• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order - May 20th, "Doom" beta access, new trailer

BOOM BOOM Gameplay trailer

Official boxart

wolf_tno_finalbox_flat_pcbox.jpg

Bg2kXQICUAAN_74.jpg:large

http://www.wolfenstein.com/en-gb/doom

I’ve just pre-ordered Wolfenstein, where’s my DOOM beta key?

An insert will be included inside your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order. This insert will include a key code along with code redemption instructions. Once the key code is redeemed, you’ll be registered to participate in the DOOM beta once it begins. Check back at wolfenstein.com/doom for updated information.

What is the release date of Wolfenstein: The New Order?

Wolfenstein: The New Order will be available on May 20, 2014 in North America and May 23, 2014 in Europe for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.

How do I redeem my code?

Once you’ve received your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, simply return to wolfenstein.com/doom and follow the code redemption instructions located on the enclosed DOOM beta insert. Once you enter your code you will be asked to provide a valid email address. We'll contact you at a later date through the email address provided with further instructions on the DOOM beta

Do I need to specify what platform I want to play the DOOM beta?

Prior to the start of the DOOM beta, you will be contacted at the email address provided during the code redemption process. At that time, we will provide additional information on timing, available options, and other important news and information. Beta timing and platform options are subject to Bethesda Softworks’ discretion.

What is the DOOM beta? How long will it last?

We will be providing more information on the specific content and duration of the beta test at a later time.

When does the DOOM beta start?

Although you’ll receive the DOOM beta key code with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, the DOOM beta won’t begin until a later, yet-to-be announced date. We will contact you with news and updates surrounding the start of the DOOM beta via the email address provided during the key code redemption process.

Will there be an Open Beta for DOOM?

Timing and availability of future beta programs for DOOM is to be determined. The only current way to ensure access is through pre-ordering Wolfenstein: The New Order. We will be providing more information on additional beta tests, if any, at a later time.

Machinegames' take on the Wolfenstein franchise is coming to consoles and PC on May 20, Bethesda Softworks announced today, and beta access to the long-in-development new Doom from id Software is being offered as incentive for pre-ordering the game.

According to a release from Bethesda, everyone who pre-orders the game will be invited to access the Doom beta with their copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order. More details on the Doom beta pre-order incentive are promised at the official Wolfenstein website.

When contacted for information about the new Doom, Bethesda declined to provide additional comment or platform details, but confirmed that it's the next Doom title currently being worked on by id Software. A release date for Doom and its beta was not provided.
Via Polygon

From CVG:

"An insert will be included inside your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order," it reads. "This insert will include a key code along with code redemption instructions. Once the key code is redeemed, you'll be registered to participate in the DOOM beta once it begins. Check back at wolfenstein.com/doom for updated information."

"Although you'll receive the DOOM beta key code with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, the DOOM beta won't begin until a later, yet-to-be announced date. We will contact you with news and updates surrounding the start of the DOOM beta via the email address provided during the key code redemption process."

Hanmik

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-wolfenstein-the-new-order-to-get-in-the-beta

Doom 4 is alive: pre-order the new Wolfenstein game and you'll get in the beta, publisher Bethesda has announced.

There's little else on id Software's long in-development shooter. We had thought it was called Doom 4, but today Bethesda referenced it only as Doom, so perhaps it's a reboot of sorts.

MachineGames' Wolfenstein: The New Order is due out on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on 23rd May 2014, so the beta won't be available until some point after then.

The news comes at the end of a new trailer for Wolfenstein, below. A Doom beta invitation will be included with a purchase of Wolfenstein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXIcclBjE0

http://www.wolfenstein.com/en-gb/doom

FAQ

I’VE JUST PRE-ORDERED WOLFENSTEIN, WHERE’S MY DOOM BETA KEY?
An insert will be included inside your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order. This insert will include a key code along with code redemption instructions. Once the key code is redeemed, you’ll be registered to participate in the DOOM beta once it begins. Check back at wolfenstein.com/doom for updated information.

WHAT IS THE RELEASE DATE OF WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER?
Wolfenstein: The New Order will be available on May 20, 2014 in North America and May 23, 2014 in Europe for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.

