• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 8•04-06•17 - Man in Black kidnaps #1, Dun' not done son, Woman nears $400m DOM

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
He always said he wants to be behind the camera, might be his way of learning the ropes

You have to start here

51XB9H1X98L.jpg

Shit, Orlando Bloom's in this one too.

Penguin

Josh Hartnett was a national treasure!

Though got to say turning down the chance to be Batman in Nolan's films will be one of those great Hollywood blunders.

Oh definitely. Once Hollywood stopped trying to give him pure leading roles, he slotted back where he belongs doing great work.

Jai Courtney and the rest can do the same. They can be the dude on the last spot of love triangle, or the new guy who gets unceremoniously killed when the bad thing happens.

nah man. I think its being disingenuous to compare them to Farrell. You're right that they all seem to fare better as supporting players. But Colin has worked with some gawds, many of which would never even look at the other people on the list (and lets face it, Chris Evans too tbh) as like even a 5th choice for a supporting role. He's a good actor too when given something decent, leading or supporting.

These directors clearly see he's worth a shot.

He's not like on the level of Bale or something but man is hella reliable. early 00s he would have belonged there though no doubt. but he got better, as did his choice of projects.

Oh man, Josh Hartnett.

him and Orlando Bloom both put in okay at best performances opposite some titans in two Ridley Scott movies. can't believe a beast like Tom Hardy was just a scrub soldier in Black Hawk Down haha. Now he's the biggest thing about that movie.

Certinty

Chris Evans was awesome in Gifted and the movie itself was great. Shame more people didn't see it, what a lovely touching movie.

lol yo that fucking Umbrella/Retracting claw though.

the casts Vaughn tends to assemble can be pretty nuts. Liking everyone on the American side on this one, Statesmen look great. Casting Julianne Moore as the bad guy is dope too.

I loved that goddamn umbrella claw

I'm so stoked Firth is back in it but I have serious concerns some swerve/fuckery is about

My most memorable Josh Hartnett...anything was that he was Iago in a modern interpretation of Othello (Remember when that was a fad??).

Remember when they tried with Armie Hammer as Lone Ranger. He's been doing good work as a supporting actor though including the the much buzzed about Call Me by your Name.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Remember when they tried with Armie Hammer as Lone Ranger. He's been doing good work as a supporting actor though including the the much buzzed about Call Me by your Name.

Shit, that's another good pick. Although I think Hollywood stopped trying to make him happen pretty quick

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Can we really say they tried, when he had his one role, then went back to small flicks and supporting roles.

Penguin

We can mock the movie, but will always welcome it into my heart because of that nearly 10 minute version of the theme.

Hmm would Shia count as a successful experiment that ended up failing due to his own personal life?

Which also reminds me of Julia Stiles being a thing, and looking at her filmography, doing 3 Shakespeare adaptations as the primary love interest in 2 years (O, 10 Things, and Ethan Hawke's Hamlet).

Poor Aaron Eckhart

At least Eckhart got Thank You For Smoking, which I love. I always imagined him settling into Jeremy Piven type supporting roles as the perpetual asshole.

We can mock the movie, but will always welcome it into my heart because of that nearly 10 minute version of the theme.

Hmm would Shia count as a successful experiment that ended up failing due to his own personal life?

apart from Force Awakens this was my favorite Disney produced live action movie of the decade tbh.

i'm glad hammer landed on his feet in the last little while. if he gets an oscar nomination for call me by your name that would be nuts.

Armie Hammer is great in Lone Ranger, though. He doesn't have a big franchise to hang his hat on, but he's one of the talented young actors in Hollywood.

Like how people say poor Andrew Garfield for losing Spider-Man but he's been doing great working on interesting projects.

edit: I'd mention Charlie Hunnam, but even he was pretty good recently in Lost City of Z.

I liked The Lone Ranger, same with John Carter. Hell, I liked Tomorrowland. LOL

Armie Hammer is great in Lone Ranger, though. He doesn't have a big franchise to hang his hat on, but he's one of the talented young actors in Hollywood.

Like how people say poor Andrew Garfield for losing Spider-Man but he's been doing great working on interesting projects.

Garfield has been killing it post Spiderman.

I think of all the Spideys he will manage to have the best career, already starred in Scorsese's best movie in prolly over 20 years. Fincher's GOAT too. The other two are decent actors as well but Maguire just faded into the aether and Holland looks like he'll be forever stuck looking like a 15 year old kid lol. thats gotta be limiting at some point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I liked The Lone Ranger, same with John Carter. Hell, I liked Tomorrowland. LOL

Now you gotta add Britt Robertson to the list of failed Hollywood pushes. I think Fassbender has to go on the list too. He's legit box office poison outside of X-Men films

I'll sign off on both The Lone Ranger and Tomorrowland though. TL's biggest problem is the story isn't really as imaginative as it could be. Both good popcorn movies though. Better than Pirates has been in a decade.

Tomorrowland's problems:

It makes George Clooney reallllly close to a pedophile
He should've just been the main character
For being Tomorrowland, only Hugh Laurie lives in it
It is incredibly violent

Andrew Garfield was doing interesting movies before Spidey (Never Let Me Go, Social Network), though, he just went right back to where he left off after it was over.

Now you gotta add Britt Robertson to the list of failed Hollywood pushes. I think Fassbender has to go on the list too. He's legit box office poison outside of X-Men films

I was about to say that I don't consider someone box office poison until they fail to open an actual good movie, but then I remembered that Steve Jobs biopic, and that it got good reviews, IIRC.

Oh, I got one--Miles Teller. Dude was good in Spectacular Now and Whiplash.

Then you got a string of Divergent, Fantastic Four, and one of those forgettable boxing movies that wasn't Creed in that 2015 to 2016 period.

Prompto

Banned

Then you got a string of Divergent, Fantastic Four, and one of those forgettable boxing movies that wasn't Creed in that 2015 to 2016 period.
War Dogs didn't do well either.

And it must have hurt to have been fired and replaced with Ryan Gosling in La La Land and see it have all that success.

It was another one of those forgettable boxing movies, but I liked Southpaw and it did decent at the Box office.

I fuck with Antoine Fuqua movies. they're decent at best with some corny scenes and music choices (man is fucking with Eminem way too much) but I always have fun with them.

Magnificent Seven remake was an alright time.

I'm glad Equalizer: Home Depot Assassin is getting a sequel too.

Coin Farrell is better than the rest combined.

easily. was the best part of that fantastic beasts movie too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I was about to say that I don't consider someone box office poison until they fail to open an actual good movie, but then I remembered that Steve Jobs biopic, and that it got good reviews, IIRC.

Really loved that Steve Jobs movie, Fassbender should have taken Best Actor for that performance.

This post is CRAP.

I guess I liked the cast from Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, Rachel McAdams, and Naomie Harris. Hell I even liked 50 Cent in this.

I liked the cast, but it felt really by the numbers for me. Also kinda felt like they were just piling on bad shit after bad shit on poor Gyllenboxer

Colin Farrell is wasting his Disney money on the live action Dumbo.

He already cashed in on Disney with that Saving Mr. Banks movie, which was probably top 5 for me when it came out that year. I dunno what it is but I'm a sucker for the lower budget Disney stuff, especially the sports dramas like Miracle

Top Bottom