• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Hopefully whenever they decide to use preloading they'll solve it, but it's never been right at 12:01 (regardless of timezone). Always seem to show up 12:15-45 EST or PST.

I don't mind waiting another half hour or so. I just want to get it started so I can head to bed. It's already been updated to show in the "New" section and not the "coming soon" section, so it can't be long now.

A 9 from Polygon? And it's a Gies review? Did not see that coming. Huh.

To be honest I'm more interested in hearing from people how this game compares to something like the new Shadow Warrior since that's the shooter I had the most fun with in recent memory.

aro52

I don't mind waiting another half hour or so. I just want to get it started so I can head to bed. It's already been updated to show in the "New" section and not the "coming soon" section, so it can't be long now.

That's usually a good sign that things are happening! Try by Search every so often. Many times, stuff will show up in Search, before propagating throughout the Store.

That's usually a good sign that things are happening! Try by Search every so often. Many times, stuff will show up in Search, before propagating throughout the Store.

I can find it no problem. However it no longer says purchased. That line has completely gone so there's nothing to click on. I'll keep trying for a bit.

Um, it's not, it's got a lot of the developers pedigree in there. I wish I could say more, give it until the 20th.

To add to that now, the thing is Wolfenstein is just not a pure shooter, it has a surprising amount of story and a lot of variety in the pacing which I liked the most. So you have a lot of those Riddick moments where you talk to people and chill out for a sec. It's very physical in that way too, the melee combat is pretty cool and everything always in first person. So no third person climbing like in Riddick ;)

I list the modes in videos here. There's a hardcore mode (no HUD no ammo, no shields) and two others.

Finding all the Enigma codes in the level is pretty tough though. Still miss one from the very first chapter.

Holy shit!

weapons have depth of field implemented on them ala Killzone!

MAGNIFICO!!!

Karak

So what's the general feel leading up to the reviews coming out? I haven't read about this game yet and would really like a good shooter right now. Loved the Xbox game.

Something along the lines of Singularity would really hit the sweet spot right now.

A 9 from Polygon? And it's a Gies review? Did not see that coming. Huh.

To be honest I'm more interested in hearing from people how this game compares to something like the new Shadow Warrior since that's the shooter I had the most fun with in recent memory.

Shadow Warrior was WAY more fun. But this still isn't terrible or anything.

Never followed the hype behind this game. Quite enjoying it though, its definitely a Wolfenstein game. Visually (PC) its very good and the actual gun handling with what I have played through so far is up there as maybe the best I have played in a fps, it feels well weighted playing with a wireless 360 pad, hell even the story seems interesting with all the naration, something I really didnt expect.

Those saying it looks mediocre must be on crack because it looks fine to me.

Totally agreed. The first chapter of the game is probably the most weak looking and it gets a lot better after that.

What's the MSAA launch command? Thought I put it in right but I loaded the game up and it was still very jaggly.

And I've thought it looks pretty nice so far outside of said horrible IQ.

aro52

I'm gonna go watch Jack Bauer do work to get amped up! ...while I continually switch between Library and Store on vita remote play :p

Moofers

You posted the wrong GIF, what the fuck

tumblr_n52nppEkfI1qdlh1io1_400.gif

I love this. Can somebody explain what the wiggling meme is about though?

Wow, I can't play this game with max settings, I wonder if it's because I don't have a I7 or my 670 is not good enough anymore :(

It hasn't been good enough for a while sadly ;-;

Someone said turning off screenspace reflections or whatever makes it run at a steady 60 and doesn't make much of a visual difference so try that, currently away from my desktop.

Animator

Someone said turning off screenspace reflections or whatever makes it run at a steady 60 and doesn't make much of a visual difference so try that, currently away from my desktop.

It does make a huge difference, you miss all reflections. That is what is killing framerate though. There is a room in the
prison
level very early game that my game dropped to like 0.5 fps. It was literally a slide show until I turned screen space reflections off. Turned it back on after I left the room and it has been fine since but I am not sure why in that room the game literally died.

Wurdfurd

This is retarded, there are 2 store entries on the ps4 right now one at 53.99 (for plus members) the other at 59.99 but the only one you can buy is the 59.99 non plus one.

It does make a huge difference, you miss all reflections. That is what is killing framerate though. There is a room in the
prison
level very early game that my game dropped to like 0.5 fps. It was literally a slide show until I turned screen space reflections off. Turned it back on after I left the room and it has been fine since but I am not sure why in that room the game literally died.

Is a bit of a bummer but I might end up having to turn it off as I'm sliding about from 45-60 which can get a bit nauseating.

npa189

What are you talking about? A 670 is still a pretty top notch card. Sorry we all can't afford Titan Zs.

Top Bottom