• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus listed by Amazon.de for October 27

The Flash

Banned
In my dream, I smell a barbecue. Children, a dog, and I see someone. I think I see someone. These things, none of it for me. I move by roaring engines, among warriors. We come from the night.

Zushin

Let me tell y'all a story about how awesome Machine Games are. My Dad committed suicide a few years ago, a few months later I contacted one of the devs on Twitter to let him know how much I appreciated the new Wolf because me and Dad used to play RTCW when I was a kid and enjoyed it together. Machine Games sent me a signed copy of the game with a really heartfelt message that I have framed. Really awesome people.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Let me tell y'all a story about how awesome Machine Games are. My Dad committed suicide a few years ago, a few months later I contacted one of the devs on Twitter to let him know how much I appreciated the new Wolf because me and Dad used to play RTCW when I was a kid and enjoyed it together. Machine Games sent me a signed copy of the game with a really heartfelt message that I have framed. Really awesome people.

Damn, that is really nice of them. Sorry for your loss pal

These iD properties have had some damn fantastic reboots as of late

Definitely gonna play the new order again in the next couple months before this releases. Was one of the best single player campaigns in a minute

In. It'll hold me over for Doom 2.

fLhdzT0.gif

roytheone

I hope this game introduces some more of the supernatural elements that were in return to castle wolfenstein, I want my evil demon gods from the middle ages as bosses :mad:

I know the old blood has more of that stuff, still need to play it :(

Fat4all

Banned
I hope this game introduces some more of the supernatural elements that were in return to castle wolfenstein, I want my evil demon gods from the middle ages as bosses :mad:

I know the old blood has more of that stuff, still need to play it :(

The Old Blood is not only more of the same greatness.

It's also more hilarious.

Arttemis

Fuuuuuuck yes!!!!! My urge to digitally shoot Nazi scum is higher than ever!

Awesome. First game was great.

Guess I better get going playing the first one.

This was rumored a long time ago right?
I don't know why they are calling it 2 because the previous one was already a a sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001) and Wolfenstein (2009).

I wish they'd port those two older entries into the newest engine.

In my dream, I smell a barbecue. Children, a dog, and I see someone. I think I see someone. These things, none of it for me. I move by roaring engines, among warriors. We come from the night.

Sometimes Christmas... sometimes birthdays... sometimes mayhem, suffering and death... sometimes you just need to feel... something good. .

Loved that game.

Arttemis

Sequel in name, but not quite in tone or context.
The characters in The World Order were literally continuations of their escapades from the game in 2009, and that was set after the events in the game from 2001. Caroline Becker was from the 2009 Wolfenstein, and the injury she received in that game carried over.

Cool. I loved New Order and just started Old Blood last weekend after getting it from the PSN sale for $7.

Cant wait for more monologues from B.J.

Rien

Jelly Belly
I don't know why they are calling it 2 because the previous one was already a a sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001) and Wolfenstein (2009).

I wish they'd port those two older entries into the newest engine.

Didnt knew that.. never played them either so the ports would be welcome indeed. The last Wolfenstein game i played before New Order was actually Wolfenstein 3D back in the days lol

Arttemis

I think the new order was actually a direct continuation of the story of return and 2009. Deathshead for example is in all 3 of the games.
Yes. TWO was a direct direct sequel. 2001's RtCW also had Deathshead and it fits in perfectly as a prequel to the later games.

Arttemis

While that's true, B.J. is much more defined.

Sequel in name, but not quite in tone or context.
This is so wrong!

I can understand arguing RtCW doesn't count, but it introduced Deathshead, and its plot lines up well with the '09 game. 2014's game, however, is literally a direct sequel with recurring characters even mentioning their shared Kreisau Circle exploits from the previous game.

Zushin

This is so wrong!

I can understand arguing RtCW doesn't count, but it introduced Deathshead, and its plot lines up well with the '09 game. 2014's game, however, is literally a direct sequel with recurring characters even mentioning their shared Kreisau Circle exploits from the previous game.

More evidence that RTCW is included in canon is Kessler returning in TOB (which itself is canon).

Fat4all

Banned
This is so wrong!

I ment context more in the gameplay mechanics.

Honestly, the bump to where MachineGames decided to place (and extend) their reach in the franchise might as well be the new canon going forward, for what new characterization they've added to the heroes and the villains.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Why on earth they are calling it Wolfenstein II? Wolfenstein: The New Colossus sounds much better, there's absolutely no need for numbers.

P.S. Hell, i still want a proper conclusion for my DOOM and i want to slice demons with that sword!

wrowa

Will this be the third consecutive game after Dishonored 2 and Prey that Bethesda will send out to die? Place your bets.

dreamfall

I NEED IT! I can't wait for some beautiful trailer at the Bethesda conference. Machinegames make the best shooters, give me some good feels!

Fat4all

Banned
Will this be the third consecutive game after Dishonored 2 and Prey that Bethesda will send out to die? Place your bets.

The first game sold pretty well, but it's hard to say whether or not it will keep with that trend.

The alternate history angle helped the new order a good bit, I'd imagine.

Top Bottom