with my kids through all the games. Probably at that point we will also have Witcher 4 to go through.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Looking forward to be playing this for the first time - although I'm not usually into long-haired men riding horses in a medieval setting.

pretty sure that if you own it on Xbox and have a Series X then you'll get the GOTY version for free. same on PC...if you already own it you'll be able to download it.

this listing is just for people who go out and buy it. you can either buy the Xbox Series X version off the shelf or you can go buy the Xbox One version and stick it in.

it'll be the same for Cyberpunk. we're waiting on the "next gen patch". if you bought it on PS4 and play it on PS5 you'll get the patch. if you haven't bought it and have a PS5 you can buy the PS5 version when it comes out.

Last edited:
As there seems to be some confusion, from the press release when this upgrade was announced.
CD Projekt Red:
We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!
Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.
The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Rock Paper Shotgun

EDIT
I should add that on consoles there was quite a few improvements in terms of performance that came to the later expansion packs that weren't present in the original game and it did look noticeably better in places. Unfortunately the work involved in bringing those tech updates to a much earlier build of the engine meant that it just wasn't worth the time or money that it would have taken for them to so that.
I'm really please that we'll at least be getting those updates and more but I do hope that the performance is a lot smoother all round in the newer versions. The controls always felt really slow to me.

Last edited:
It's both, I'm pretty sure? I mean that it's gonna be a Ghost of Tsushima situation where you can either update your PS4 version or buy the native PS5 version, and in either case you end up with the same thing.
that's correct or at least the general idea.

it's likely that it might not be a patch but instead they will just add the new version to your library. i mean if you're playing the XB1 version on Series X instead of a patch you might need to uninstall the XB1 version and download the Series X. if you don't have it installed then Smart Delivery will download the Series X version instad of Xbox One.

if you have already bought the game you'll get the GOTY version for free. or you can go out and buy the Series X/PS5 version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom