• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus teased at Bethesda show

StoveOven

Banned
thats the biggest thing pointing towards it being Wolfenstein 2 and not a new Shinji Mikami game, that speech BJ says at the end is from this particular sonnet

Also the fact that it's listed under the other Wolfenstein games and with a bunch of other Id franchises with no sight of The Evil Within

I mean, that studio still exists, and they had those cosplayers, it's a possibility down the line.

I mean they basically announced they were working on something a few months ago. We know the Evil Within was considered a big success by Bethsada, so im sure work is well underway on a new project. Whether that is Evil Within 2 or a spiritual successor, IDK, but we know they're working on a new game.

CrayToes

Really disappointed we didn't see it today but oh well. Give Machine Games time and resources and they'll make a masterpiece.

That doesn't mean TEW2 doesn't exist. It probably does.

It could easily have some marketing deal where part of the deal is to debut it at Sony or MS's conference. It is probably just going to be a short trailer or something. But who really knows? If it doesn't show up after tomorrow's conferences, then it either doesn't exist, or wasn't ready.

The Flash

Banned
Not strange to be invested in the best FPS protagonist in years.

*ahem*

VerifiableWellmadeChickadee.gif

Nah BJ is still really cool

DOWN

Banned
The game contrasts surprisingly emotional story themes and well done characters with the excessively violent fictional Nazi empire. It is by far my biggest pleasant gaming surprise and i recommend it. Best romance writing in a game and the new title ties beautifully to the game.

antitrop

The game contrasts surprisingly emotional story themes and well done characters with the excessively violent fictional Nazi empire. It is by far my biggest pleasant gaming surprise and i recommend it. Best romance writing in a game and the new title ties beautifully to the game.

I wouldn't put it above Nate and Elena in Uncharted 4, but I think BJ and Anya is right up there with Jenny and Jackie from The Darkness as one of the better examples, yes.

I was sold on BJ as a character when the opening line of TNO was

"Death at the gates again. Howling my name. Can't answer now, I've got a war to win."

antitrop

BJ is saying the New Colossus poem towards Anya, so finally we get her as the protagonist? Please!

wolfenstein_anya_new_colossus_by_digi_matrix-da6606c.jpg
I would be all for it.

The Ramona Diaries in The New Order were a great read. Really seems like they're setting up for it.

Not that I want BJ to be dead, so I hope they could do like a dual campaign (like Dishonored 2) or something like that.

I would be all for it.

The Ramona Diaries in The New Order were a great read. Really seems like they're setting up for it.

Not that I want BJ to be dead, so I hope they could do like a dual campaign (like Dishonored 2) or something like that.
Anya goes to rescue BJ. BJ wakes up as a part cyborg and has to escape Neo-Castle Wolfenstein. Dual campaign, GOTY 201X

Anung

Un Rama
BJ is saying the New Colossus poem towards Anya, so finally we get her as the protagonist? Please!

I'd certainly be down for this with New Order being a passing of the torch so to speak. Anya was a great character and there's still a whole world full of Nazi's to be killed. It'd be a brave move although I'd absolutely miss BJ as a protagonist.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I'd certainly be down for this with New Order being a passing of the torch so to speak. Anya was a great character and there's still a whole world full of Nazi's to be killed. It'd be a brave move although I'd absolutely miss BJ as a protagonist.

Multiple protagonists seems to be the hot new thing, both are under Bethesda. Might be a Dishonored 2 thing.

Raysod

Banned
I expected a new Wolfenstein today but it seems that bethesda has its studios in a three year development cycle, which is good in my eyes...

Next year then :p

Sciz

I know that they don't really care about Keen, but seeing the references here and in DOOM is tugging at my heartstrings. Has to be some decent indie dev out there who'd love to take a crack at it on the cheap.

Tigermave

Neo Member
I am going to be naive and hold out hope that Microsoft or Sony secured the exclusive reveal of Wolfenstein. Microsoft featured Fallout 4 in their presser last year.

I want it so bad... New Order has made so many other story-driven FPS titles so hard to get into. It was compelling from start to end.

BJ might escape....

It's possible!!!

:'(

The title is cool btw, the concept of Colossi and Golems and such things are quite an interesting part of Jewish mythology from last I remember.

Gonna be an awesome game. Loved TNO and TOB.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I came with the expectations of seeing a new Wolfenstein in Bethesda's conference and was deeply disappointed that there was only the tiniest hint about it.

The name is very appropriate though. The way BJ delivers that monologue still gives me shivers.

gabbo

I know that they don't really care about Keen, but seeing the references here and in DOOM is tugging at my heartstrings. Has to be some decent indie dev out there who'd love to take a crack at it on the cheap.

That is all I want, with BJ as Billy's grandfather tied in. Like, I would drop every other game for it.
Do any zenimax studio do platforming? could they farm it out?

Wouldn't suit her character to be wielding dozens of guns and keeping the tone BJ gives the game. I think it's more likely that she would take over the resistance after Caroline dies of old age and that she is directly involved in the main plot.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I hope it follows the same path set by New Order. Man, that was such a great FPS and I was not expecting to like it as much as I did even after hearing how good it was.

Top Bottom