• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus for free on swiss PSN woops :)

nero2082

size is 17gigs of initial download, then it continues up to 40gigs

could this be a trial version?

will check it anyway

how do you created swiss?

create new account. Selected Switzerland as region (I also selected Italian as language because I'm at work and don't have google translate as an option--little easier to decipher, plus I'm just familiar with the process by now)

I used the US swiss embassy for my address and it worked

Matter

Banned
Not a fan of the political messaging in this game, so I'll pass. But I would recommend it to people who are fine with the politics, since the first one was an amazing shooter.

create new account. Selected Switzerland as region (I also selected Italian as language because I'm at work and don't have google translate as an option--little easier to decipher, plus I'm just familiar with the process by now)

I used the US swiss embassy for my address and it worked

did all this, but at the end i must activate it as primary no?

Parapraxis

Not a fan of the political messaging in this game, so I'll pass. But I would recommend it to people who are fine with the politics, since the first one was an amazing shooter.

lol oh what a world we live in, where the message "fuck nazis" is a deal-breaker.

zeorhymer

The hell? Since day 1 it's been KILL NAZIs. You're the one who's politicizing the game.

Matter

Banned
The hell? Since day 1 it's been KILL NAZIs. You're the one who's politicizing the game.

Did you miss the part where I loved Wolfy 1?

Rewind to the game's ad campaign. Copping "Make America ___ Again," referencing "punch a Nazi," etc. All seemingly innocuous contemporary political references that just further reinforce the offensive narrative that conservatives (especially Trump supporters) are crazy Nazi sympathizers. I'll pass, thanks.

amdb00mer

I know, right? Whoever started this crap about shooting Nazis being political is an idiot. Games about shooting Nazis have been around since the 80's. These poli-tards need to get a life.

Matter

Banned
I know, right? Whoever started this crap about shooting Nazis being political is an idiot. Games about shooting Nazis have been around since the 80's. These poli-tards need to get a life.

1) Rude. And 2) it's not about shooting Nazis (I just ran through WW2's campaign, it wasn't bad), it's about consciously trying to tie conservatism to Nazi sympathizing.

amdb00mer

Rewind to the game's ad campaign. Copping "Make America ___ Again," referencing "punch a Nazi," etc. All seemingly innocuous contemporary political references that just further reinforce the offensive narrative that conservatives (especially Trump supporters) are crazy Nazi sympathizers. I'll pass, thanks.

That was just an ad campaign. This game was long in the works before orangutan Trump got elected president. Do you think they made this game in 10 months and around Trump and his supporters?

Matter

Banned
That was just an ad campaign. This game was long in the works before orangutan Trump got elected president. Do you think they made this game in 10 months and around Trump and his supporters?

I'm sure the game is as simple as "FUCK NAZIS, KILL THEM ALL," which I'm down for. But I'm not paying money to a company cool with supporting false narratives (during that marketing campaign). That's all. I had CoD WW2 and Sniper Elite 4 to satisfy my Nazi-killing appetite this year, so it's all good.

RobRSG

Seems to be the European version (CUSA07377) with multiple languages. So no censorship for this one.

RobRSG

Even if it was the full game Sony would more than likely revoke the license later on since it was a snafu.

It's weird to be the trial for one reason... There's no complete counterpart for this one. And the other version is German only.

BadHand

Those new captchas are hell when they aren't in German.

This is the international version that says it was published on "Veröffentlicht 22 Nov. 2017" which is tomorrow.

"Wolfenstein® II: The New Colossus ™ (CUSA07377) (full trial versions)"

LordRaptor

I mean.... forgive me for stating the goddamn obvious but if you're going "man, I think this ad campaign about killing literal nazis and freeing alternate timeline america from literal nazis is actually subtext dogwhistling about things I believe in" then, you know, maybe you need a huge fucking dose of introspection

It's weird to be the trial for one reason... There's no complete counterpart for this one. And the other version is German only.

Did they ever revoke the license for Knack 2 when a similar thing happened? I can check when I get home but I'm guessing they didn't

Matter

Banned
I mean.... forgive me for stating the goddamn obvious but if you're going "man, I think this ad campaign about killing literal nazis and freeing alternate timeline america from literal nazis is actually subtext dogwhistling about things I believe in" then, you know, maybe you need a huge fucking dose of introspection

I mean, you're describing the game, not the ad campaign. You just ignored the hang ups I had with using contemporary references, but whatever. I doubt you're interested in actually hearing me out.

So....it's only a trial version (as translated from the receipt in the email).

Guess my steelbook version from the game at the discounted price is redeemed for.

Pjsprojects

Made two accounts,one for the Swiss French store and one in Dutch.
The French store only shows the game and a demo.
The Dutch one has game,demo and another one without a price.

takriel

So these are the people of GAF now, huh.

Parapraxis

I mean, you're describing the game, not the ad campaign. You just ignored the hang ups I had with using contemporary references, but whatever. I doubt you're interested in actually hearing me out.

So what was wrong with the ads, were they too relevant to real world politics for your liking?
How did they offend you?
What are these "false narratives" you speak of?
It's all so intriguing lol

LordRaptor

The ad campaign is about making fictional america nazi free, because it is an advert for the game where that is its premise.

Like, if shadow of mordor had said "Make Middle Earth Orc Free Again" as its tagline, or Homefront The Revolution had been "Make America Commie Free Again" I still at no point would be sat there going "fuck you and your political commentary obviously fantastical videogame advert".

If you're sat there going "Hans, are we the baddies?" about an outlandish videogame premise, well.... thats entirely on you.

Matter

Banned
So these are the people of GAF now, huh.

If you don't like it, you may leave.

So what was wrong with the ads, were they too relevant to real world politics for your liking?
How did they offend you?
What are these "false narratives" you speak of?
It's all so intriguing lol

The false narrative is that conservatives sympathize with Nazis, which is just not the case. My grandfather lost his arm to the Nazis. I don't say that for sympathy, I say that so you understand where I'm coming from when I say I abhor the narrative that some crazy leftists spin that all conservatives agree with the alt-right/Nazis/supremacists. And just to be clear, I'm not accusing you of believing in that narrative. Using the conservative presidential nominee's slogan (and also the slogan of another prominent conservative President) in conjunction with Nazism in this political climate is very clearly one part of an intentional effort to tie these serious issues (of Nazism surging under the alt-right/the narrative of conservatives sympathizing with Nazis) to a little video game.

The ad campaign is about making fictional america nazi free, because it is an advert for the game where that is its premise.

Like, if shadow of mordor had said "Make Middle Earth Orc Free Again" as its tagline, or Homefront The Revolution had been "Make America Commie Free Again" I still at no point would be sat there going "fuck you and your political commentary obviously fantastical videogame advert".

If you're sat there going "Hans, are we the baddies?" about an outlandish videogame premise, well.... thats entirely on you.

Read the above. You cannot just ignore the context and climate we're in. Not how this works.

xion4360

I created an account and looked at it on the store.. it had the buy option, free trial option and ps+_ discounted buy option

Top Bottom