• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolcen Lords of Mayhem - Console Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem will be released on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on March 15, 2023.

This version of the game will be the final complete edition and will include “Endgame” - the fourth act of the Wolcen story, providing players with a definitive conclusion to the epic adventure that originally began on PC.

Owners of the PC version of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem will also get Act 4 as a free download on the same date as the console players.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Anyone who’s played on PC, is this worth getting into as a solo player? Can I knock out all post game alone? If I do decide to play coop, is there matchmaking with randoms available?

Last edited:

Desless1

Oh this is a surprise. Nice. Had tons of bugs and issues when released on PC no?

Assume this will all be good now and actually working properly.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Wow I had no idea they were still updating this game. Demo was fun but the game was broken as hell at launch (as in, some of the skills on the skill trees didn’t even do anything and it made many builds unviable. Seems like the audience died off quickly.

Any idea what the game is like now? Might have to try it out.

Kenpachii

Played it on PC, devs deserted the game short after release. I am shocked its still actually going on.

Would avoid with diablo 4 on the way.

Hot5pur

Anyone who’s played on PC, is this worth getting into as a solo player? Can I knock out all post game alone? If I do decide to play coop, is there matchmaking with randoms available?

Oh this is a surprise. Nice. Had tons of bugs and issues when released on PC no?

Assume this will all be good now and actually working properly.

I dropped it on pc after 2-3 hours. No idea how good it is today. It had something, but also not enough to keep me playing.

Wow I had no idea they were still updating this game. Demo was fun but the game was broken as hell at launch (as in, some of the skills on the skill trees didn’t even do anything and it made many builds unviable. Seems like the audience died off quickly.

Any idea what the game is like now? Might have to try it out.
Okay I'm the biggest cheerleader for this game as my partner and I have many hours in it. It has been definitely fixed and refined, it's not perfect but honestly I've played through it numerous times with numerous characters. The story and VA is pretty darn good too. This game to me was far better than D3.

It is fun solo and in co-op and you can find people online. The game has a meaty campaign and the endgame castle building is pretty nice. My fav part of the game is build customization and how you can make interesting hybrid builds. There are no classes but rather the skills you equip and talent tree define your class. Somehow it all comes together nicely.

I think you can find this game for under $20 on keysites or on sale (PC). And they are extending the game with another act and adding a bunch of stuff. Like it's silly to pass this up if you enjoy stuff like Diablo.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Okay I'm the biggest cheerleader for this game as my partner and I have many hours in it. It has been definitely fixed and refined, it's not perfect but honestly I've played through it numerous times with numerous characters. The story and VA is pretty darn good too. This game to me was far better than D3.

It is fun solo and in co-op and you can find people online. The game has a meaty campaign and the endgame castle building is pretty nice. My fav part of the game is build customization and how you can make interesting hybrid builds. There are no classes but rather the skills you equip and talent tree define your class. Somehow it all comes together nicely.

I think you can find this game for under $20 on keysites or on sale (PC). And they are extending the game with another act and adding a bunch of stuff. Like it's silly to pass this up if you enjoy stuff like Diablo.
Nice, thanks! Do you think I can solo everything the game has to offer?

Hot5pur

Nice, thanks! Do you think I can solo everything the game has to offer?
Once you get to the end game there are these Uber bosses so you need a solid build, but my understanding is the game is built as a single player experience first. It's not like D4 where you need a party to take down a world boss.

Really hope you enjoy, this is one of my fav games of the last few years (a long with outriders and GG: Strive).

Hot5pur

It’s ok. Combat is fun.

But kind of pointless with D4 round the corner.
Depends.
If you want to dump 100s of hours and play the endgame, yeah you may be better of figuring out if you want to commit to D4 first.
If you want a fun game to hold you over till June, this is well worth it, and you may still get a ton of playtime out of it before D4 drops.
Also not everyone is gonna want to drop $70 on D4 day one, though let's face it it's probably going to get support for a decade, so not the worst investment you could make.

DavidGzz

I put a good 100 hours into it. It was worth it. Bad release date. Only 2 days before D4 early access beta. Probably would have been better right after the open beta.

Ogbert

Depends.
If you want to dump 100s of hours and play the endgame, yeah you may be better of figuring out if you want to commit to D4 first.
If you want a fun game to hold you over till June, this is well worth it, and you may still get a ton of playtime out of it before D4 drops.
Also not everyone is gonna want to drop $70 on D4 day one, though let's face it it's probably going to get support for a decade, so not the worst investment you could make.
You’re right.

My post came across as overly negative. It’s a fun game. The combat especially, is visceral and impactful.

As a single player game, it’s decent.

Skifi28

I don't even know if the game is good or not, I've heard mixed things, but the timing couldn't have been worse. They're sending it out to die.

GymWolf

Controller support doesn't even work properly on pc after years of waiting and these cunts are releasing a console version?

Last edited:

Akuji

i remember playing it on release with a group of friends. Game was very fun and difficulty was from easy to hard for some people. The problem came after u played through everything and the grind began, there wasnt that much to do and progression was simply bigger numbers.
No further advances. Also only 2 Builds or so really were competetive.

If you go in for a nice 30-40 Hour fun, its a blast. If you expect the next PoE, your mistaken.

Top Bottom