• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With your CyberPunk Money Back, Buy Ghost of Tsushima

Bkdk

Excuse me?

5f9RY0n.png

TO5Bxyf.png

j8Jim9b.png

r6YUr3X.png

Rc53y1Z.png

Wanting to have humans looking like humans (and actually succeeding unlike Ubisoft games for instance)= some of the worst character design ever for AAA gaming?

But even Legends aside.. i'm honestly baffled by this take. I mean, i remember the face of every single character i've met in the game.

Really hate ghost of taushima’s type of character design especially in Japanese setting, should’ve hired Japanese character art design to do the chars and do it more like many Japanese AAA’s style.

bender

What time is it?
From one uninspired open world game to the next. At least GOT is beautiful and performs well.

Vick

Gold Member
Really hate ghost of taushima’s type of character design especially in Japanese setting, should’ve hired Japanese character art design to do the chars and do it more like many Japanese AAA’s style.

Despite the title, Yakuza director disagrees in the interview.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
As someone who owns ghosts of tsushima... Nah. It's sonys attempt to make an ubisoft game. Instead buy Immortals. Ubisofts take on Zelda and probably is down to 30 already.

WildBoy

Ghost of Tsushima was decidedly average to me. After the first 5 hours it all just repeats itself. The following birds and foxes thing gets boring fast.

I have done a good amount of sidequests in Cyberpunk and almost done with the main campaign, after I finish it I will get my money back and take Ghost for sure.

Bkdk

Vick

Gold Member
As someone who owns ghosts of tsushima... Nah. It's sonys attempt to make an ubisoft game. Instead buy Immortals. Ubisofts take on Zelda and probably is down to 30 already.
So don't buy a Sony top tier attempt in improving Ubisoft games, and buy an actual Ubisoft game attempting to recreate a top tier Nintendo game.

c5b.gif

Oh yeah I remember I saw this too, he probably knows doing tsushima’s char design would be suicidal for the Japanese market, so I’m lucky otherwise I probably won’t enjoy Yakuza series much.
He was so shocked by Jin looking like a human, lol.
But i feel you, i too love Yakuza art style.

Ghost of Tsushima was decidedly average to me. After the first 5 hours it all just repeats itself. The following birds and foxes thing gets boring fast.
Go for main quests, then?

Last edited:

Royal-Slime

Banned
I'm playing it, and the game is fun. But that's it.

Cant say that I'm finding it great.

Graphics are really nice, I love the lack of minimap, very clean ui

But the story/characters are a snoozefest. Jim has the charisma of a plank of wood. Can't skip dialogue even in sidequests. Cutscene direction/dialogue is subpar compared to Horizon or Days Gone.

What keeps me playing is the gameplay. It's excellent, way better than any other open world this generation. Challenging, snapy, diverse. Taking down enemy camps is a chore in any other game, but I love killing mongols in this game. Always feels good.

So yeah, expect a 8/10 game.

I find it overrated, but I find every open world game by Sony to be overrated lol

Never really enjoyed Horizon or Days Gone that much, but everyone seem to love them.
Sony exclusives are very specifc and that's a good thing. When games try to please everyone, it doesn't turn out well.

Astral Dog

how about stop buying OpEn WoRlD gAmEs?

H2x1_NSwitchDS_Hades_image1600w.png

support this gem of a game

it's on sale on EGS for a tenner right now
Ive seen HADES around, but i normally don't care much about Indies with a few exceptions, it looks like a dungeon crawler what makes it so good?

GhostOfTsu

Banned
GOT IS THE GOAT SO YESSS!!!

2020 was a crazy year but I will always remember my time with this gem. Most impressive game on PS4/PS5.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I'm playing it, and the game is fun. But that's it.

Cant say that I'm finding it great.

Graphics are really nice, I love the lack of minimap, very clean ui

But the story/characters are a snoozefest. Jim has the charisma of a plank of wood. Can't skip dialogue even in sidequests. Cutscene direction/dialogue is subpar compared to Horizon or Days Gone.

What keeps me playing is the gameplay. It's excellent, way better than any other open world this generation. Challenging, snapy, diverse. Taking down enemy camps is a chore in any other game, but I love killing mongols in this game. Always feels good.

So yeah, expect a 8/10 game.

I find it overrated, but I find every open world game by Sony to be overrated lol

Never really enjoyed Horizon or Days Gone that much, but everyone seem to love them.

After you the combat system clicks it is a non stop excellent ride. Also the game is GORGEOUS and this is from someone who played it on a base PS4.

Mozzarella

Already played Ghost of Tsushima, its a good game 7/10. I think it got overblown just because it came after The Last of Us Part 2 and Naughty Dog haters wanted something to praise to SHOW them Naughty Boys how its done. I thought it was just good and didnt deserve the hype around it. I would say though, its better than The Last of Us Part 2 indeed.

