• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With more and more Playstation game heading to PC do you really need to buy PS5?

Do you still need to buy PS5 if their game are coming to PC ?

• Total voters

Journey

Banned
Not if all exclusives are coming to PC and you have a gaming PC, but there are still gamers who prefer consoles or believe it's the more efficient route to move up to next gen 🤷‍♂️

NickFire

I suppose that wherever you find people who think 599 is a console price sweet spot, you are bound to find people who assume everyone with a playstation also has a gaming PC.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I already explained all my reasoning before

This just made my decision

I no longer need to buy PS5

PC covers all i need from PS5

This will encourage more and more people who game on Playstation to migrate to PC

And at the same process.. Sony will lose billions from PS Plus subscribers who abandoned their platform and heading to PC...

This will be their downfall..

The casuals who game on FIFA and COD will probably stick around...but not gamers like me who cares about exclusive game...

Nintendo will be the only console i invest in the future alongside PC...

Last edited:

Aranea

Not all games will become available on PC so having both will continue being an option for me (whenever the PS5 is released that's it). I also enjoy trophy hunting on PSN and i don't wanna throw all of that progress.

Namon

Neo Member
I do. I get all the arguments for PC gaming, and they are correct, but I still just prefer consoles. And my budget is only that 5-600 bucks and frankly a gaming PC at that price range is not a whole lot better anyway and it's still a whole lot more work. Consoles are just out of the box and very turn key and things are just easier across the board for me. The only way a PC is more tempting is if the PS5 comes out of the gate way under 10 Flops and it's obvious they won't be hitting 60 FPS even in the beginning.

Saber

Gold Member
But PS5 not even launched yet lol

Isn't this like an overreaction because of the last PS4 game? Not against playing games on PC though.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
You do if you don't want to wait years for a PC release.

If every other upcoming PS is coming to PC even a year latter..with complete GOTY edition and Steam summer sales..hell yeah why not?

Il wait for that instead...we got busy jobs and plenty other game to play in between...

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Do you have to play all Sony games on day one on a PS?

Do you care if some Sony first party games come on PSNow, release later like Horizon or are multiplat a like MLB the Show?

If you said No. Play on PC.

JCK75

All I know is it's a good thing for everyone, People who preferred PS4 over PC will prefer PS5 and it won't shrink Market share one bit.. but I certainly do love more games as a primarily PC gamer.

Aion002

I can't wait for a game to get on sale most of times... having to wait 2 or 3 years for a God of War or an Uncharted would be impossible.

Psykodad

Banned
If every other upcoming PS is coming to PC even a year latter..with complete GOTY edition and Steam summer sales..hell yeah why not?

Il wait for that instead...we got busy jobs and plenty other game to play in between...
Fair enough. But there is still relevance to a PS5, because merely a year is wishful thinking.

Personally, I could wait.

Let's put this in a perspective from my preference if you will. I freaking love Halo. But I also love having the best experience if I can, especially for the games that I love.

This is a hypothetical scenario....

So, lets say I only have a PC atm. No xbox. I hear that the new Halo is coming out for PC as well as xbox, but on pc a few months or so later. This is the only way I can play atm so I wait and play it on PC and have a blast at it's max. Later, when I have money to buy a new gpu or a console or whatever I want, a second game is announced. The question I have now, is do I wait to play it on PC at the best possible quality to have the best experience for the game I love with the bells and whistles that I've come to enjoy playing it with on pc... Or do I spend money on a console and have my first experience with the game be less than I know it could be for me on PC?

For me, I value my first experience with things. So I would wait till I could make it the best I can depending on how much I like it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
There are a handful of exclusives coming to PC. Bloodborne is still not announced so if you want to play that you need Playstation.

At any rate the games coming to PC tend to take a while. Years even. So if you don’t get a PS5 you could end up waiting years for that PC port.

However, my stance on having a console for the living room for friends and family to abuse and a PC for the man cave still stands. I think they are a perfect pair.

-Troid-

Banned
Aren't the games coming to PC pretty old PS4 ports and not new releases? They're not really saying future PS5 exclusives are going to PC yet are they? As far as I know they aren't.

I don't see Sony making new releases on PS4 and/or PS5 release simultaneously on PC any time soon. Maybe later, but I'm willing to bet most PS fans rather play them sooner than wait for a PC port 1-2 years later.

This whole "PS5 exclusives will also release on PC speculation" doesn't seem to hold a lot of water.

So far, what all PS exclusives have migrated to PC? Death Stranding, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and the Quantic Dream trio? With how many exclusive games that exist, can we really label five games (two of which were originally released on PS3 which also had a massive amount of exclusive content) as "more and more" PS games coming to PC, especially with 2 of the 3 studios not being owned by Sony?

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
I voted no on that basic question but if there are exclusives that I want that don't come to PC then IMO a PS5 is required.

Another potential reason to buy one for me would be backwards compatability of all previous systems. If that is true and the emulation has upscaling and is not just running the base game are native resolution then I would get it for that feature alone.

I use many emulators on my PC and if I can have a machine that takes all the hassle out of that and makes it look just as good at the same time I would pay for that.

ZywyPL

Banned
Not really, given Sony's exclusives are purely SP-based, even if they will be released 3-4 years later on PC it won't hurt at all, the story, gameplay etc. will still be there, as oppose to MP-focused games where after such a long time the game is long time dead. And with Steam refunds people will be able to try DS and check whether they like it or not, just as what happend with Quantic Dreams' games for example. I actually find PS exclusives to be more valuable on PC than PS4/5 itself.

FranXico

I already explained all my reasoning before

This just made my decision

I no longer need to buy PS5

PC covers all i need from PS5

This will encourage more and more people who game on Playstation to migrate to PC

And at the same process.. Sony will lose billions from PS Plus subscribers who abandoned their platform and heading to PC...

This will be their downfall..

The casuals who game on FIFA and COD will probably stick around...but not gamers like me who cares about exclusive game...

Nintendo will be the only console i invest in the future alongside PC...
Okay.
Sony already lost my subscription money, so...

More and more?? After this one announcement where the head of worldwide studios said that Sony aim is not to bring everything to pc.

Lol what

Some peopl shouldn't be allowed to create threads. We also already had this discussion weeks ago.

Nice concern trolling by the OP. Nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:
You do if you don't want to wait years for a PC release.

Im fine waiting a year to play PS game on PC

You have to remember theres upcoming top PC game you cant play on PS5 or xbox Series X like Diablo IV and Baldurs Gate 3

This for me means PC will have all the advantage over PS5 and Series X

I will have all PC exclusive game and PS5 + Series X game with better perfomance ( native 4K 60 fps) in one package

Last edited:

sendit

This is really getting to some people. We know that Microsoft has completely abandoned console exclusives for the Xbox. Sony has yet to make this announcement.

Would for them to do so. However, until they do the PS5 gets my purchase.

More and more?? After this one announcement where the head of worldwide studios said that Sony aim is not to bring everything to pc.

Lol what

Some peopl shouldn't be allowed to create threads. We also already had this discussion weeks ago.

Nice concern trolling by the OP. Nowhere to be seen.

Remember when Microsoft said Halo Forza and Gears will stays xbox exclusives ?

Companies and corporation decision change over time

Top Bottom