• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With Walmart cancelling preorders of SNES Classic, is NoA not doing preorders again??

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Walmart said:
Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we're truly sorry for this mistake.

Based on the wording, they are saying the item was made available for order ahead of the official release date. This sentence doesn't make sense unless NoA is mandating that companies can't let people order it before the actual release date.

Toki767

Target's Twitter confirmed they'll be doing pre-orders.

But who knows about everyone else.

Nintendo of America is always incompetent about this stuff.

Honestly NOA should just cancel preorders entirely. Make it an old fashioned system. Go wait in line.

I know it isn't ideal, but they do get to go to war with the scalpers this way.

ZeroCDR

Target's Twitter confirmed they'll be doing pre-orders.

But who knows about everyone else.

Nintendo of America is always incompetent about this stuff.

Good to know, that's where I got my pre-order for NES so I was hoping they'd do it again.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Honestly NOA should just cancel preorders entirely. Make it an old fashioned system. Go wait in line.

They just hire people (homeless) to sit in line.

This is a discussion specifically about the recent update of Walmart cancelling all orders and the possibility that it might mean NoA isn't planning on doing preorders again.. I of course know the other thread existed, I've posted in it.

Isaccard

image.png

A reply to wario's tweet

ironmang

Waiting in line for something limited is terrible. Sometimes the line doesn't matter and people who just got there will push and sprint to the front. Then you have resellers or santa claus-types who will try and talk their way into buying 5. I'd much rather NoA sell through their site only and limit it to 1 per address. At least then you don't have to wait out all night for a chance at getting one.

Zen Aku

It's scalpers. They'll send their grandma and newborn to camp out with them.

daman824

Nintendo is quite possibly the most incompetent video game company around. I'm done.

"we just had no way of forseeing this much demand, we'll try to do better in the future"-Nintendo

See you all next year when this exact same stuff happens with the n64 mini

RAIDEN1

Well at least it won't be like this when the new Genesis "mini" or the latest edition of it comes out from At Games.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Nintendo is quite possibly the most incompetent video game company around. I'm done.

"we just had no way of forseeing this much demand, we'll try to do better in the future"-Nintendo

this isn't Nintendo's fault.

Kadin

This is a discussion specifically about the recent update of Walmart cancelling all orders and the possibility that it might mean NoA isn't planning on doing preorders again.. I of course know the other thread existed, I've posted in it.
That thread is for all things preorder related. Really don't see the need for another topic about it since the mods have been pretty (rightfully) aggressive with closing threads like these down.

Blizzard

Banned
Based on the wording, they are saying the item was made available for order ahead of the official release date. This sentence doesn't make sense unless NoA is mandating that companies can't let people order it before the actual release date.
I thought the same thing when I read it (my Wal-mart single preorder got cancelled). It's worded to imply there will be no preorders despite information to the contrary.

I can't believe they glitched Wal-mart's system to make it available for pre-order so they can tell Wal-mart that it shouldn't be for preorder yet.

Petrae

Nintendo should just ship one SNES Mini for each store, with a chain to hang it from the ceiling and a few ladders. At midnight on launch day, let customers fight for it, WWE-style.

The footage and publicity would be incredible. I'm sure we'd get some killer JR commentary, too.

"Look at the carnage, King! Wait a minute... BAH GAWD! That's Jimmy's mom! She took two chair shots, but she's on her feet and is slowly climbing up the... now Scott's dad is up, too! He's shaking the ladder! SHE HAS A FAMILY, BAH GAWD! DON'T DO IT! NO! NO!"

*sickening thud*

"She's broken in half! She's broken in half!"

BriGuy

Got the email an hour ago. I like the "I hope you'll give us a chance to earn your business again" line. Yeah, no.

I'll try to get a pre-order in elsewhere, and failing that, I'm getting a Retropie and loading it with the same games and then some. Including Starfox 2 when it inevitably gets ripped off the mini console. I'm sick and tired of Nintendo's bullshit and rewarding them for it.

Blizzard

Banned
I like how I got the Wal-mart email, and THEN a preorder date has changed update email also from Wal-mart telling me the new release date. It's like adding insult to injury.

And last but not least the website still shows it as Processing rather than Cancelled, so I get to suffer a little more before they finally pull the trigger. :p

Dishwalla

Banned
Feel like the folks at Nintendo enjoy watching us dorks fight and struggle to buy their products. It's like a reality television show to them.

bronk

Banned
Nintendo should just ship one SNES Mini for each store, with a chain to hang it from the ceiling and a few ladders. At midnight on launch day, let customers fight for it, WWE-style.

The footage and publicity would be incredible. I'm sure we'd get some killer JR commentary, too.

"Look at the carnage, King! Wait a minute... BAH GAWD! That's Jimmy's mom! She took two chair shots, but she's on her feet and is slowly climbing up the... now Scott's dad is up, too! He's shaking the ladder! SHE HAS A FAMILY, BAH GAWD! DON'T DO IT! NO! NO!"

*sickening thud*

"She's broken in half! She's broken in half!"
I love this lol

Well at least it won't be like this when the new Genesis "mini" or the latest edition of it comes out from At Games.
Of course not, because nobody wants one of those because the sound quality is shiiiiiit, just as with every other AtGames Genesis made in the past 5 years or so

Top Bottom