Hugare

Sony exclusives are very specifc and that's a good thing. When games try to please everyone, it doesn't turn out well.
The only thing that I would call "specific" in Horizon, Days Gone and GoT would be setting and presentation budget

They follow typical open world tropes. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, as I said before, I love GoT gameplay so much that I enjoy taking down camps and etc.

But yeah, I wouldnt call those different or innovative. Different games wouldnt sell as much as those Sony exclusives, and they know it.

Vick

Gold Member
Already played Ghost of Tsushima, its a good game 7/10. I think it got overblown just because it came after The Last of Us Part 2 and Naughty Dog haters wanted something to praise to SHOW them Naughty Boys how its done. I thought it was just good and didnt deserve the hype around it. I would say though, its better than The Last of Us Part 2 indeed.
TLoUII hater here. Well, i guess, loved alot of things in that game.
But you couldn't be further from the truth, at least in my case. GoT is in my Top 10 of all time, regardless of what ND did.

But yeah, I wouldnt call those different or innovative. Different games wouldnt sell as much as those Sony exclusives, and they know it.
I mean, Days Gone is completely unique. Which other multi region free roam survival horror can you think of in which every moment of traversal could turn to 0 to 100 in seconds, that also features 500 enemies on screen running towards you while climbing onto one another?
And GoT is indeed innovative, the wind guide instead of map is nowhere else and a pretty big deal given the impact it have on the way you engage with traversal. Also, how many free roams feature multi stance combat?
I think you're underselling both these games.
And Horizon as well, that kind of combat heavily based on removing parts, on those kinds of enemies roaming the map, was nowhere else at the time.

Last edited:
How about we support actual good ones and stop acting as if a genre is inherently bad and to blame for the lack of General creativity in the games industry?

And if you're seriously implying this is like a Ubisoft game... lmao

Last edited:

Hugare

TLoUII hater here. Well, i guess, loved alot of things in that game.
But you couldn't be further from the truth, at least in my case. GoT is in my Top 10 of all time, regardless of what ND did.

I mean, Days Gone is completely unique. Which other multi region free roam survival horror can you think of in which every moment of traversal could turn to 0 to 100 in seconds, that also features 500 enemies on screen running towards you while climbing onto one another?
And GoT is indeed innovative, the wind guide instead of map is nowhere else and a pretty big deal given the impact it have on the way you engage with traversal. Also, how many free roams feature multi stance combat?
I think you're underselling both these games.
And Horizon as well, that kind of combat heavily based on removing parts, on those kinds of enemies roaming the map, was nowhere else at the time.
Oh man, I dont think that even Days Gone director would call it unique

"It's a post apocaliptic zombie story where you control a man searching for his wife, while he faces hordes and other survivors"

That sounds original to you? And AGAIN, I dont mean it in a bad way. If I read the synopsis of The Last of Us without knowing about the game, I would roll my eyes.

Execution is what matters. And the execution in Days Gone was ok, even good. Just not very original.

The horde thing was new, but everything else, was really by the numbers.

The GoT wind mechanic was amazing, but again, one mechanic. The rest was The Witcher 3 light with good combat.

Horizon had the cool mechanic of taking off parts from the dinos but, sidequests were as boring and mundane as ever. Climbing towering dinos just like FarCry towers...

I'll give you examples of what I'm trying to say: Death Stranding. THAT was a different, unique and innovative take on the open world formula.

Another one: The Last Guardian. Another amazing exclusive that you cant compare to anything else.

But for being different, these 2 games didnt sell very well. So thats why I cant blame Sony for sticking to the formula.

Last edited:

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
So don't buy a Sony top tier attempt in improving Ubisoft games, and buy an actual Ubisoft game attempting to recreate a top tier Nintendo game.

c5b.gif
Exactly. why would I pay someone to make a great Ubisoft open world when I can have someone copy the greatest game of all time?
Neither are perfect games however one is much fresher in its inspiration, setting and gameplay.
The biggest things ghosts brought in was directional wind and the dueling sequence that doesn't change all that much.

kyussman

GOT was fantastic....if someone is still wanting an rpg with lots of dialogue though I'd recommend The Outer Worlds too,I'm playing it now and it's just a really good time all round.

RyRy93

It's a good game but I'd advise against this, a broken CP2077 is still better than a polished GoT and CDPR will surely fix the flaws.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
How about we support actual good ones and stop acting as if a genre is inherently bad and to blame for the lack of General creativity in the games industry?

no just that it's another fucking open world game where you clear your map

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
By actually exploring it and doing things, yes.

Y'know... the fun way?
dunno m8 like i said before the swordfighting is pretty dope..
but i don't think i'm alone with getting a bit open world tired

i own GoT and after 6 hours or so it just got boring

Last edited:
My GF gifted me GoT for Xmas, it was a early gift to get it on discount over BF PSN Deals Section.

Game is amazing and you should buy it with the money from CB, in fact you´ll even save some since i believe IT IS ON SALE AGAIN!

