• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

With the decline of Saints Row and Just Cause, does that mean we'll never have a "major" alternative to GTA?

MvCSpiderman

Banned
Mar 22, 2017
You are thinking of Avalanche Software. Avalanche Studios Group makes Just Cause games. They are very much alive.
Not really they had mass layoffs but the point is the last two Just Cause games bombed and Square left. Unlikely we see a 5th.

Not to mention Rage 2 didn't do very well either, their reputation is becoming questionable now.

eastcoastkody

Nov 5, 2016
i just want to state for the record Saints Row 1 was better than GTA IV.

I thought Watch Dogs could surpass GTA, with how good Watch Dogs 2 is but, they didn't really regress so much as kinda pivot. 3 games in and they still dont have aircraft

honestly GTA's not even GTA anymore...so who knows. We peaked at San Andreas

Woggleman

Jan 1, 2020
Saint's Row while good only really had popularity when part 2 was promoted as the fun alternative to the dark and gritty GTA IV. Once GTA V came out it was a wrap.

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
Might say Sleeping Dogs.

Woggleman

Jan 1, 2020
I heard that the original actually had cocaine when it was legal back in the day? Some reference of cocaine I think in RDR2 as well in a pharmacy or something.
The original Coke did indeed have Cocaine which was an acceptable medicine back in the day. Sigmund Freud was a big cokehead and openly promoted it.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
The original Coke did indeed have Cocaine which was an acceptable medicine back in the day. Sigmund Freud was a big cokehead and openly promoted it.

Thanks for the confirmation! Even kids seem to use some, of course in small doses as a medicinal extract:

Sepia6

Neo Member
Nov 27, 2020
Not really they had mass layoffs but the point is the last two Just Cause games bombed and Square left. Unlikely we see a 5th.

Not to mention Rage 2 didn't do very well either, their reputation is becoming questionable now.
This is incorrect. JC3 sold over 10M units and is the most commercially successful entry in the series. There were no mass layoffs at Avalanche Studios in recent years either.

Reactions: whyman