HOW DO I REDEEM MY CODE?
Once you’ve received your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, simply return to wolfenstein.com/doom and follow the code redemption instructions located on the enclosed DOOM beta insert. Once you enter your code you will be asked to provide a valid email address. We'll contact you at a later date through the email address provided with further instructions on the DOOM beta.

DO I NEED TO SPECIFY WHAT PLATFORM I WANT TO PLAY THE DOOM BETA?
Prior to the start of the DOOM beta, you will be contacted at the email address provided during the code redemption process. At that time, we will provide additional information on timing, available options, and other important news and information. Beta timing and platform options are subject to Bethesda Softworks’ discretion.

WHAT IS THE DOOM BETA? HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
We will be providing more information on the specific content and duration of the beta test at a later time.

WHEN DOES THE DOOM BETA START?
Although you’ll receive the DOOM beta key code with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, the DOOM beta won’t begin until a later, yet-to-be announced date. We will contact you with news and updates surrounding the start of the DOOM beta via the email address provided during the key code redemption process.

WILL THERE BE AN OPEN BETA FOR DOOM?
Timing and availability of future beta programs for DOOM is to be determined. The only current way to ensure access is through pre-ordering Wolfenstein: The New Order. We will be providing more information on additional beta tests, if any, at a later time.

*DOOM Beta invite included with game purchase. Platform/console restrictions will apply. Must be 18+ to participate. Access subject to requisite platform/console subscription, timing and territories, to be determined at Bethesda’s sole discretion. Participation requires Internet connection and acceptance of Beta agreement. Additional terms and conditions may apply.

MachineGames' Wolfenstein: The New Order is due out on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on 23rd May 2014,

That's news

also WTF

Wtf? Is this going to be how that one Splinter Cell game got you into the Future Soldier beta like, two years after release?

A little confused. It says preorder to get in the doom beta. Does that mean I actually have to buy the game or just get a preorder code?

syko de4d

beta access for a singleplayer game? Or does Doom4 come with a Multiplayer? If it´s a Multiplayer Beta from Doom4, it´s a smart move. Some Doom fans will buy it and a game that previously had no Multiplayer has now one, even if it´s a totally different game xD

But Doom without Carmack ;(

dmr87

Buy a game I'm not interested in to get early access to a game I want to be interested in, that is the question

MYE

Holy shit. Wait, why does a Doom game need a beta??????

oh crap. Its online multiplayer nonsense isn't it?
:(

Gamescom

Which was somewhat funny. You know, all that nazi stuff... in Germany. They're pretty strict about that, I'm surprised Bethesda could properly 'show' it on Gamescom.
Hope the campaign is fairly lengthy since multiplayer's missing.

ironcreed

Banned
Announcing a beta before even showing the game? Okay then. I guess I am excited all the same, but I am not pre-ordering Wolfenstein.

ReaperXL7

beta access for a singleplayer game? Or does Doom4 come with Multiplayer? If it´s a Multiplayer Beta from Doom4 it´s a smart move. Some Doom fans will buy it and a game that previously had no Multiplayer has now one, even if it´s a totally different game xD

But Doom without Carmack ;(

Zenimax is making Doom 4 an MMO with a $20 daily weekly sub, and you can also purchase demon hearts for some sweet stat boosts...

I plan to buy wolfenstien, but it is a little strange to hype a Beta for a game no one knows anything about. I mean it is Doom, but still.

Buy a game I'm not interested in to get early access to a game I want to be interested in, that is the question

Wolftenstein actually looks really really good. Wouldn't feel bad about maybe buying it.

I sure as hell am. Also glad it's releasing this early. Great news.

They apparently started on a new version of Doom 4 around summer 2013:
"An earlier version of Doom 4 didn't exhibit the quality and excitement that id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect,” Hines explains. “As a result, id refocused its efforts on a new version of Doom 4 that promises to meet the very high expectations everyone has for this game and this franchise. When we’re ready to talk about the Doom 4 id is making, we will let folks know.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/04/doom-4-restart-id/

Top Bottom