Here´s my takeaways:

- Huge, Beautiful Map.
- Tales feel like Main Missions, Main Missions are even better.
- Excellent Combat, no perfect but damn good.
- Graphics are outstading & 60fps on Ps5. pretty much locked too!
- Gameplay is also pretty fun and strikes a great balance.

+

Yep, buy it.

Btw. such a good costumes

Guilty_AI

I honestly wish there was a good replacement.
The fact that there isn't is why people were so crazy about this game in the first place

VFXVeteran

Banned
GTAV, RDR2, Far Cry 4 and I can go on.

What does RDR2 do when you engage in a fight that shows superior AI to any other open world game? I have Horizon, Watch Dogs, and Valhalla loaded right now. Give me the word, and I'll video record what happens when I fire my weapon at an enemy. And then record Cyberpunk doing the same thing and we can compare the outcomes.

Woggleman

When you just walk around in RDR2 it oozes interactivity. NPCs come across as actual people and many will actually remember your face if you return. If you have behaved yourself they will respond positively to you and if not they will be weary.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So the story is on the level of 0, 2 or 6?! (with 0 being my favourite)
Haven't played 2 or 6, but yeah, I would say it's at a similar level.

Maybe I'm a but biased because 7 was my first Yakuza game, but I can say that I enjoyed the story a lot, and it kept me hooked for the entirety of the game.

Good shit.

harmny

Banned

like cyberpunk?

mgs v doesn't have random npcs at all what are you talking about? nobody is complaining about the actual enemies in cyberpunk. they complain about random people on the street.

When you just walk around in RDR2 it oozes interactivity. NPCs come across as actual people and many will actually remember your face if you return. If you have behaved yourself they will respond positively to you and if not they will be weary.

yes. exactly. in Ghost of Tsushima. AC. HZD. Mass Effect. Dragon Age. The Witcher 3. you can't do shit. 3/10

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
like cyberpunk?

LIKE GHOST OF TSUSHIMA maybe? The subject of this topic? GoT is open-world done right. I couldn't get enough of it. All the side activities and side quest are meaningful, unique and gorgeous. I would replay all of it right now if I had time.

I don't know why you bring up Cyberpunk here it all. GoT is bug-free and polished as fuck with tons of support, new free dlc and multiplayer.

harmny

Banned
LIKE GHOST OF TSUSHIMA maybe? The subject of this topic? GoT is open-world done right. I couldn't get enough of it. All the side activities and side quest are meaningful, unique and gorgeous. I would replay all of it right now if I had time.

I don't know why you bring up Cyberpunk here it all. GoT is bug-free and polished as fuck with tons of support, new free dlc and multiplayer.

cyberpunk is in the title of the thread. that is why i bring it up. this is not the ghost of tsushima OT

yes. great open world game

Last edited:

Yoboman

H2x1_NSwitchDS_Hades_image1600w.png

support this gem of a game

it's on sale on EGS for a tenner right now

lK9iOjD.gif

geordiemp

thanks for agreeing with me

Sort of, you dont play Ninja gaiden, Sekiro or good action games for the NPC chats and being able to go fishing.

Ghosts is a great action game, in open world, and good dialogue for the characters you interact with. The ones you save or non active NPC are numpties I agree, but thats not why I love Ghosts.

So few games have great combat, and thats why I play games like God war or ghost of Tsushima, and get bored quickly of GTA and the like . And Cyberpunk looks even worse than GTA in action gameplay loop, and thats saying something.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

I liked it

+ Fun combat, not complex, not too simple
+ Learning moves changes combat over time
+ Great look and feel, ambiance
+ Cute little touches (Foxes, etc.)
+ Good main story, although fairly cliche
+ Fast load times even on PS4

- Unskippable cut scenes, including loads of pointless ones
- Incredibly boring "follow me and talk" missions
- Outside of unlocking moves; loot and other progression systems fairly unsatisfying
- Most side stories bored me to tears
Sony open world are like that. 50% potential game of the century/50% tedious and empty.

HZD :
++ fight amazing robot dinosaurs
-- collect coffee cups for achievement (vendor sells map to help you)

harmny

Banned
Sort of, you dont play Ninja gaiden, Sekiro or good action games for the NPC chats and being able to go fishing.

Ghosts is a great action game, in open world, and good dialogue for the characters you interact with. The ones you save or non active NPC are numpties I agree, but thats not why I love Ghosts.

So few games have great combat, and thats why I play games like God war or ghost of Tsushima, and get bored quickly of GTA and the like . And Cyberpunk looks even worse than GTA in action gameplay loop, and thats saying something.

no i don't mean thanks for agreeing with me that got's npcs are shit. thanks for agreeing with me that having shit random npcs on action adventure/rpg games doesn't mean anything because you don't play those games for them. however i have to disagree on the last part. cyberpunk has a much better action gameplay loop than gta. not a better sandbox though.

Top Bottom