• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| You don't need a Switch to play this outside!

onQ123

I don't get what you mean did the thread title change?

This is a game where you kill Nazis & KKK members in America so I take the title to mean that you don't need the Switch to play this game outside because there is Neo Nazis & KKK members running around in America now that you can kill.

Maybe that's not what's meant in the title but that's how I read it.

Ombra

This is a game where you kill Nazis & KKK members in America so I take the title to mean that you don't need the Switch to play this game outside because there is Neo Nazis & KKK members running around in America now that you can kill.

Maybe that's not what's meant in the title but that's how I read it.
I'm slow it just dawned on me what it meant. I know Nazi are the eternal enemy of good, but yeah its in terrible taste. Thanks for staying with the site by the way. Even though it says Junior by your name I know you've been here for ages.

Siddiqui

Yeah, it looks great, but I don’t need to use Google Translate to get information from this one.

It isn’t a competition.

Ok. Also, what's English for 10.27.17, PlayStation 4 and Nvidia GTX 770? Google translate just spits out the same thing.

Sanctuary

Not super huge into first-person shooters, but this game actually looks fantastic. I slept hard on TNO too, and am about to start it for the first time.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Even though i really wan't to play it, i probably not going to buy this game at launch cuz i much rather buy and play more, much less expensive and really good games on PC such as Nioh (i hope), Cuphead, Cat Quest, Battle Chasers etc.

Maybe i'll buy this during Steam sales this year (if it'll be discounted), time will tell.

Even though i really wan't to play it, i probably not going to buy this game at launch cuz i much rather buy and play more, much less expensive and really good games on PC such as Nioh (i hope), Cuphead, Cat Quest, Battle Chasers etc.

Maybe i'll buy this during Steam sales this year (if it'll be discounted), time will tell.

Or get a key from cdkeys. Much cheaper.

Most anticipated game for me.

You guys reckon there's gonna be significant differences between Pro and X versions? I was thinking about getting it for X when it drops but I don't think I have the patience.

Froz3n

Interesting, any idea where you switch between Vulkan and OpenGL? In DOOM it was in the advanced settings menu right? I don't see it on that video.

There might be a launcher. I think Wolfenstein II is supposed to support DX12 as well - or so AMD have said.

Vash63

There might be a launcher. I think Wolfenstein II is supposed to support DX12 as well - or so AMD have said.

It's entirely possible that DX12 mode is just for the Windows Store version. MachineGame's quotes indicated that Vulkan was their primary API for PC.

sertopico

Hello, is there any known way to bypass the German censorship? I'd really like to play this game but in its original language and without any kind of removed content.

Aangster

Hmmmm, the key from Cdkeys.com (indicated as global on store page) shows up as German Edition when activated :/

Aangster

Where does it say that? I activated mine and didn’t see anything like that.

On Steam's library page, its titled "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus German Edition", clicking its links direct to the German version page too. Also, my wishlist still has the global version of it :(

vanDulken

Neo Member
On Steam's library page, its titled "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus German Edition", clicking its links direct to the German version page too. Also, my wishlist still has the global version of it :(

Odd. Mine (also from CDKeys) just says Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

sertopico

Hmmmm, the key from Cdkeys.com (indicated as global on store page) shows up as German Edition when activated :/

Guess there's no way then... Scheiße!

Edit: now that I remember, as I bought the first game I had exactly the same issue, I bought the global key on some website and then I got the censored version right after the game appeared on my Steam list. :/

Skyr

How is that possible if it's not a specific german key?

When I activate it with a VPN will I get the original version? I really don't want to play this butchered version...

Aangster

Odd. Mine (also from CDKeys) just says Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

It's bloody weird, because under my "view licenses and product key activations", there's nothing to indicate its the German version. Some games have at least have [ROW] or [AU] (like the censored Witcher 2 version in Aus) attached.

Jinroh

I live in Switzerland, I guess I’m screwed if I want to buy a key? For old blood I got a German steam key and recently bought new order on the psn and ended up with a German version as well...

There’s no censorship here and I don’t even speak German, I live in the French part...

Wait, wasn't this game supposed to use the PS4 Pro's FP16 capabilities? It seems it doesn't considering the not-that-close to 4K resolution and the fact that it runs at the same console settings as the basic version.

Pilgrimm

I just hope one can power through the story in a couple of days. Played the first new one in one sitting! Hard to finish games these days

Top Bottom